• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN Ren'Py Abandoned The Best Days of Our Lives [v0.1a] [ERA51]

3.00 star(s) 2 Votes
Nov 23, 2020
Does your game gonna have the stupid plot point of where the girls asked you random question and your character gets all pissed on a random thing?

ERA51

The Hitcher
Feb 26, 2022
You know, I fully support this statement. It's funny though, the reason I'm walking away from the game is almost exactly the opposite. You make a big deal out of "now there's a harem option!" when there was not previously, and as an option that's good, but from the choices given in this recap, it feels much more like "now harem is the ONLY option!" Even including LIs you want NOTHING to do with. Vanessa's a bitch, she treats you like dirt, and the forced response is "oh, heehee, I kind of like her!" Interesting you don't have the same perspective for the LIs fucking up how they treat the MC that you're apparently going to give if the player fucks up how he treats them...

Harem is not, and I can't stress this enough, the only option.

If you don't like Vanessa, you can refuse her and her path will close. Period.
You don't like someone else, that is fine, you can reject her and focus on someone else.

I won't force you to date someone you don't like.

erkper

May 16, 2018
Harem is not, and I can't stress this enough, the only option.

If you don't like Vanessa, you can refuse her and her path will close. Period.
You don't like someone else, that is fine, you can reject her and focus on someone else.

I won't force you to date someone you don't like.
You already have forced a date with someone. Your only options were "Did you date Sophia or Vanessa?" No option to have not dated either. And even if you took the Sophia option you are still forced in the MC's internal monologue into exactly what I posted - "Oh, Vanessa, heehee, I like her!" Again, good luck, but this game is moving in a direction I don't want to follow. It already was before you took over - I told myself I was 1 update away from walking away when I played 0.5 unless there were major changes. There were, but not in the way I needed.

Sngo

May 9, 2020
It was just my personal thought about the game ... Why does it make you so upset? Don't you care about people's opinions? Do you want me to delete my post where I say what I think? Let me know.
Don't worry you are not the only one.
I didn't play this game because of older dev cuckish ideias and I was going to try it now since it's new dev, will have harem and no NTR but then yeah lost interest with the, they will get bf if this or that so yeah no ty, why would I need to know if they have new bf or not and if are happy or not, if they aren't important to plot i just don't need to see them anymore and if they are important to plot well that are some of the details i don't need to know they just need to do their part and leave, no need to know about private life

You left your opinion now just do like me and move on to find a new game to play buddy.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Did any a y”all ever see girls date multiple guys? In school, have you not seen the same girl go out with different guys?
Now you are that girl .. MC is dating many girls to get a feel from them and make up his mind.
You have just begun to get to know some girls better. How are you supposed to get your ideas about a girl?
How would she register you want to talk to her if you do not go out with her?
There are two girls MC could pursue and get a date with and some others MC could just visit in their room.
MC has to go through a portion of this game to make up his mind, this is not a game where devs will code boring stupid lack luster activities just because you do not want to actually play the game and go through those dates to choose a girl or another. MC has to date, he has to get to know girls and make his mind up.
Does your game gonna have the stupid plot point of where the girls asked you random question and your character gets all pissed on a random thing?
Harem is love, harem is life.
You already have forced a date with someone. Your only options were "Did you date Sophia or Vanessa?" No option to have not dated either. And even if you took the Sophia option you are still forced in the MC's internal monologue into exactly what I posted - "Oh, Vanessa, heehee, I like her!" Again, good luck, but this game is moving in a direction I don't want to follow. It already was before you took over - I told myself I was 1 update away from walking away when I played 0.5 unless there were major changes. There were, but not in the way I needed.
Don't worry you are not the only one.
I didn't play this game because of older dev cuckish ideias and I was going to try it now since it's new dev, will have harem and no NTR but then yeah lost interest with the, they will get bf if this or that so yeah no ty, why would I need to know if they have new bf or not and if are happy or not, if they aren't important to plot i just don't need to see them anymore and if they are important to plot well that are some of the details i don't need to know they just need to do their part and leave, no need to know about private life

You left your opinion now just do like me and move on to find a new game to play buddy.
We pick up where version 0.5 left, at a point where MC is not exclusive, he has just started dating one girl or the other.
You already have one girl or the otherto pursue and you know for sure you have action with them.
Whadda ya wanna see? Boring classes? Boring homework? Lack luster mundane activities?
This game is about getting to know girls through activities with them, avoiding those activities means avoiding the game.

Nov 23, 2020
Did any a y”all ever see girls date multiple guys? In school, have you not seen the same girl go out with different guys?
Now you are that girl .. MC is dating many girls to get a feel from them and make up his mind.
You have just begun to get to know some girls better. How are you supposed to get your ideas about a girl?
How would she register you want to talk to her if you do not go out with her?
There are two girls MC could pursue and get a date with and some others MC could just visit in their room.
MC has to go through a portion of this game to make up his mind, this is not a game where devs will code boring stupid lack luster activities just because you do not want to actually play the game and go through those dates to choose a girl or another. MC has to date, he has to get to know girls and make his mind up.

We pick up where version 0.5 left, at a point where MC is not exclusive, he has just started dating one girl or the other.
You already have one girl or the otherto pursue and you know for sure you have action with them.
Whadda ya wanna see? Boring classes? Boring homework? Lack luster mundane activities?
This game is about getting to know girls through activities with them, avoiding those activities means avoiding the game.
Hello? I wasn't saying anything about harem in my original post, why reply to me? I was asking if this is the game where the plot device was stupid in which the MC got a group of friends, got offended when asked who is most attractive and who would you date which leads to him leaving the group and avoid them from a single question. I don't care if its harem or not, I am asking if we are going to have stupid scenarios where the MC gets offended for no reason.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
We were, while playing the vision of the previous writer of the game,
who wanted to portray MC relationships with girls that way.
MC needed to be tamed as he was loosing it trying to catch a break and land a babe.
I am asking if we are going to have stupid scenarios where the MC gets offended for no reason
Now MC has actual girls and dates with them, but possibly in the background, as a group dynamic,
we could still see MC be invited over to do chit chat with this or that girl and then sent astray.

ERA51

The Hitcher
Feb 26, 2022
Alright, voices and concerns are heard and I did some adjustments to the code.
When we update to the next version, you'll be able to start without being on either Vanessa or Sophia path. In order to do so, you'll have to play through the recap again, since I did add the option 'no one' at the first choice.
Also the inner monologue has been changed if you're not on either of those 2 paths!

Also I did some cosmetic choices:
Ben thinking blablablabla
Ben I can't believe it
scrapped the word thinking out of those parts.

Also I have written the code for the next update (~ 1000 lines of code! and that without the renders)
So now we are busy with the implementation of a new feature to the game.
Rendering is well on its way!

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
Also I did some cosmetic choices:
Ben thinking blablablabla
Ben I can't believe it
scrapped the word thinking out of those parts.
A little idea : could create a sayer "mct" = Ben thinking or Ben's thoughts

Someshyguy

Jul 11, 2019
I'll try when a full update is ready, believe can give better feedback then (and don't do well with "appetizers" when "main course" is a good time off).

One question; do the choices we made before carry over and count towards or is this a "clean boot"? Did read the readme, context seems to point towards 'yes', just wanna make sure.

Reading some posts above, was worried that only Vanessa and Sophie will be considered 'main' girls but newest post from dev apparently denies that; phew, cause i'm all over Becs and Nina (old dev said something along the lines of "Jen and Becca will be available to be romanced further down but won't be spotlight" and didn't like that one bit. Dunno if plans changed before the torch passing and certainly hope that's not the goal, cause if it is... oh well). Also hope the narrating in form of writing in a chalkboard/paper notebook stays,felt really unique (even if hard to make out sometimes :LOL: )

Again, BIG thanks you didn't let this one to die, so many other little gems did (i tend to be very picky, especially when it comes to characters and story and this one delivered)

ERA51

The Hitcher
Feb 26, 2022
One question; do the choices we made before carry over and count towards or is this a "clean boot"? Did read the readme, context seems to point towards 'yes', just wanna make sure.
Not all choices. In the beginning of this version you have 2 choices
1st choice: Been on Sophia or Vanessa path
(Next version I added 'no one' as an option)
2nd choice: Have you been at the lake with Rebecca or talked to Jennifer

Well the 2nd choice can result in a date with either Jennifer or Rebecca.

Also hope the narrating in form of writing in a chalkboard/paper notebook stays,felt really unique (even if hard to make out sometimes :LOL: )
Sorry... no chalkboard :(

But I do have music/soundeffect in it and there is another feature the old game didn't have (not gonna spoil)
There are many more features planned for the future. But we take it one step at a time.

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
Came here from the abandoned version's thread. Thanks for resurrecting this game from the dead! Really appreciate the effort. Picking a game up that is far enough along to have taken on a literary style presents its own special set of challenges. I'm impressed you're willing to tackle them.

From this intro I really can't get a sense of how you intend to shape the game moving forward, but I'm excited to see where you take it. I wish you every success.

Reactions: blastwave2k

Famescua

Game Compressor
Donor
Aug 10, 2018
Do you need to play the original game to understand whats going on?

3.00 star(s) 2 Votes