BlackDahliaStudios

Game Developer
Nov 18, 2020
The pace of my work, and therefore updates, is speeding up. My personal obligations are becoming less demanding and I've done enough research to feel comfortable with the direction of the project.

Now, it's a matter of writing and programming. In order to accomplish my vision, this project will likely require a minimum of 1,000,000 words of prose by the time I get out of beta. So, I really ought to be writing 100,000+ words per year if I want to get to the finish line any time soon. A professional writer can write 1,000 words per hour, so I'm looking at a minimum of 1,000 hours of writing time to get out of beta. Not to mention editing/revision time.

My ultimate goal: An open-world narrative where choices matter. In other words, each player has a unique experience each time they play. I can't say at this point how much programming will be required, but I do want the ability for the player to kill other characters and the game to recognize that.

The next update will fix the narrative. The one after that will add more choices and build the world more once I've got that foundation. Hopefully the feedback for the next update will be positive and indicate that I'm going in the right direction.

BlackDahliaStudios

Game Developer
Nov 18, 2020
I'm 65% done rewriting the main path (14,000/21,000 words). I don't know the numbers on the side paths at this point, but I've rewritten maybe 40% of that? I'll wait until 100% on both to post an official update.

Here's my if anyone is interested.

The player can now enter her name and her pronouns will be reflected accordingly in the third-person prose.

Thanks for sticking with this project so far. I appreciate all feedback. :)

Wuvlies

Aug 16, 2018
I'm 65% done rewriting the main path (14,000/21,000 words). I don't know the numbers on the side paths at this point, but I've rewritten maybe 40% of that? I'll wait until 100% on both to post an official update.

Here's my if anyone is interested.

The player can now enter her name and her pronouns will be reflected accordingly in the third-person prose.

Thanks for sticking with this project so far. I appreciate all feedback. :)
appreciate your hard work boss :)

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
I started working on the mind control smut and decided to temporarily move it to the teaser section instead.
asdfghjkl

Update is published.
Did you report it to the mods? Apparently that's an extra step that's required before it shows up in the "Latest Updates" page, which is important for visibility. I'm not sure why exactly, or if there's any workaround, since I'm not a dev myself and have just heard this from others. I'm not even entirely sure how true it is. All I can say is that the game is currently two years behind in the Latest Updates list. (Of course, maybe you already knew all this and the mods have just taken a bit to get to it.)

BlackDahliaStudios

Game Developer
Nov 18, 2020
asdfghjkl

Did you report it to the mods? Apparently that's an extra step that's required before it shows up in the "Latest Updates" page, which is important for visibility. I'm not sure why exactly, or if there's any workaround, since I'm not a dev myself and have just heard this from others. I'm not even entirely sure how true it is. All I can say is that the game is currently two years behind in the Latest Updates list. (Of course, maybe you already knew all this and the mods have just taken a bit to get to it.)
It just updated in the list.

Belphegor007

Aug 23, 2016
Seems weird to change to third person when you make the character and see things from their eyes as it makes it less immersive.

Reactions: DwingF9

yilkin

dl.rpdl.net
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
TheArchmage-0.0.6PreAlpha
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

BlackDahliaStudios

Game Developer
Nov 18, 2020
Seems weird to change to third person when you make the character and see things from their eyes as it makes it less immersive.
I get where you're coming from. It's not common in interactive fiction. However, it is the standard in market fiction. Second person wasn't feasible given the scope of this project. Specifically, changing character perspectives becomes increasingly confusing, since the character will be 'you' no matter the character. The player character isn't the only POV character.

I could mix third person and second person, but that feels ickier to me than 100% third person.

Darkmessiah30

Jul 12, 2020
new to this game thought to give it try what does enabling disturbing content enable whats under the disturbing content umbrella?

Virulenz

Engaged Member
Sep 27, 2017
Did you forget to put the lesbian tag up there or is the female protagonist bound to be a disgusting cumdump?
Just asking because i only play lesbian female protagonists, if i cant avoid dicks here i'm out ^^

Zuul

Dec 2, 2016
Update listings are handled manually, that's why someone (anyone can do it) needs to report the relevant post so the mods are given visibility on it.

It might happen without a report if a mod just happens to stumble onto it, but they don't exactly browse random threads and posts looking for such things so it's very incidental and rare when it happens unless the mod is active in that specific thread for whatever reason.

3.20 star(s) 5 Votes