HotVenusStudios

Writer/Game Developer
Game Developer
Jan 6, 2020
when you cant start any renpy game always just delete persistent in both places, that usually solve any launch issues

otherwise if its crashing middle play, make sure that any mods you are using are updated or simply try without them and another thing that can crash game if you used any of unren (console, rollback can simply remove it from \game folder and check)
Delete persistent? What's that mean?

I put no mods in the new version.

I see "error: not enough memory" in the traceback log

• Thinking Face
Reactions: micmitja

micmitja

Forum Fanatic
Aug 6, 2017
Delete persistent? What's that mean?

I put no mods in the new version.

I see "error: not enough memory" in the traceback log
every game got pesistent files in
TheAwakening-0.4.0c-pc\The Awakening\game\saves
and in "AppData\Roaming\RenPy\TheAwakening-1535779441 (what ever number of latest)"
usually when you cant launch the game

tho if you got memory issues i doubt its, but cant hurt to try i guess

on which system are you ?
and also post traceback, maybe someone will know whats with it.

Reactions: Wraith2100

HalGLC

May 12, 2017
Hey everybody, completely OOTL on this, know the game loved the game when I played it.

I was under the impression that the reworks were just to make the prologue seem less dated, but then I see things like Slim "had" to rewrite it. There a cliffnotes version of all the developments since the last big story developments (I think the last time I played was pre-prologue remakes) tried searching back but not sure where in the thread all the answers are
Now that there's new life in the thread, trying this again

PederSilver5

Aug 18, 2020
I own two Fedoras: Who is Preston (his coma doctor), and (s)he is the wanker (I thought it was the writer having a joke)! Challenge accepted:
Dear Wanker
if you are really able to read this
I tip my fedora to you
but seriously why even bother
reading this, it's just made up text that you will forget
in about five minutes
- Preston

StreamSteam

Engaged Member
Jun 24, 2022
I fucking hate these fucking devs milking their supporters
ima start doing my own game and not be like this one or summer scam saga
Comparing this game to "Summertime Saga" is nonsense.
STS is fully handdrawn & DC streams daily.
Admittedly he have to reorganize his team or hire more people because waiting 2 years for the tech update is not acceptable nevertheless, it's not like we haven't seen anything new. We got Main Story - Part III, six pre tech updates and a bunch of wallpapers in these 2 years he also drew all the Rhonda art in the meantime, so while we know that the bottleneck of handdrawn games is the art (except in case of 0.21) 0.22 will dump quick after the tech update.
Which new stuff did Slim release in the last 2 years ? nothing
DC is dawdling but comparing "The Awakening" with a 2d high quality game & most transparent weg dev is bs

Last edited:

jhustrue

Mar 3, 2020
Comparing this game to "Summertime Saga" is nonsense.
STS is fully handdrawn & DC streams daily.
Admittedly he have to reorganize his team or hire more people because waiting 2 years for the tech update is not acceptable nevertheless, it's not like we haven't seen anything new. We got Main Story - Part III, six pre tech updates and a bunch of wallpapers in these 2 years he also drew all the Rhonda art in the meantime, so while we know that the bottleneck of handdrawn games is the art (except in case of 0.21) 0.22 will dump quick after the tech update.
Which new stuff did Slim release in the last 2 years ? nothing
DC is dawdling but comparing "The Awakening" with a 2d high quality game & most transparent weg dev is bs
Summertime Saga's dev makes A LOT of money. The art being the bottleneck is absurd. He makes so much money that not having drawing assistants is laughable. He should have already had them for years.

StreamSteam

Engaged Member
Jun 24, 2022
Summertime Saga's dev makes A LOT of money. The art being the bottleneck is absurd. He makes so much money that not having drawing assistants is laughable. He should have already had them for years.
His intention is not to complete the game as soon as possible he has a good product which he is of course aware of and is trying to delay the completion (which I don't support either) but the difference between Slim and him is huge as i said before DarkCookie at least brings new content that's with this developer unfortunately not the case.
My point isn't that Darkcookie is perfect, but compared to Slim it's a world apart

3.90 star(s) 117 Votes