eros_tendre

Aug 13, 2022
Can't play the new version (0.4.3) in linux. When I launch the "TheAwakening.sh", I have the following message :
Ren'Py platform files not found in:

/home/loic/Bureau/PS/commission internationale/CR/TA/TheAwakening-0.4.3-pc/lib/py3-linux-i686

Please compile the platform files using the instructions in README.md
or point them to an existing installation using ./after_checkout.sh <path>.

Alternatively, please set RENPY_PLATFORM to a different platform.

When I copy the "i-686" dedicated file from 0.4c version, I have the following message :
Could not find platform independent libraries <prefix>
Could not find platform dependent libraries <exec_prefix>
Consider setting $PYTHONHOME to <prefix>[:<exec_prefix>]
ImportError: No module named site

I guess there must be some files missing.
Does anyone has a clue?

PS : the .exe file doesn't work with my linux

eros_tendre

Aug 13, 2022
Maybe I get it. I have a 32 bit system and if I look attentively to the files, it is only designed for 64 bit. Am I right?

EridianX

Jul 24, 2018
The beginning of the game is great. 10/10 on almost everything. Then comes the message stating it's about to change. I went in blind but i guess they revamped the start of the game? Not sure i want to play until/unless they do that for the entire thing because i couldn't even make it five minute in after that point before i was just like nah i'm taking a break. Renders quality was okay but crap compared to what it was before then really. And almost immediately there were continuity errors, like it being the second day of school when it was like a week later in the previous scene. Or the conversation with Linda talking about shit that didn't happen. Don't really want to invest time into it if it's just going to be scrapped and changed to something better, and that start was WAY better. Which is a shame, from what i saw of the start it looked like it was gonna be great.

ohmz

Feb 6, 2021
The beginning of the game is great. 10/10 on almost everything. Then comes the message stating it's about to change. I went in blind but i guess they revamped the start of the game? Not sure i want to play until/unless they do that for the entire thing because i couldn't even make it five minute in after that point before i was just like nah i'm taking a break. Renders quality was okay but crap compared to what it was before then really. And almost immediately there were continuity errors, like it being the second day of school when it was like a week later in the previous scene. Or the conversation with Linda talking about shit that didn't happen. Don't really want to invest time into it if it's just going to be scrapped and changed to something better, and that start was WAY better. Which is a shame, from what i saw of the start it looked like it was gonna be great.
It's funny that the beginning was remade to fix the continuity errors, but added new ones. And now he is going to skip over the rest and add new stuff at the end that matches the beginning but not the rest.

Reactions: Jaun Karr

Talmadge

May 7, 2018
Just wondering if BrandyYT had an ETA on the WTM? Just curious. We all get that you do this for nothing and have a life. So keep up the great work.

Talmadge

May 7, 2018
Okay. I have a question. Just restarted, and I don't recall this the first time I played, but why, in the memory with the sister at the beginning, does the MC go "I don't know &$#*^"? Is this edited from foul language now? If so. Why have a game based around sex yet have foul language edited? LoL

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Maybe I get it. I have a 32 bit system and if I look attentively to the files, it is only designed for 64 bit. Am I right?
yup and question is why still using 32bit?

Okay. I have a question. Just restarted, and I don't recall this the first time I played, but why, in the memory with the sister at the beginning, does the MC go "I don't know &$#*^"? Is this edited from foul language now? If so. Why have a game based around sex yet have foul language edited? LoL
well sex is 1 thing but cussing is other thing.

• Haha
Reactions: Talmadge

Talmadge

May 7, 2018
yup and question is why still using 32bit?

well sex is 1 thing but cussing is other thing.
Thing I don't get is. A few lines later, the MC thinks "fuck...". So I don't understand. Does the creator of this game just not like the word shit? What is wrong with shit? Everyone does it. LoL.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Thing I don't get is. A few lines later, the MC thinks "fuck...". So I don't understand. Does the creator of this game just not like the word shit? What is wrong with shit? Everyone does it. LoL.
well maybe mc fears that sis and mommy hear him.

Reactions: Talmadge

Talmadge

May 7, 2018
hey guys,
here is the incest patch for the version 0.4.3.This patch should work in the future updates too (At least i hope it) but if you find ingame a scene where it is not working please make an screenshoot from that scene and wrote me a pm.
Install guide: extract the file into the mainfolder (where the TheAwakeningLauncher.exe is)

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Does your mod replace every instance of the persons name being referenced or something? Because I just met Margaret, and she calls the woman Mom instead of by her name. It kind of takes away a bit of the immersion by having non-relatives calling them mom and sister.

gigan

Engaged Member
Modder
Nov 7, 2017
Does your mod replace every instance of the persons name being referenced or something? Because I just met Margaret, and she calls the woman Mom instead of by her name. It kind of takes away a bit of the immersion by having non-relatives calling them mom and sister.
can you make a screenshot about it? If it´s my fault then it takes a while to fixed it because I´m been sick since a few days and lie mostly only in bed

Talmadge

May 7, 2018
can you make a screenshot about it? If it´s my fault then it takes a while to fixed it because I´m been sick since a few days and lie mostly only in bed
This is the only time I've noticed it so far. But I'm not very far into it again.

Reactions: BaeScout83

gigan

Engaged Member
Modder
Nov 7, 2017
This is the only time I've noticed it so far. But I'm not very far into it again.
Yes it is in the mod but normaly it should come:
So, last I heard you got into some accident and was in a coma. Your mother talked to me about it quite a bit. instead your text.Could you rollback a little where you have the choice:"Open the door to look" or "Just close the door"? because the mod has a little problem when you load a savegame to change then the sentence before in the script file comes an jump command

Talmadge

May 7, 2018
Yes it is in the mod but normaly it should come:
So, last I heard you got into some accident and was in a coma. Your mother talked to me about it quite a bit. instead your text.Could you rollback a little where you have the choice:"Open the door to look" or "Just close the door"? because the mod has a little problem when you load a savegame to change then the sentence before in the script file comes an jump command
I restarted to get to that point. I chose "open the door to look", but didn't save or anything before that. I'm now where the mom is giving him a haircut.

3.90 star(s) 116 Votes