VN Ren'Py Abandoned The Best Days of Our Lives [v0.1a] [ERA51]

3.00 star(s) 2 Votes

weirdscix

Apr 10, 2021
Renders seem very noisy, also you have a clock which doesn't work right, hour hand is in wrong position, and it travels backwards in the next scene ;)

CY76fOjyuI.png naxcODJVLx.png

lipe2410

Forum Fanatic
Dec 23, 2018
I don't know why make a new thread since the devs will continue from where the story stop (at least, it is what new dev say). This will just confuse players like we can already can see by some coments. And this new release is just a tease, not the real come back of the game that i fell in love but really don't know what expect now. Either way, good luck.

Guy Axworthy

Keeper of Assets
Uploader
Sep 14, 2018
Renders seem very noisy, also you have a clock which doesn't work right, hour hand is in wrong position, and it travels backwards in the next scene ;)

View attachment 1811234 View attachment 1811232
Time travel confirmed ! jk

This is our first attempt at doing a VN, we're still learning the ins and outs of writing a script, coding in Ren'Py and rendering in DAZ.

When it comes to the image quality I hope you'll find the first update an improvement over the teaser and if all goes well maybe we'll manage to get on par with some of the better looking projects out there.

As for the clock, we've already returned it and asked for a refund, next time we won't cheap out on our props (and be more careful at the continuity of the scenes) :(

MuffinManWantsPregnancy

Say no to NTR and Fuck a Preggie girl
Donor
Feb 5, 2020
The original dev had no intention in making a harem route possible. I will make it possible.
But you'll also be able to reject a LI.
Stick with only 1? That is fine too.
Have 2? Alright!
But don't be mad if a LI you reject ending up with someone else (you won't see em fucking!!!)

As to tags, there will be an option for fem domination and male domination in the next update!

Big tits, well Nina has them.

Otherwise, join our discord... I have a list of planned tags on there...
Hey if I ain't interested in a LI, then perhaps she will find her prince charming. Everyone deserves a happy ending. I am glad this is going to continue, I really enjoyed the game before and was pretty bummed when it was placed On-Hold.

Guy Axworthy

Keeper of Assets
Uploader
Sep 14, 2018
im just curious but what are the game tags for this one?
Current: 3dcg, male protagonist, school setting, humor;
Planned: male domination, female domination, anal sex, big tits, animated, vaginal sex, virgin, more might be added;

sdawg1234

Dec 1, 2019
Man people have not been paying attention to this one at all. Old devs quit/put the game on hold and have since started creating a new game. ERA51 was granted permission to continue the game and make it how he sees fit. He couldn't get control of the old thread so he had to make this new one to keep everyone updated. I believe the old dev will use that thread to update people on his new game as he has posted there some info about it. It got confusing because 2 devs were on the same thread posting about different games. Hope this helps with the confusion

lipe2410

Forum Fanatic
Dec 23, 2018
Well, played this tease/intro.

First, kudos to you guys from ERA51 for keep this VN alive even being rookies in this hard landscape. You guys have balls and i sincerely wish success in this hard task.

But i also have to be honest, and being honest i will be lying if i didn't tell that i'm affraid to get bummed again with this game. TBDOL was a little gem to me, i really got hooked by the characters and the grounded slice of life vibes of the story, and i was really sad when the original writer leave the project and the original artist put the game onhold. Especially because i even didn't have a real moment with my love Rebecca :cry:

Anyway, some thoughts from to you: Make very clear in OP that this is the continuation of the previous versions to people know that they can/should play the previous chapters to have a better view of the story. Also, since both of you are newbies and are starting from zero support, try manage the expectations of the people about the renders and animations that sure won't be like in the previous chapter.

About the new content i second what already was say about the renders needing a bit more work. But also, always have the previous chapters in hand to have a better grip about the story and the characters. I won't lie: was some kind cringe see the MC thinking that Vanessa is hot and expecting have a second chance with Sophie while still hooking up with Vanessa. He looked like the typical horny/perv male MC this way and one of the good things of the previous chapters is that MC didn't look like that.

Also, i know this add a bit more work but i think you should put a third option to players continue the story without be in the sophie path and in the vanessa path. Otherwise, we won't be able to start the solo path of the other LIs without play at least a part of sophie or vanessa paths before dump sophie or vanessa and some players maybe won't like that. Personally, not a problem to me because my head canon will be MC dating Sophie but as long he and Rebecca spend more time together and know each other better, they will fall for each other and MC will realize that Rebecca is the one he really want to be with. Hope something like that can be possible (start a LI path, but then end things with this LI and enter in another LI path).

That's it for the moment. Really and much luck to you. I will hold my breath to see what you guys will bring to TBDOL

flarigand

May 7, 2020
It's a new beginning, new people, but they should try to keep the essence of the other writer, visually this new project feels inferior, and the previous setting was something much more accomplished.

I don't know the reasons why the other team stopped working on the project, it's a shame, because precisely when they stopped development, it was when the story was gaining pace, in my opinion.

a humble advice, try to continue with the previous setting, the other writer made this VN feel like we were really inside a university, with young adults, now what I see is an effort to turn this into a kind of you know the VN that nobody likes to mention and everyone tries to imitate.

Jul 13, 2018
I didn't knew the previous devs abandoned the game. It's god to see it come back again and with a Harem path now since i like all girls of this game. Hope the new writers can do a good job , the older writer did a great job establishing the story and the characters. As for the drop in quality i think it's normal but when the new dev gains enough revenue to increase the quality i think they might do that

Ape Drape

Oct 3, 2018
Well... Good luck to you guys. I was a patron for the old dev team. It's a shame they went incommunicado before abandoning the game. Screwing patrons like that is not a good idea as it sours them on supporting anybody else.

I'll give this a shot.

Reactions: ERA51

Trash_Panda

Game Developer
Jan 9, 2019

View attachment 1811234 View attachment 1811232
Wow, such attention to details. It makes me worry about my own game. Creating scenes in DAZ definitely isnt easy, on top of that one small error and you rendered the image for hours for nothing.

Looks good but tags seem to be a few, its not enough to see the direction VN is going.

3.00 star(s) 2 Votes