BlackDahliaStudios

Game Developer
Nov 18, 2020
did i miss something im not getting very much content?
I am still in pre-alpha. There is some branching, which reduces length. Also, a lot of the writing is in the teaser section of the main menu at the beginning. It's not fully incorporated into the story yet.

I also planned out the next section of the game last year. The monastery area. It will be incorporated soon.

I've had growing pains since this is my first project.

Reactions: cuchulin

BlackDahliaStudios

Game Developer
Nov 18, 2020
Did you forget to put the lesbian tag up there or is the female protagonist bound to be a disgusting cumdump?
Just asking because i only play lesbian female protagonists, if i cant avoid dicks here i'm out ^^
At this point, I can't remember if I've written any lesbian scenes.

I will say that I plan to. And you can filter by sexual preference in character creation.

BlackDahliaStudios

Game Developer
Nov 18, 2020
This update didn't focus on smut. I needed characters and world first. Proper setup.

More smut is coming. I promise.

Really, I wanted to ensure I fixed my writing before I was knee deep in second rate prose. Prose will be 80-90% of this product, even if it is smut.

Last edited:

JJet

May 19, 2018
Now, it's a matter of writing and programming. In order to accomplish my vision, this project will likely require a minimum of 1,000,000 words of prose by the time I get out of beta. So, I really ought to be writing 100,000+ words per year if I want to get to the finish line any time soon. A professional writer can write 1,000 words per hour, so I'm looking at a minimum of 1,000 hours of writing time to get out of beta. Not to mention editing/revision time.
1,000 words per hour maybe, but at that pace you'll likely start bloating your editing time depending on your standards, and you won't be able to keep that pace up all day every day. If you knock out 3600 words a day across a couple days, you'll likely see a dip in word count for a few days with just writers block (but then again, that depends on your standards).

Also consider that:
  • The average novel is 50,000 to 70,000 words
  • The average book is considered "too long" for publishers when you're north of 100,000 words.
  • The 6 volumes of War and Peace totals 561,304 words
  • The Lord of the Rings trilogy - 455,125 words
  • 1,000,000 words are about the size of all 7 Harry Potter books
That's a great vision, but if you don't have your milestones planned out in much more concrete smaller chunks you'll burn out long before you get out of beta. You'll need to give yourself little "wins" to see progress which will help you keep up motivation.

Reactions: BlackDahliaStudios

BlackDahliaStudios

Game Developer
Nov 18, 2020
1,000 words per hour maybe, but at that pace you'll likely start bloating your editing time depending on your standards, and you won't be able to keep that pace up all day every day. If you knock out 3600 words a day across a couple days, you'll likely see a dip in word count for a few days with just writers block (but then again, that depends on your standards).

Also consider that:
  • The average novel is 50,000 to 70,000 words
  • The average book is considered "too long" for publishers when you're north of 100,000 words.
  • The 6 volumes of War and Peace totals 561,304 words
  • The Lord of the Rings trilogy - 455,125 words
  • 1,000,000 words are about the size of all 7 Harry Potter books
That's a great vision, but if you don't have your milestones planned out in much more concrete smaller chunks you'll burn out long before you get out of beta. You'll need to give yourself little "wins" to see progress which will help you keep up motivation.
Yeah, my current plan is four acts with three interludes. I'll consider each of those a milestone. I also write slower than a professional and it's not my day job, so that stat was intended as a point of comparison. There are also plot branches. Each of which will be a milestone.

I went into this project expecting a ten year timeline. I'll be happy if I can publish 150k words per year. Since it's been two years already and I'm only at 50k, I'm behind schedule. But I've done planning work.

tretch95

Nov 5, 2022
I am guessing the male protagonist route has more content , the female character content is like 6 pages if that
Pretty sure that i tested close to all possible parts with the male protag, and there are only dead ends.

The "light" side leads to a reference to the future monastery update. The "dark" side lets you go home where you can't do anything but approach the MCs mother, and when trying to do anything with her it also ends the content before anything happens.

• Thinking Face

BlackDahliaStudios

Game Developer
Nov 18, 2020
Pretty sure that i tested close to all possible parts with the male protag, and there are only dead ends.

The "light" side leads to a reference to the future monastery update. The "dark" side lets you go home where you can't do anything but approach the MCs mother, and when trying to do anything with her it also ends the content before anything happens.
That's true. The game is unfinished, hence the v0.0.6.

A lot of the content is in the teaser section. I moved some things there until I can fix continuity.

I will add a menu button for passage navigation to fix visibility, since this isn't obvious.

Edit: I did it. And I realized all of the smut is there (except the psycho murder thing). Oops.

Last edited:

BlackDahliaStudios

Game Developer
Nov 18, 2020
Okay. I uploaded a hotfix patch.

For plotless smut, you can now simply go to passage navigation on the sidebar menu.

The smut is unedited, but at least it's visible now. I'm working on it, I promise!

I will land the plane on this thing eventually, but I've had to go through some trial and error to figure out what doesn't work. Failure is a part of the process.

Last edited:
Reactions: inshaderwetrust

Sheepy Cloud

Apr 22, 2020
Bestiality, futa, religion & necrophilia...
Hmmm... Sounds like quite the interesting religion...

I'll check back in a couple years and see how much this has advanced.

• Haha

Candy1970

Jan 14, 2018
That's true. The game is unfinished, hence the v0.0.6.

A lot of the content is in the teaser section. I moved some things there until I can fix continuity.

I will add a menu button for passage navigation to fix visibility, since this isn't obvious.

Edit: I did it. And I realized all of the smut is there (except the psycho murder thing). Oops.
my point was about the tags if it is not currently in the game you are not supposed to use the tag .......the tag means that is there not that it plans to be added so if there is no sex scenes in the game most of those tags should be removed until that content for that tag is added .

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
my point was about the tags if it is not currently in the game you are not supposed to use the tag .......the tag means that is there not that it plans to be added so if there is no sex scenes in the game most of those tags should be removed until that content for that tag is added .
The teaser section is in the game, though. So the tags in question are there, they're just disconnected from the normal flow of the game for now.

BlackDahliaStudios

Game Developer
Nov 18, 2020
I can see it both ways.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: inshaderwetrust
3.20 star(s) 5 Votes