czertik

Apr 25, 2018
I expected to see more sex for 4 playtroughs, always either bad end or stuck in a red link or another stupidity.
For me, that's not worthy of a first release supposed to lure people into liking the "game".
Not gonna try this ever again, just too many rookie mistakes for the first release.
and how about creating sceenshots of red lines so that they can be fixed ? or reporting other bugs ? early stage game is early stage game.
never ever expect 1h gameplay on first/early/demo relase of any game, even text only.

czertik

Apr 25, 2018
Story etc seems nice, sad there doesn't seem to have plans for any pics so not for me but good luck!
pics on tetx based games are in 99% killers of game. because many playeers will demand more and more and more of them, leving dev with 80% of time searching for desired pic, instead of developing of game.
for any text based game, keep pic at minimum to show most important parts only.

narnif

Sep 4, 2017
I've got a special place in my heart for text-based games like these. Lots of tags, too. I'm fine without visuals as long as the writing picks up the slack. Good writing also allows for more freedom of what to actually do, rather than relying on finding an image that would fit, or dedicating resources to add custom images, it's the most accessible option for people who want to create, but lack the other artistic talents.

More power to the dev with this project! I hope to see more!

BlackDahliaStudios

Game Developer
Nov 18, 2020
I've got a special place in my heart for text-based games like these. Lots of tags, too. I'm fine without visuals as long as the writing picks up the slack. Good writing also allows for more freedom of what to actually do, rather than relying on finding an image that would fit, or dedicating resources to add custom images, it's the most accessible option for people who want to create, but lack the other artistic talents.

More power to the dev with this project! I hope to see more!
I certainly lack the aforementioned artistic talents. I refuse to steal other people's art. I don't have the resources to pay an artist. And in my opinion, images decrease the quality of the game overall because they stifle the player's imagination.

Last edited:

Sorter

Aug 11, 2017
I take it, for now, the end is when you reject your teacher and choose a side? I chose Hope and cannot continue after that. So far, it seems promising and interesting. I did feel the cliche about the PC's power. A super-mage grows up among a mundane family and his power sprouts into existence with a bang when faced with advercity.

BlackDahliaStudios

Game Developer
Nov 18, 2020
I take it, for now, the end is when you reject your teacher and choose a side? I chose Hope and cannot continue after that. So far, it seems promising and interesting. I did feel the cliche about the PC's power. A super-mage grows up among a mundane family and his power sprouts into existence with a bang when faced with advercity.
You can trust him and continue in the school currently. This is the first major branching choice in the plot, so each choice will be developed further in the future.

Despite the cliche, I hope the eventual explanation for the power will be unique and satisfying. :)

I have planned the major plot developments, but it takes effort and time to turn them into a narrative. I have been spending most of my time so far programming unfortunately, so hopefully I can transition back to focusing on writing again soon once I finish the Demo. It's more fun anyways. I love mysteries!

Last edited:

BlackDahliaStudios

Game Developer
Nov 18, 2020
Games with such so many tags, usually gets abandoned, but i believe in this one. I keep an eye on the progression, and see if i was right.
I believe that even if development slows down, it will never truly stop. Even if I "finish" this project. I could continue writing until I die and probably have additional branches that make sense to create...

I'm hoping that since it is fantasy, I can just write about literally anything that seems interesting to me at that time instead of being stuck in certain subject matter and losing motivation. I guess I will find out in a few years if this is true.

• Love
Reactions: Fruzsina

Fruzsina

Feb 9, 2018
I believe that even if development slows down, it will never truly stop. Even if I "finish" this project. I could continue writing until I die and probably have additional branches that make sense to create...

I'm hoping that since it is fantasy, I can just write about literally anything that seems interesting to me at that time instead of being stuck in certain subject matter and losing motivation. I guess I will find out in a few years if this is true.
Wow, that flame missing from so many people (Not only from some devs here)! I'm once again amazed, about Your boldness towards this project! I can't wait to read the walls of patch notes, don't let me down. ^_^

Reactions: BlackDahliaStudios

daedilus

Mar 11, 2017
i guess if you want to read a novel and jack off or something... Me i need a picture. Men are generally visually orientated... Just a friendly heads up...

BlackDahliaStudios

Game Developer
Nov 18, 2020
i guess if you want to read a novel and jack off or something... Me i need a picture. Men are generally visually orientated... Just a friendly heads up...
Duly noted. There is probably no shortage of visual content elsewhere. I'm not sure the same can be said for text-only projects. Personally, I don't want to get bogged down in visuals.

Having said that, the code is open source with a GPL-3 license, so anybody who so desires may legally add visuals.

In fairness, it's not only a novel. There will also be gameplay mechanics.

Last edited:
Reactions: Asia Argento

Usokitsuki

May 1, 2018
The game gives you the choice of gender, and then continues to disregard it entirely. My female MC is constantly referred to as "he/his/him" in the text. This should either be fixed as soon as possible, or the choice of gender should be dropped entirely.
Case in point:
1637659971851.png

BlackDahliaStudios

Game Developer
Nov 18, 2020
Reactions: S.H.O.D.A.N.
Jan 25, 2020
Interesting. Those sort of tentacles monsters may indeed be appropriate for a corruption route.
A cool idea for that could even be that as the player gets more corrupt the monster/character gets less and less human as it gets the player to enjoy more and more depraved forms of pleasure from it's less human form. I'm excited for what you could do with this game.

3.20 star(s) 5 Votes