• Introduced basic library passages
  • Seed collection now works
  • Forest combat introduced with rewards
  • Plants can now be found in the forest
  • Harvesting/Leaf collection now works
  • Seeds can be planted
  • Player plants can be harvested
  • Upcoming: Potion system
Note: Created a running Word Count (including unpublished) in the Developer Notes section of thread for transparency and tracking.

Reactions: Fruzsina

BlackDahliaStudios

Game Developer
Nov 18, 2020
So what is the difference between the demo and the main? Also you may be mixing up Invocation with Evocation.
Demo takes place where Main leaves off. There will be more gameplay mechanics involved, so I'm taking the opportunity to iron out the coding kinks before eventually merging them. It's also intended to be a minimal viable product for advertising purposes.

It's possible I'm mixing them up, the difference appears to be subtle. I'll have to take a harder look at that in the future.

Last edited:

Fruzsina

Feb 9, 2018
Question, once the game is "ironed", will the game stay as story driven, like a kinetic novel-ish (with certain picks, that may change or lead to an ending) story game? Example: If the story wishes a certain potion, the protagonist is "forced" to use it, else can't progress?

Or will the game have some freedom, Example: If the story wishes that potion (let's stick with the alchemy tree), after obtain the materials/potion. Can we then trail away, and say...make a different potion, that may or may not be able to affect our progress (with or without consequences)

BlackDahliaStudios

Game Developer
Nov 18, 2020
Question, once the game is "ironed", will the game stay as story driven, like a kinetic novel-ish (with certain picks, that may change or lead to an ending) story game? Example: If the story wishes a certain potion, the protagonist is "forced" to use it, else can't progress?

Or will the game have some freedom, Example: If the story wishes that potion (let's stick with the alchemy tree), after obtain the materials/potion. Can we then trail away, and say...make a different potion, that may or may not be able to affect our progress (with or without consequences)
Freedom first, story second.

The player should have substantial control over the path of the game, but still experience a developed narrative based on their choices. Hence the unwieldy scope of this project.

It is currently story driven because I haven't yet finished Demo and integrated it. I also haven't finished developing some of the branches that are available before Demo. One of them will get some content in the next update, however.

The overall setting and lore will be the same, but the player should hopefully be able to explore this world with few limitations.

I really dislike when developers force the player down a certain path of the narrative, so if I end up doing that then I will consider this project a failure.

Last edited:

Fruzsina

Feb 9, 2018
It is currently story driven because I haven't yet finished Demo and integrated it.
I had that guess, as the game is in such an early phase. However, some game stays as story driven at the end, and i totally in for games that give me enough freedom, such as picking sides, dealing with an encounter with various picks. And of course romance options.

The overall setting and lore will be the same, but the player should hopefully be able to explore this world with few limitations.
This question might be too early to ask, but would be like, for example: A forest, Named NPCs, Shops, Home, and maybe 2-3 extra.
Or something different?

I really dislike when developers force the player down a certain path of the narrative, so if I end up doing that then I will consider this project a failure.
That's once again a plus! I believe that forcing the game to a set playstyle, would just ruin for many. Because some people wouldn't like to see, if a certain kink would be a "must have", in order to move on.
Also seeing the tags, it makes me feel that a combat possibility is on the table. Which under Your ambition, that could be a perfect addition, and leading to many option to think about victories or defeats (not to mention if we later can/must combat named ones).
And lastly, seeing virginity tag.
Usually this mark with female protag goes without say, but We could become anything. So the question is: Will certain named NPCs start virgin?
I could shoot more questions, but for now i'll just enjoy reading the changelogs. *fingers crossed for this project*

Reactions: BlackDahliaStudios

BlackDahliaStudios

Game Developer
Nov 18, 2020
I had that guess, as the game is in such an early phase. However, some game stays as story driven at the end, and i totally in for games that give me enough freedom, such as picking sides, dealing with an encounter with various picks. And of course romance options.

This question might be too early to ask, but would be like, for example: A forest, Named NPCs, Shops, Home, and maybe 2-3 extra.
Or something different?

That's once again a plus! I believe that forcing the game to a set playstyle, would just ruin for many. Because some people wouldn't like to see, if a certain kink would be a "must have", in order to move on.
Also seeing the tags, it makes me feel that a combat possibility is on the table. Which under Your ambition, that could be a perfect addition, and leading to many option to think about victories or defeats (not to mention if we later can/must combat named ones).
And lastly, seeing virginity tag.
Usually this mark with female protag goes without say, but We could become anything. So the question is: Will certain named NPCs start virgin?
I could shoot more questions, but for now i'll just enjoy reading the changelogs. *fingers crossed for this project*
I definitely don't want player preferences to inhibit plot progression. This would be a big no-no for me! There should be plenty of variation in the plot. I'm hoping that eventually there will be enough variation that no two players will have the same gameplay experience. This will take a long time to accomplish...

There are currently plans for: forest, home, and named NPCs. I'm not too fond of the idea of shops, because then I will need to implement a currency system, which seems too grindy (I hate grinding...). I'm not sure what you mean by extra or different.

Combat will definitely exist. I haven't yet decided how granular the combat system will be. I am leaning towards confining it to standard decision making, item, and skill mechanics.

Yes, named NPCs may be virgins. I haven't given any thought to the virginity of the Protagonist, but that is a legitimate concern. I will think about how that might be incorporated into the game design.

Last edited:

Fruzsina

Feb 9, 2018
I'm not too fond of the idea of shops, because then I will need to implement a currency system, which seems too grindy (I hate grinding...). I'm not sure what you mean by extra or different.
Hmmm, how do we get to meet with certain NPCs, if there wouldn't be a few extra locations? (That dosen't have to be shops, or anything)
Of course relatives goes without say, we know them by default. May as well a few friends? But should that cover anyone, outside of the forest?

It would feel somewhat logical, if we could meet certain NPCs, beforehand we're forced to face them, or make ally with them.

For example: If an NPC would be a priest, then a church could be a possible location to get ourselves one step closer to face the darkness? That way several NPC's the protagonist can get acquainted, and not just enter a "Named NPC's house".

Following this example, for the conclusion: We could maybe meet a corrupted nun inside the church, and we can then pick if we become corrupted, or cleanse the nun? Or accroding to the monster tag, we could find a demon(ess), that we could interogate to defeat the darkness, maybe to listen to what the demon(ess) has offer, in exchange for their freedom?
That way we can gain points towards both to be good or evil. And the story would slowly carry itself, yet we're in charge, untill the we take critical decisions (that eventually would be the goal, I believe), and then face, how the protagonist shaped the world.

Notes: To avoid the player to face something too early, the said corruptor would be locked in the basement, or other locked area. That we're not have permission to enter, so we have to option to do a certain story line before gain knowledge. Which can be done by the said Priest, or an other NPC? Prehaps if the priest cannot make their way to follow the good track, the protagonist may hear a "suspicious" sound, and can investigate. So either way, there will be always a possible way to finish the game with all focus on the dark, or the light.

The other idea
If the first idea is seemingly a big fish, this one is going to be easy to think about.
However the idea, isn't original
Because somehow we still have to master our abilities, or at least give a little knowledge (even if it's only mentioned as an intro/tutorial level) So that way we could meet several of our teachers (May goes well with milf as a bonus?), and a few NPCs that would drive the protagonist to the good or evil track (Which can be anything that is lore friendly, even a teacher!).

Phew, that might be a lot to take in, however several things in this list, might require a "little grind". But those parts can be replaced with other elements, that wouldn't require them. So don't instantly trash the idea, because of the example hand a potential grind alert in it! :giggle:
And of course, if You have any question about this (or if my english for such lengthy material unreadable), I'll do my best to answer.

BlackDahliaStudios

Game Developer
Nov 18, 2020
Hmmm, how do we get to meet with certain NPCs, if there wouldn't be a few extra locations? (That dosen't have to be shops, or anything)
Of course relatives goes without say, we know them by default. May as well a few friends? But should that cover anyone, outside of the forest?

It would feel somewhat logical, if we could meet certain NPCs, beforehand we're forced to face them, or make ally with them.

For example: If an NPC would be a priest, then a church could be a possible location to get ourselves one step closer to face the darkness? That way several NPC's the protagonist can get acquainted, and not just enter a "Named NPC's house".

Following this example, for the conclusion: We could maybe meet a corrupted nun inside the church, and we can then pick if we become corrupted, or cleanse the nun? Or accroding to the monster tag, we could find a demon(ess), that we could interogate to defeat the darkness, maybe to listen to what the demon(ess) has offer, in exchange for their freedom?
That way we can gain points towards both to be good or evil. And the story would slowly carry itself, yet we're in charge, untill the we take critical decisions (that eventually would be the goal, I believe), and then face, how the protagonist shaped the world.

Notes: To avoid the player to face something too early, the said corruptor would be locked in the basement, or other locked area. That we're not have permission to enter, so we have to option to do a certain story line before gain knowledge. Which can be done by the said Priest, or an other NPC? Prehaps if the priest cannot make their way to follow the good track, the protagonist may hear a "suspicious" sound, and can investigate. So either way, there will be always a possible way to finish the game with all focus on the dark, or the light.

The other idea
If the first idea is seemingly a big fish, this one is going to be easy to think about.
However the idea, isn't original
Because somehow we still have to master our abilities, or at least give a little knowledge (even if it's only mentioned as an intro/tutorial level) So that way we could meet several of our teachers (May goes well with milf as a bonus?), and a few NPCs that would drive the protagonist to the good or evil track (Which can be anything that is lore friendly, even a teacher!).

Phew, that might be a lot to take in, however several things in this list, might require a "little grind". But those parts can be replaced with other elements, that wouldn't require them. So don't instantly trash the idea, because of the example hand a potential grind alert in it! :giggle:
And of course, if You have any question about this (or if my english for such lengthy material unreadable), I'll do my best to answer.
There will be many locations that will fit that sort of description. I have no idea how many there will be. The only bottleneck is my mental bandwidth.

Reactions: Fruzsina

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
So how much mind control content is there/will there be in this? And will it be possible to go down a fully MC-focused route? (Note that I include elements of supernatural corruption and the like to be subcategories of mind control.) Particularly for a text-based game, I don't want to have to slog through a ton of content I'm not interested in just to get to the few bits that I would be interested in. And since I have OCD, I can't just "try out" the game to find out unless I plan to get invested.

BlackDahliaStudios

Game Developer
Nov 18, 2020
So how much mind control content is there/will there be in this? And will it be possible to go down a fully MC-focused route? (Note that I include elements of supernatural corruption and the like to be subcategories of mind control.) Particularly for a text-based game, I don't want to have to slog through a ton of content I'm not interested in just to get to the few bits that I would be interested in. And since I have OCD, I can't just "try out" the game to find out unless I plan to get invested.
What do you mean by MC-focused?

Currently, the Rogue (Despair) route incorporated in v0.0.3 includes mind control. I'm not sure how much content you consider a slog.

I'm planning mind control in future routes as well. I can't really give you a number until I get further into development. A couple routes will be espionage routes, so those will probably involve some degree of mind control. There will be routes where MC is the target of mind control. Potion brewing will also allow mind control.

Would a tagged flow chart be useful? I was avoiding the idea initially because of the risk of spoilers, but I could probably to compromise on that.

Reactions: damnedfrog

BlackDahliaStudios

Game Developer
Nov 18, 2020
Playing as female so shouldn't have a cock there.
I think site ate the sentence.
That one is actually intentional due to the insanity. If you click the link, it should realize that you don't have one. Although I did notice that the dog's pronouns are incorrect in that passage.

3.20 star(s) 5 Votes