VN Ren'Py The Best Apocalypse Ever [Ep.1 v1.0] [Dezgemadev]

1.30 star(s) 4 Votes

_Rykon_

Mar 12, 2020
Never hav i ever considered anything completly unbearable!
Untill i reached here....God...

Best ever use of the expression: Kill it with fire before it lays eggs!

gruntcy

Jul 30, 2018
this game has lot of potential, although the constant animations kinda kill the atmosphere and good art.

Apr 29, 2018
Saw mamasita Hayden Panettonerie and I said "Im in", saw the daz3d vagina line and pixely back and said "Nvm, dreams shattered, this will be crappy renders" after reading the comments I see that I was not wrong U.U Someone please make a game with Hayden as a character, I simp so hard for her(and for Jordan McEwen, aka Claire Redfield in the new game) but there is already a game with her likeness
It does seem like there are more bad Daz3D VNs than there are good ones, shame considering how easy they've made it to render decent images.

Does anyone know with which program the graphics were made?

In the preview pics in the OP, the girls face and hands look pretty great with a lot of detail (if not fully sharp) but the bodies and scenery look very basic.

Also, what's up with her pubic hair? Did she put some kind of tape over it??? :WaitWhat:
Daz Studio, people can make some real nice images with it, but takes a lot of practice, experience, and a little bit of postwork. This is a random image from Daz3D's gallery using the same program, for example:
main.jpg

And this is just a quick n' dirty render I bashed together. All I did was load a character, a vagina and pubic hair, a short hairstyle, an environment, a lighting preset, and hit "render". Zero skill and effort involved.
Test1.jpg Test2.jpg
It's not a cheap hobby though, the price of models and props add up pretty quickly and you need a beefy system if you don't want to be waiting overnight for renders (this one took 10 minutes to render, but I'm on a R5 3600x with 32GB RAM and a RTX 3070).

Looks like the pubic hair on this model is a prop that just gets slapped over the crotch. Usually there's a transparency layer that makes the edges fade so it'll blend into the skin behind it, but doesn't look like it was applied here.

Reactions: Yngling

Yngling

Nov 15, 2020
Daz Studio,

Looks like the pubic hair on this model is a prop that just gets slapped over the crotch. Usually there's a transparency layer that makes the edges fade so it'll blend into the skin behind it, but doesn't look like it was applied here.
Thanks for the answer. I know Daz, many devs use it, I have played with it a bit as well.

But to me, it doesn't seem like Daz, more like something else. Maybe it's even a hybrid of Sims 3 or TK17 bodies with faces from some other program (maybe Daz).

Also the scenery doesn't look like Daz to me. Most of the free / cheap / pirated assets are well known because everybody is using the same clothing store and one of three available appartments for their game...

Apr 29, 2018
Thanks for the answer. I know Daz, many devs use it, I have played with it a bit as well.

But to me, it doesn't seem like Daz, more like something else. Maybe it's even a hybrid of Sims 3 or TK17 bodies with faces from some other program (maybe Daz).

Also the scenery doesn't look like Daz to me. Most of the free / cheap / pirated assets are well known because everybody is using the same clothing store and one of three available appartments for their game...
Ah, yes, you're right, I totally jumped the gun there. The model isn't a hybrid, it's a standalone model based on Samantha from Until Dawn. Given I don't remember Sam ever wearing a bikini in the game, I'm fairly certain it's specifically this one:
deqzu64-83c03be8-2be9-47c3-8d29-fe0dd18c9856.png

So it's XNALara, can probably find the house and environment floating around somewhere on Deviantart as well, which is weird because there are plenty of better assets there that could've been used.

Reactions: Yngling

Leyequois

Jul 13, 2017
I would say more Gwenyth Paltrow, rather than Hayden Panettiere.
I know it is Hayden because there is no pre made 3d model for Gwyneth and the first image of the previews is clearly the same model used in Until Dawn, which has been ported for Daz3d

Bad Buster

Oct 27, 2022
Hate to be mean, but come on! This dev's other game is a year and a half old. You'd think he/she would learn how to use a geoshell in that time so you don't have weird changes in skin color around the short and curlies. That's just plain laziness, IMO.

Space_Cow99

Jul 26, 2019
Putting this on steam would be okay thing to do, but pass, I kind want have less space bar action or click em.

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
Well, there are several points i like to make.
1) no pause.
2) environment seems bare bones (very low poly)
3) laggy
4) poses are bare and look weird
5) no emotions.

That is a movie is not really a bad thing but there is no interaction i could see. So, it's not really a game with one you interact.
The dialog seems underdeveloped and spoken by a bot. I reminded me of having an AI do the dialog.
I am just not sure from where the assets really are. Though perhaps unreal?
I think that the RenPy engine isn't helping here. It probably doesn't need an engine.

Apr 29, 2018
Well, there are several points i like to make.
1) no pause.
2) environment seems bare bones (very low poly)
3) laggy
4) poses are bare and look weird
5) no emotions.

That is a movie is not really a bad thing but there is no interaction i could see. So, it's not really a game with one you interact.
The dialog seems underdeveloped and spoken by a bot. I reminded me of having an AI do the dialog.
I am just not sure from where the assets really are. Though perhaps unreal?
I think that the RenPy engine isn't helping here. It probably doesn't need an engine.
Unreal has better free assets than that, really. I'm pretty sure it's XNALara though, given the model and outfits looks identical to this:

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
Unreal has better free assets than that, really. I'm pretty sure it's XNALara though, given the model and outfits looks identical to this:
Dunno. The first thing that went to my mind when i seen the title pic was CSS. Dude, headshot.
Though that would be from the early 2000.
What ached me was the lag in the video. Even ignoring the dialog that is really like from a computer spoken with no empathy.

I have to check XNALara, because that is new to me.
Waiting for the new Dead Space which is Unreal 5 (i think).

DoverUK25

Oct 16, 2021
what the fuck did I watch just now here ep 2 no I didn't pay for this shit it was on Fapnation now don't mind me got to go bleach my eyes out

1.30 star(s) 4 Votes