4.30 star(s) 30 Votes

indio68

Engaged Member
Sep 26, 2020
changelog says day 2 implemented...iand updatge 2...but in Version is stated update2 12...whaich one tells the truth?

ZeroDarkhole

Feb 7, 2021
changelog says day 2 implemented...iand updatge 2...but in Version is stated update2 12...whaich one tells the truth?
As a general rule on F95 , if the game version and the changelogs don't match, ignore the changelogs.
Talothral updates us on his progress quite frequently so the change log is not really of much use.

So my advice, look for more exact information on Patreon.

JJDrakken

Oct 28, 2021
As a general rule on F95 , if the game version and the changelogs don't match, ignore the changelogs.
Talothral updates us on his progress quite frequently so the change log is not really of much use.

So my advice, look for more exact information on Patreon.
If you go to link I provided, his Blogspot, it has all current updates always when they are released to general public.

Kitchentable

Aug 13, 2018
Nice big update. I liked the reception at the embassy. Tons of interactions.
More different aliens and interesting bits about the world setting.

I really like the formal attire the Elai females wear for such an occasion.
I think we need more of such events!

Dunfred

Mar 22, 2018
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
This is the first instance I noticed where my characters name defaulted to the generic name.

Talothral

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2020
This is the first instance I noticed where my characters name defaulted to the generic name.
Interesting, kind of curious how that can be possible...

And the fact that every instance Garrett is replaced by the name_override script with anything that is in the mc_name variable... curious...

Ge0rgy

Sep 10, 2018
Still got the "d12ThirdRoom" - Error during the Kread-Event, is there an official fix somewhere? - the MEGA - Link in Discord does not work anymore...

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
HAppy game fixing play!
to the 4th room
Yeah. Do you have name_override.rpy (and obviously the name_override.rpyc) in your /game folder? If so delete it.

Generally speaking here, it would be wise before doing an update to delete any possible .rpy and .rpyc files from the /game folder, simply because most likely there has been modifications to those files or they have been integrated to the scripts.rpa. Or are just out dated and break things.
Only one "breaking" bug ...
It's where you'll visit different rooms at the end...
Still got the "d12ThirdRoom" - Error

Carpe Stultus

Engaged Member
Sep 30, 2018
Interesting, kind of curious how that can be possible...

And the fact that every instance Garrett is replaced by the name_override script with anything that is in the mc_name variable... curious...
I had that too in this scene but i forgot to report it. Its weird but it definitely happened. :D

Talothral

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2020
Still got the "d12ThirdRoom" - Error during the Kread-Event, is there an official fix somewhere? - the MEGA - Link in Discord does not work anymore...
Try a save that is made before end of update 11. Rolling back has deleted the variables from the save, that's what seems to caused the issue. Unfortunately, I'm not in a place where I can actually make custom fixes at the moment.

Reactions: dronmk2

DarkOs31

Apr 28, 2020
Try a save that is made before end of update 11. Rolling back has deleted the variables from the save, that's what seems to caused the issue. Unfortunately, I'm not in a place where I can actually make custom fixes at the moment.
That was the trick i used after JJDrakken posted 0.12 is online,i put your fix from your discord in the "game" folder and started a save from 0.11 .
No more errors .

Dunfred

Mar 22, 2018
Try a save that is made before end of update 11. Rolling back has deleted the variables from the save, that's what seems to caused the issue.
You talking about scrolling back through the dialog? i did that when i was getting the images to report the name issue and got crashes from each room and a loop in room three.
I exited the game then loaded back in at the end of 11 save and had no issues with each room after that. (after reading this statement)

Talothral

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2020
You talking about scrolling back through the dialog? i did that when i was getting the images to report the name issue and got crashes from each room and a loop in room three.
I exited the game then loaded back in at the end of 11 save and had no issues with each room after that. (after reading this statement)
Yeah, rollback can cause issues. Keyword here being can, most of the time it's fine but at times it just breaks shit without good reason. Well, it's one of the reasons that causes the "not defined" error. You can play the game and do rollback at every chance you get and nothing happens. Then for someone for some reason, they do it once and things break. I tried 20 or so times to replicate the issue and I couldn't get it trigger no matter what I did, had to resort on saves that few people sent me and lot's of looking stuff up to even find what could be plausible cause and how to get it to trigger. Luckily it's "easy" to fix, just need to set the variables false in the console.

But that being said, I'll try to fix the issue going forward somehow without disabling the rollback, just a note, not going to do that unless it is the last choice.

Also as for the vanishing Rhimu, yeah that's been fixed, just forgot to copy the fixed files to the update 12 build, it's fixed in 13 but that requires at the moment downloading the full game, probably will make the update12.rpa available as well for those who want it fixed.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
well with animations (walking etc) enabled can go past end of update content and end on save on this screen (i prefer saving before that).

Anacondras

Jul 21, 2020
While running game code:
File "game/update12.rpy", line 752, in <module>
NameError: name 'd12FourthRoom' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "update12.rpyc", line 752, in script
File "A:\Non steam Games\Private\TRS2-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1832, in execute
if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
File "A:\Non steam Games\Private\TRS2-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2059, in py_eval
return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
File "A:\Non steam Games\Private\TRS2-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2052, in py_eval_bytecode
return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "game/update12.rpy", line 752, in <module>
NameError: name 'd12FourthRoom' is not defined

I found this error after you finish everything in the third room.

Reactions: Aelth

Talothral

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2020
well with animations (walking etc) enabled can go past end of update content and end on save on this screen (i prefer saving before that).
It's safe to do 99.9% of the time, I test a lot and I haven't had anything break for me, or my testers for that matter. Only common thing with the saves that I have is that they rolled back at some point, problem is that when I try to rollback at the same point, nothing happens. And doing research indicates that the issue is related to rollback, just haven't found a fix that doesn't require disabling the rollback feature.

Luckily, as I said, at least I think I said it, it's easy to fix if you know how to use the console. I use false as default value 99% of the time. So for example in case of what is below the command would be "d12FourthRoom = False" just to make the variable work as it should. Problem is that I discovered with the saves that it will delete multiple variables, but it isn't always the same exact variables so I can't do a precise fix that works for everyone, since if I "redfine" all the variables and one of them isn't broken it then complains about the variable being defined twice.

But luckily more often than not, loading an older save fixes the issue.

I found this error after you finish everything in the third room.
Try a save that was done before end up Update 11 (aka before you potentially slept with Shelxae) and try not to rollback.

Last edited:
4.30 star(s) 30 Votes