RPGM Abandoned The Blackrose Academy [v0.1b] [aRetired]

fidless

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 22, 2018
What? MV runs fine on Mac. On games without a Mac version I even download the Windows version and play it through Wine. I don't know what their problem is.
Mv fullHD runs poorly on low end laptops without dedicated gpu. But plugins makes it superior version, though if you're not using much of them, it's understandable why some devs prefer ace.

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
All their games are now officially abandoned.

Recent posts by aRetired

I'm sorry it came to this, but I guess it was inevitable since last year.
I'll shut down my Patreon on Sunday (June 14) .

It's not like I lost all interest in making H-games. I still like playing around with the character models and thinking about the plot. Yet it's less and less engaging for me, I can't bring myself to dedicate enough time to work on it properly.
Last time I had a blast was last year, with Blackrose Academy. I made 0.1 in just two weeks, since then there was nothing close to that kind of enthusiasm. In the last few months I burned out at least 3 times.
There's also this guilty feeling of screwing my promises to you time and time again. It really stresses me out. I'm really sorry for letting you down like this. If not for you I would have dropped this project long time ago. I really appreciate your support through all this time (but I still don't think my games deserve the half of it).
It was a hard decision. I really wanted to finish at least Pale Pure. But the more time passes the more obvious it is that I can't switch my current priorities in favor of a silly RPG Maker project. I can't go on like this.
Not sure what I can add. Just wanted to say goodbye instead of disappearing silently.

Reactions: rf96