gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
So I played through it, and for an intro this is not too shabby. Could do with a second pass of proofreading, but nothing criminal.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
Reactions: ArchieGold

ArchieGold

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2021
So I played through it, and for an intro this is not too shabby. Could do with a second pass of proofreading, but nothing criminal.

Thanks, I appreciate going over the logic. From a fresh perspective, it certainly needs work. If NTR is enabled, then you have a chance of watching someone else have sex. I went full on blanket definition of NTR as sex without the MC. This is still avoidable for every future scene.

This looks awesome!!! Any chance for a Mac build?
I will try to do one today.

Frog girls then? LMAO
Sadly, I have so far not found any female frog assets. Not for lack of trying.

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
The previous game says its pint and click and sabdbox. So thats a no for me

Does this game has sandbox/P&C? If not, can the game be played without the first one?

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
The previous game says its pint and click and sabdbox. So thats a no for me

Does this game has sandbox/P&C? If not, can the game be played without the first one?
So far there's no hint of either. I played through it without having played the first one no problem; you'll miss out on some backstory and relationship details, but most of it can be inferred from context.

Reactions: juan palote

cebs

Engaged Member
Game Compressor
Donor
Feb 19, 2018
Here's my unofficial android port of The Blades of Second Regiment v0.6b

Download

Last edited:

Tunak23

Aug 16, 2018
So could you guys give me a summary about the plot of the first game Edgewater(like important events that are crucial to the sequel?Canon ending and all that)?

Because I wanted to start with this one and the first entry of the series apparently was too grindy according to reviews so if someone could give general info about the plot would be great.

Use the spoiler tag and tell me all.

Last edited:

Tunak23

Aug 16, 2018
Liked the system the game uses,in terms of reputation and personal path be it that of war or peace,we even had a chance to see how the MC's relationships can progress in game with Aisha's first scene and all(1 Bond,1 Desire).

Played on android,didn't pop up any bugs or random renpy problems.

Many of the characters models like Aisha's need to be improved,the faces the MC makes on some scenes like when he is angry at his team are overly exaggerated and the training camp's overall scenary was shown very little,showing off some beautiful environments should be a priority for any kind of game.

Thing is I didn't play the first game so do not know if lots of worldbuilding information were given there if so please make a Codex developer in order that us new players who have started the saga now can catch up or for the fans of the first game that just want to remember stuff,enjoyed the little info we got about the tribes,the noble houses,how slavery is official on this Kingdom/setting(perphaps making a map for the game's world would be recommended if you hadn't man?Use Azgaar if you do not know about any other program).

Keep up building your fantasy world as a reader learning more about it is one of the more fascinating aspects.

So gotta praise you for the allingment system,character customization and meaningful choices us what every visual novel player wants,Skander is nothing impressive but building him up on his time with the army is a fun premise.

As he says we are going to end up above those nobles no matter the cost.
Let it be known this somewhat lame kiddo is turning into a conqueror,tremble Aegon Targaryen as Skander is coming for ya.

Screenshot_20220709-130558.jpg

Last edited:

ArchieGold

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2021
Liked the system the game uses,in terms of reputation and personal path be it that of war or peace,we even had a chance to see how the MC's relationships can progress in game with Aisha's first scene and all(1 Bond,1 Desire).

Played on android,didn't pop up any bugs or random renpy problems.

Many of the characters models like Aisha's need to be improved,the faces the MC makes on some scenes like when he is angry at his team are overly exaggerated and the training camp's overall scenary was shown very little,showing off some beautiful environments should be a priority for any kind of game.

Thing is I didn't play the first game so do not know if lots of worldbuilding information were given there if so please make a Codex developer in order that us new players who have started the saga now can catch up or for the fans of the first game that just want to remember stuff,enjoyed the little info we got about the tribes,the noble houses,how slavery is official on this Kingdom/setting(perphaps making a map for the game's world would be recommended if you hadn't man?Use Azgaar if you do not know about any other program).

Keep up building your fantasy world as a reader learning more about it is one of the more fascinating aspects.

So gotta praise you for the allingment system,character customization and meaningful choices us what every visual novel player wants,Skander is nothing impressive but building him up on his time with the army is a fun premise.

As he says we are going to end up above those nobles no matter the cost.
Let it be known this somewhat lame kiddo is turning into a conqueror,tremble Aegon Targaryen as Skander is coming for ya.

View attachment 1915772
Could you give me some examples of the facial expressions? I've gotten this remark before and tried to improve but seems like my eye is missing something.

I will add a little intro to the game going over basic story of Edgewater.

Reactions: Tunak23

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
Ah see I'd completely missed this when playing earlier. Based on the current intro I'd just assumed 'Palm' to be a more pacific and 'Fist' a more aggressive path when I picked the latter. If I knew that the Fist involved what you describe here I might have gone for the Palm instead.

Happily it's still early doors so starting over won't be much bother.

Tunak23

Aug 16, 2018
Could you give me some examples of the facial expressions? I've gotten this remark before and tried to improve but seems like my eye is missing something.

I will add a little intro to the game going over basic story of Edgewater.

I remember this specific scene not long after Skander arrives at the training camp where he is annoyed about his overall situation of being placed on the lowest ranking team,another is when the instructor after making the choice "Go downstairs" and the other lass(Aisha?) say to him "You need to work with your teammates for them to like you" and then Skander answers angrily putting this very forced facial expression.

Aisha's face at times also seemed a little off but perhaps it is me associating all to her character model I am not fond of.

The introductory scene for all characters of the training camp where you show all the models didn't look great,the training scenes were sometimes not the best looking too.

Damn I regret not taking more screenshots but those are more or less the more prominent I remember.

jiji44

Mar 19, 2022
Frog girls then? LMAO
hi, sorry, i wanted to ask you about the judy hopps model that you were porting to daz, were you able to solve the error you had? and if so, could you share the model with me? sorry for disturbing and thanks.

Ceesko

Engaged Member
Jun 3, 2017
Nice game and the number of tags suggest there will be lots of choices and different paths. I hope its not too ambitious for its own good.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote