babado

Jun 24, 2018
If your preference is men then there is no content. The game essentially ends imminently after the intro as all the choices you have at that point lead to dead ends.

Reactions: inshaderwetrust

BlackDahliaStudios

Game Developer
Nov 18, 2020
If your preference is men then there is no content. The game essentially ends imminently after the intro as all the choices you have at that point lead to dead ends.
There is some, but not as much at this point. I intend to work on it eventually.

Edit: Due to poor design on my part, I think that the Male Pref content is currently locked behind Female Pref, meaning the player must pick Both to have access. I plan on fixing this in the next update when I design the Home area.

Last edited:

MLGWolf69

Oct 1, 2020
I see the game has the "mobile game" tag but I didn't see a .apk file option, at least on the websites I checked. I'm guessing there will be a mobile port in the future? Or can .zip files be used on mobile and I'm just dumb

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
Yeah, I'm okay. I have been distracted by FromSoftware... let's call it research ;). Recently finished Dark Souls and currently binging Elden Ring.
That's good to hear. I always say to give devs as much time as they need, but it's always worrying when the last thing you heard from them is "I've been very sick". [Time for Elden Ring, and praise the health!]

BlackDahliaStudios

Game Developer
Nov 18, 2020
That's good to hear. I always say to give devs as much time as they need, but it's always worrying when the last thing you heard from them is "I've been very sick". [Time for Elden Ring, and praise the health!]
Fair enough lol

I thought it might be weird giving medical updates...

I'll begin getting back into the flow of things when I finish Elden Ring. Having a full time job doesn't help either since playing that game is also kind of a full time job...

Deleting my social life would also help. Maybe in a few years I will have enough savings to quit working and just do whatever I want full time. Or maybe I'm still stuck in fantasy world. :)

I think I also struggle to code consistently. It's a bit soul sucking for me. I'll probably need to alternate between coding and writing to finish the project with my sanity in tact.

Last edited:

racu_racu

May 31, 2020
Glad your health is getting better and you are enjoying Elden Ring (which is completely understandable)! Take as much time as you want, as it is your project after all, but when do you estimate you will be able to post the next The Monastery update? I remember you mentioned in a post a while back that you would try to complete it by the end of February, but we are aware that it's been delayed by the events in the past month.

Reactions: BlackDahliaStudios

BlackDahliaStudios

Game Developer
Nov 18, 2020
Glad your health is getting better and you are enjoying Elden Ring (which is completely understandable)! Take as much time as you want, as it is your project after all, but when do you estimate you will be able to post the next The Monastery update? I remember you mentioned in a post a while back that you would try to complete it by the end of February, but we are aware that it's been delayed by the events in the past month.
So basically, I need to finalize NPCs, quests, and items. Maybe a month or two. It will probably take a month to apply the Monastery content to the Archmage, and then I can start working on the narrative again. So hopefully, I will be posting narrative updates by June.

BlackDahliaStudios

Game Developer
Nov 18, 2020
The Monastery - Changelog v0.3.0
-New Locations: Cave, Headmaster's Office
-New Quest: Siren's Quest, Headmaster's Quest (Unfinished)
-New NPC: Headmaster
-Raid the medicine cabinet
-Introduced NPC Spawning Engine
-Game remembers puzzle completion
-The teacher's important document can now be found in the desk even if a previous search attempt failed
-Potions have effects (8/24: Vampire Potion (unf), Bat Potion, X-ray Potion, Poison, Disintegration Potion, Gorgon Potion, Invisibility Potion, & Blindness Potion)
-Syntax bugfix in Infirmary
-Code cleanup: Converted some unoptimized code into macros

3.20 star(s) 5 Votes