VN Ren'Py The BloodRiver Saga: Retransmitter [v.0.05 P2] [ND Ferret Studio]

3.20 star(s) 11 Votes

ND Ferret Studio

Developers The BloodRiver Saga: Retransmitter
Game Developer
Apr 12, 2020
Started a new game and I can't go on the first date with Uraraka, clicking her just says I shouldn't bother her right now, but my quest says to talk to her and the heart is pointing me at the 1A classroom.

Edit : Restarting the game fixed the problem, don't know what triggered the issue originally though :/
I think you had to complete the mission at Heiz's first, if I remember correctly. I'm glad that everything went well for you after that.

ND Ferret Studio

Game Developer
Apr 12, 2020
Not going to play until saves work. I don't want to start a new game each update.
Your decision, no issues with that. I'd just like to point out that you can always start with new content and you won't need to play through the game every time.

ND Ferret Studio

Game Developer
Apr 12, 2020
I see the need to add that if you have any questions for us that are not related to the game, then write to us in private or go to the discord channel. We don't want the game thread to go beyond the topic ourselves. So please be respectful of others and don't turn everything into a political debate. Otherwise, expect a report from us. Sincerely, from the game developers.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mabodofu

Nemo de Nemo

Jul 30, 2020
Again, we do not oblige anyone to do anything at all. Have you seen us calling for any war-related activities? In 100% of the cases when we touch upon the topic of war, it is always related to the development of the game, so that people know what is going on with us and what is going on with the development (due to the circumstances of the war, which can change dramatically from time to time). As for the slogan, you took the phrase out of context, in which the explanation was given due to the fact that it was accused of being a nazi slogan. And even if we take the point you made, what do you suggest we do then, just keep quiet and that's it? It's a common slogan in honor of supporting the country that was attacked and of which we are citizens. Maybe then we should remove any mention of the fact that we are from Ukraine? To make YOU feel comfortable reading our thread. We respect the rules of the forum and do not engage in political agitation here. We are not asking for help from anyone on this forum. But we will provide a minimum base of who we are and what is happening to us. Because we are not in a state of peaceful life, this is an unusual situation in itself. In the conditions we are in, it is simply impossible to do otherwise. You can safely ignore this, as you have already written about it yourself. So please do so. Also thanks for wishing the project a successful development, we really appreciate it :BootyTime:.
P.S. And please, if you want to write about such topics, stick to generally accepted interpretations of terminology to avoid unnecessary questions.
With all that said, I don't particularly care about whether you try to rally support here or not. It's not difficult to ignore and the sentiment behind it is understandable as being on the recieving end of a war declaration is less than ideal. You do you.
We have been part of politics all our lives. If you are annoyed by a small, in fact, very neutral slogan in support of our country, which was attacked and terrorized on the scale of WW2, then that's your problem. Please find another thread and write there.
Also "Stand with Ukraine" is not a neutral slogan, you are literally asking/telling people (however they may interpret) to take a side in the dispute that has caused said conflict.

RustyHorseman

Dec 4, 2019
Seeing the new set ups for the combat kinda remind me of the old Adventure Quest game I used to play back in...2004:HideThePain:. Oh, my bones hurt.
As for when I lasted played though, It is funny to see urakaka acting like a gremlin around friends.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

ND Ferret Studio

Game Developer
Apr 12, 2020
I saw this game on an incest website: that's why I asked
Well, each game can be posted on the relevant thematic sites, but this does not mean that they will be completely true. On F95, the thread is run by the developers themselves(i.e. us) and you can be sure that at least here you will find reliable information that you can verify.

Last edited:

ND Ferret Studio

Game Developer
Apr 12, 2020
Seeing the new set ups for the combat kinda remind me of the old Adventure Quest game I used to play back in...2004:HideThePain:. Oh, my bones hurt.
As for when I lasted played though, It is funny to see urakaka acting like a gremlin around friends.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Heh, Uraraka is good - he keeps not only the vibe but also the plot! Very cool hypotheses, we enjoyed your thoughts. We can say that you listed almost all the options. But let's keep it a secret what will happen in story. I wonder what is the name of the game you relied on? :unsure:
P.S. Sorry for late response. As for your bones, be sure to take vitamins with calcium and don't fall into nostalgia, otherwise it won't work... :HideThePain:

ND Ferret Studio

Game Developer
Apr 12, 2020
Current state of development / Progress Tracker

Good health, dear Cossacks!!! I hope you didn't get bored here while we haven't been in touch for a while. Sometimes we get lazy, so we have to fix the situation :BootyTime:. That's why we're going to get right to the point and talk about the 0.05 Part 2 update!!!
As you can see from the tracker, most of the work on the artist's side has already been done. The conceptual component of the battle system has been fully developed, the look of it has been finalized, and the documentation for it has been fully written. Now it is more a question of updating the technical side and writing the code. The update itself will consist of 4 points:
  • Updated combat system - an improved, redesigned version that will be fully integrated into the game.​
  • A tutorial for the first encounter with the enemy.​
  • Further development of the plot​
  • Additional content with existing characters (new characters will be available starting with update 0.06)​
These are the main areas to expect from the current update. Let's not talk about the exact release date yet, so as not to disappoint you with delays, but we will tell you the time under ideal conditions - this month is completely dedicated to writing the combat system and its tutorial. Next month, we'll work on the plot, scenes, sound, etc. In general, from this point on, it can take up to another month or so of work.

Also, we would like to inform you that update 0.05 will have another part 3, in which we will add some more elements to the combat and related things + there will be the development of 3-4 character routes as planned. The 0.05 update will implement the core game mechanics and at the same time develop the main plot with the routes of familiar characters.

We'd like to release everything at once, but we can't do it at all, so we apologize for that. However, we are finally getting out of the gameplay updates and very soon it will be story and content updates, which is good news. We hope you will continue to follow us. See you soon!!! Budmo!!! Stand with Ukraine!!!

tracker_full.png

ND Ferret Studio

Game Developer
Apr 12, 2020
Important changes for update / AudioAnimationTester
Good health, dear Cossacks!!! It's been a long time since the last post. We hope you haven't forgotten about us yet? :HideThePain: We are sorry that we don't inform you as often as we really need to. We can find many excuses, but first of all, we need results. So let's get down to business and report on the state of development!!!

Most importantly, we decided to change the content for the 0.05 Part 2 update. Unfortunately, the writing of the combat system took a long time, because before writing the code itself, the developer-programmer decided to improve his skills in order not to repeat the previous mistakes that occurred during the first release of the combat system. We gained a very important experience, but that's why the work on the game started much later. So we found ourselves in a situation where most of the update is ready, except for the combat system. We could have waited until the combat system was written, but at that point the artist-developer would have been sitting around doing nothing and it would not have been a very smart use of time, which we already have problems with. So this is what the next 2 major updates will look like:
  • 0.05 Part 2 - story, development of routes
  • 0.05 Part 3 - combat, tutorial for combat, development of routes
As for the approximate release date, it's much faster now, that's for sure. Let's focus on the first half of next month, I think we'll be able to cope with it by then, and then we'll inform you in the next posts about 0.05 Part 3.

BUT, there is a very important surprise that we have prepared for you! We decided to add some flavor to the animations and tried to add sounds, so we'll be publishing a post with AudioAnimationTester in the near future. The test will include a new story animation for the 0.05 Part 2 update and we need your opinion on it. So everyone who has access to the tests (tier above or even Cossack Sotnyk) - we are counting on you!!! If you like it, I think we could try to add sound to old and future new scenes.

Well, we have told you about the main things. If you have any questions, feel free to ask, we always do our best to answer. Thank you for supporting us in every way possible. Therefore, we have no right to exhaustion, at least for your sake!!! Budmo!!! Stand with Ukraine!!!

wrkinprgrs.png

Last edited:

Karnewarrior

Oct 28, 2017
Audio? Cool! Glad to see you guys are still alive and kicking.

Is the audio going to be AI stand-ins for the anime VAs, or is it going to be clipped from elsewhere, or are you hiring someone to moan into a microphone?

ND Ferret Studio

Game Developer
Apr 12, 2020
AudioAnimationTester Release

Good health, dear Cossacks!!! Although with some delay, but as promised in the last post - the release of AAT. Given that we don't have any testers at the moment, we decided to lower the bar a bit to Cossack Sotnyk :BootyTime:. There are quite a few of you at this level of support, so it's just right for the test.

The Tester contains a new animation with sound for the 0.05 Part 2 update (hehehe, a little bit of big spoilers!), we are waiting for your opinion on this. Improvements to the Tester are also accepted if there are any inconveniences (we tried to make it intuitive). After the closed tests among the patrons and the general public, it will be decided whether this is necessary. Budmo!!! Stand with Ukraine!!!

Link to download -> !

P.S. We will try to solve the problem when the audio channel of the animation is tied to the music setting, not the sounds. This is more of a Ren`py problem, but we haven't given up yet!!! If you are against spoilers, you can not run the Tester.

AAT.png

Reactions: Karnewarrior

ND Ferret Studio

Game Developer
Apr 12, 2020
Audio? Cool! Glad to see you guys are still alive and kicking.

Is the audio going to be AI stand-ins for the anime VAs, or is it going to be clipped from elsewhere, or are you hiring someone to moan into a microphone?
Thank you! We are glad to see that you are still following us! We use materials from koikatsu. Hmmm, let's see, maybe we'll record moans of our own, ahahahaha... :BootyTime: Yeah, coool, maybe... :HideThePain:

Last edited:

Karnewarrior

Oct 28, 2017
lol
I mean, some guy on a site I probably oughtn't name did that. Recorded his own moans, then passed it through an AI to make it sound like a girl's. Apparently the AI does better with a pattern to follow.

Sounded pretty good, honestly. A proper Voice Actress would be top tier, but I wouldn't be upset. The Koikatsu voices are alright, but IIRC none of them really sound like the girls from the anime, which would be nice to reflect.

I'm just glad you're okay though. It's always scary when a good dev winds up in a warzone.

ND Ferret Studio

Game Developer
Apr 12, 2020
lol
I mean, some guy on a site I probably oughtn't name did that. Recorded his own moans, then passed it through an AI to make it sound like a girl's. Apparently the AI does better with a pattern to follow.

Sounded pretty good, honestly. A proper Voice Actress would be top tier, but I wouldn't be upset. The Koikatsu voices are alright, but IIRC none of them really sound like the girls from the anime, which would be nice to reflect.

I'm just glad you're okay though. It's always scary when a good dev winds up in a warzone.
Actually, AI is a very good idea, I'm not surprised that someone has already done it. Yes, and you're right about Koikatsu, but for now, for this project, we decided to keep it as the most affordable option for us. At least it's much better than no sound, which is progress for us! Thanks for your trust in us. We are relatively safe, so you don't have to worry so much. Everything has been tried to stop the development... The only thing left is nuclear war, ahahahaha... :BootyTime: God, please don't, it's not going to be a funny joke... :HideThePain:

Karnewarrior

Oct 28, 2017
Do what ya gotta do. Tell ya what though, Ukraine's building a reputation for being badasses abroad. I wish we could do more, but over here in the US we got a lot of people eating up whatever Putin's flunkies tell them, so it's hard to get things through government. Plus, Israel/Palastine distracted a lot of people.

Once I have a more regular income, I might toss some change your way via patreon. I'm still broke for now though.

3.20 star(s) 11 Votes