Talmadge

May 7, 2018
Okay. Just got out of the rework and into the free-roam. It does kind of, I'd say irritate a little that the rework goes through at least a week, then the free-roam acts like it was just a day since the MC was attacked by Jim and left naked in the girls room. Honestly, if your going to do something like that, might as well just redo the whole thing. But I digress. Hopefully from now on we get new content and not more reworking. Also, if BrandyYT isn't going to continue with the mod, maybe someone like Scrappy or Joker could take over.

Reactions: Ruodger

mr.rooter

Jun 3, 2017
Okay. Just got out of the rework and into the free-roam. It does kind of, I'd say irritate a little that the rework goes through at least a week, then the free-roam acts like it was just a day since the MC was attacked by Jim and left naked in the girls room. Honestly, if your going to do something like that, might as well just redo the whole thing. But I digress. Hopefully from now on we get new content and not more reworking. Also, if BrandyYT isn't going to continue with the mod, maybe someone like Scrappy or Joker could take over.
Is there no new content at all this update?

Reactions: dav121

rambo455

Apr 25, 2020
it may already be a thing but if not might i request a simple addition to the mc textbox when thinking ? as its sometimes difficult to see if the mc is talking to the others or himself a (mc thinking) would help to separate the thinking vs talking

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
it may already be a thing but if not might i request a simple addition to the mc textbox when thinking ? as its sometimes difficult to see if the mc is talking to the others or himself a (mc thinking) would help to separate the thinking vs talking
some devs make thinking on cursive font or different colored text so each on their own.

rambo455

Apr 25, 2020
some devs make thinking on cursive font or different colored text so each on their own.
cursive would also help but this is just the exact same style of writing no cursive no hint of anything that makes it look like your thinking instead of talking

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
cursive would also help but this is just the exact same style of writing no cursive no hint of anything that makes it look like your thinking instead of talking
Haven't played yet and I don't remember the PH recordings that led me here enough to recall. Does he make the border blurry? This is another device that I've seen used - also seen in dream sequences. Putting a "mist" around the border or making it slightly out of focus is just another way some Dev's show that what's going on is in the MC's head - there's almost always something, but it may be so subtle that it's difficult to notice other than subconsciously as your brain gets trained to recognize such instances. Kind of like subliminal advertising (your really, really want to go to the lobby now for overpriced candy, popcorn and a soda).

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
so old saves are useless
Pretty much a universal thing on reworks. The underlying coding has changed - not just some dialogue and renders.

I believe this recode was supposed to improve the overall architecture of the game and allow it to grow without everything crashing like the Hindenburg a few more chapters in. I know people don't like it, but better and easier to fix it earlier than later - if it's too late, it is more likely to get abandoned because the fix list is just too long.

Reactions: dav121

fastflier

Oct 29, 2018
The Awakening [v0.4.3] Walkthrough Mod

- Devloper : Slim Games
- Game Version : 0.4.0c/ 0.4.3
- Mod Version : 0.4.0c/ 0.4.3

Features:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

DOWNLOAD MOD (v0.4.3) :
Updating....

DOWNLOAD MOD (v0.4.0c):
Pixeldrain

Unofficial Android Port With My Mod:
Updating....

View attachment 1211550 View attachment 1211551 View attachment 1211552
Hi, just wondering if you are still updating the mod for 0.4.3?

Reactions: mofonistik

Jack0h

Sep 7, 2018
Hey, running into an issue with the current version [0.4.3] wherein the items I purchase from the store can't be accessed in the part of the story where they are needed [ie. uniform for the coffee house, printer for the ID, lockpick for Landlord's room]. What is up with that?

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Hey, running into an issue with the current version [0.4.3] wherein the items I purchase from the store can't be accessed in the part of the story where they are needed [ie. uniform for the coffee house, printer for the ID, lockpick for Landlord's room]. What is up with that?
4.3 or 4.3a?

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
rework means no idea how to go on the story?
cos to me reworks are no sense
Then you do not understand the various reasons for reworks. As cxx noted, this one combined the two elements of the story, and, I believe, also changed the programming architecture to support future growth of the game. Better now than a few more updates in when the game crashes under its own weight and gets wholly abandoned instead of fixed.

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Then you do not understand the various reasons for reworks. As cxx noted, this one combined the two elements of the story, and, I believe, also changed the programming architecture to support future growth of the game. Better now than a few more updates in when the game crashes under its own weight and gets wholly abandoned instead of fixed.

Yeah, I've played both, the re-work plays so much better and actually looks better too.

3.90 star(s) 117 Votes