Ren'Py Abandoned The Blackwood Horror [v0.1] [Kyrie]

3.00 star(s) 2 Votes

wizardcock

Feb 19, 2021
I liked the atmosphere, the color palette of the game.Bad graphics are not that bad because it fit the general style. Landlady is nice and not looking 20 years old! it seems that slow aging is not about this family (considering the younger sister) Otherwise, everything else is average... Grind without content at the beginning of the game is always depressing...especially when the scenes are completely the same. you can do 5 extra renders when they hugging 5 times and he puts his hand a little lower or closer to her ass each time and it will be a completely different feeling of grind

Last edited:

Dr. Lewdwig

Apr 15, 2021
I'm sure H. P. Lovecraft is turning in his grave right now.
Can't wait to experience this game :D

Edit: I did indeed, experience this game and wrote a review.

Last edited:

PainKnight

Sep 8, 2020
game looks great, models are good too. Having 2 different approach path is great. On submissive path forced/blackmail ntr will be put great taste on this path.

TheSkeptic1

Apr 10, 2020
Because it's easier to establish a starting point. Many of the writers and players don't want to get bogged down in too much back story right away so it's easier to start at a point where neither the reader or the MC know exactly what to expect. You don't generally see entertainment that drops you into the life of a character on a regular Tuesday afternoon in their life.
That just means you're OK with no originality. That's fine, but it's not the same as saying "no one cares about backstory" or implying it's a good baseline for the start of a plot. It can be, but if you've played any considerable number of VNs, you already know how lazy the introduction to the MC and/or their backstory tends to be. Some authors go as far as creating entire prequels to provide that backstory. Not that this has to be the benchmark for "good", but simply stating the overview is "MC left home and is now returning" describes far too high a percentage of the "backstories".

wizardcock

Feb 19, 2021
That just means you're OK with no originality. That's fine, but it's not the same as saying "no one cares about backstory" or implying it's a good baseline for the start of a plot. It can be, but if you've played any considerable number of VNs, you already know how lazy the introduction to the MC and/or their backstory tends to be. Some authors go as far as creating entire prequels to provide that backstory. Not that this has to be the benchmark for "good", but simply stating the overview is "MC left home and is now returning" describes far too high a percentage of the "backstories".
It also affects the feeling that you kind of start exploring everything together with the main character, learning new places, etc. And not what he shows you as a guest.
But incest, for me, is better without these "returns to home". So that there is a maximum ready connection and as the relationship develops, incestuous awkwardness, etc.

TheSkeptic1

Apr 10, 2020
It also affects the feeling that you kind of start exploring everything together with the main character, learning new places, etc. And not what he shows you as a guest.
Valid point. I just didn't want to misrepresent the full concept of my original question which was rhetorical. I know this trend isn't going to go away. I just wish it would.

BoosterGold74

May 22, 2020
I'm agreeing with you. It's totally lazy. You just asked "Why", and that's exactly why, because it's easy. Let's be honest that only about 20% of the games here (at most) are made by people who really care and who have a lot of talent for it. The rest do it for fun (all good), some do it to learn a new skill (still good), and some do it to try and scam a buck (screw them), so they use formulas that they've seen work before, just like Hollywood or (insert gaming company here).

Reactions: TheSkeptic1

Alanray64

Jan 28, 2022
I understand it is only an early release, however no labelling map locations outside and within is not productive. Becomes a hit, miss affair and then trying to remember which was what later. Some renders are overly dark which detracts and most need a bit of fine tuning. The Asylum Doctor, is kinda Joker creepy :)

Might be interesting but as mentioned, to early to tell.

Last edited:
3.00 star(s) 2 Votes