VN Ren'Py The Builder [S2 Ep. 8.1] [LewdRobotics]

3.60 star(s) 29 Votes

reznar

Mar 14, 2018
Thank you for your input. This is the episode setting up the main action of the game. Once we arrive in the village, the game will play like more of the standard harem game, following all the rules you've set up.
Not to beat a dead horse too much, but with Gyn showing up in the prologue, it appears that you're trying to show her as a potential LI in the future. I'm also expecting that you want to show something with Carla in the future.

Honestly, I think the easiest way to rewrite this opening to make it slightly less divisive with the crowd it looks like you're courting:

1) story opens the same way, except every time he closes his eyes we get a flash of Carla and him in bed. (assuming we want the idea of Carla's kid is the MCs from the survey) If you don't want new renders, we can work around this. Instead of the MC saying "It's just that it's been awhile" with no further thoughts, insert a follow on thought before the nurse says "why" in the line of 'if you can call 3 months a while' or the like. Establish a timeline where it's a possible that Carla's kid is yours. (again, if you want this route) I also don't understand this "vow of chastity" thing, like wtf?

2) When you first meet Paul and Carla come in part way through an argument. Carla wants Paul to get this job, so he can concentrate on her and "their" kid, while he doesn't want it, but is trying to do better. Carla realizes Paul is a serial cheater, but sees him as her only option and is trying to make this relationship work.(out of guilt for her cheating?) You don't have to do too many new renders, this can be done purely though dialogue. Paul is happy to see you, Carla is more reticent. (Paul: "Hey man, great to see you! What do you think of this job? Seems kinda hush-hush for something"; Carla: "Hi." Paul: "I was just telling Carla, I'm not sure about how this job will work for us, they want us to be whisked away to nowhere for a year!?" Carla: "Paul, if you would just take the job, we'd be able to spend good time together. The...three... of us.") Make Paul somebody the player can hate without making him outright rude to the MC. Hell, make Paul like the MC, but simulataneously make him rude to anybody the player can care about, this will be a better way to make him a future antagonist without trying to explain why the MC hasn't kicked him out yet.

3) When Paul leaves Carla and the MC alone, don't make Carla try and care about the MC. She's distant, trying to work on her (fracturing?) relationship with Paul. Maybe just "it's good to see you're doing well" and then she walks away. The whole argument between the two is unnecessary and will prejudice your audience against Carla early on.

4) During the presentation, instead of MC concentration on how Paul knocked up Carla, have the MC wondering if he's the father (if he and Carla slept together 3 months ago) OR make him wonder about how Paul seems to be here just because Carla wants him to be. Humanize Paul, make it so that the MC doesn't see Paul as The Chad Who Took "His" Girl, but as his friend who got lucky. We want Paul to stick around.

5) Make the MC think about the project. "Oh boy, with that kind of demands, this is going to need a team of people to finish", "Hmm, they want it done by the hundredth anniversary, how much time is that?", "Miss F, she's not married?", "Discrete build? What does that even mean?", "What, alone!? I can't do this kind of thing by myself! This is madness!" (at this point, show Paul looking at the girl behind him. "Sigh, Paul's straying eye is going to get them in trouble at some point... but can I really judge?")

6) Some questions would be worth having, but have Kim shut down every line of inquiry with "you'll find out once you accept the project", and then continue on as if nobody as questions. Make her brusque, potentially unreasonable, you want her to be a stern authority figure. Maybe also have Kim accentuate the "he" in every statement, so it's clear that she and the Fjord group are looking for a Male builder. Maybe have a few shots of some female builders getting angry at this realization.

7) Cut out the argument with Carla, maybe a hissed conversation. "It was a mistake $MC, I'm with Paul, things will work out. They have to." Maybe include a line that shows that she knows he's a philanderer, "Paul's been really supportive lately, hasn't been out late with... the guys once since he found out about the little one."

8) The Bathroom scene needs to be reworked, I don't think you can save this sequence with new dialogue alone. Either replace Gyn with random background girl #3 if you want to have Gyn be an LI later on, OR do something like this:

(MC washing his hands, looking away from the door Paul and Gyn enter, they're all over each other, kissing heavily)
MC: (still washing hands) "C'mon, can you guys see this is a toilet?"
(Paul and Gyn stop, shocked)
MC: "Seriously make sure it's empty before you do this, it's just decent" (Goes to dry hands, sees Paul)
MC: "Oh."
Paul: "Oh, indeed."
Gyn: (Looking between Paul and MC) "You know each other?"
MC and Paul: "yea.." (awkwardly look around)
Gyn: (Looks up at ceiling) "And I'm guessing no kinky threesome for me... I'm out." (Gyn walks out)
Paul: "Look, $MC, this was a bet, a stupid bet... Carla wanted me to..." (Looks away, embarassed)
MC: (similarly looks away) "I don't need to know, man. Seriously, I don't. You said Carla knew?"
Paul: "Yes!"
MC: "Okay... just... treat her right, ya know? You got a kid on the way, big deal"
Paul: "Yea... anyway... be seeing you...buddy...." (Walks to a stall)
MC: "Yea... be seeing you... buddy...." (Walks out of bathroom)

Boom, we've set the scene for Paul to be a cheater without an explicit scene, we've allowed an early introduction to Gyn in what I think is a fairly safe way, other's may disagree, but whatever. And, we've allowed the Player to wonder if Carla actually wanted this or not. Plus, this lets us keep the scene with the MC trying to talk to Carla on her own later.

9) When they announce that the job selection is postponed, it's Carla who gets upset, not Paul. She demands they go talk to somebody while Paul is saying that they should leave. As they leave, Paul can say: "Good to see you again, don't be such a stranger! Don't let it be another 3 months again, hey?" Carla just curtly nods as they leave, no real interaction with MC.

10) The scene where MC meets the team can stay mostly the same, but since we're cutting out the Vow of Chastity, we can cut that out.

11) As Kim, Thea and MC look through the plans, maybe have MC ask about the site. "Do you already have a foundation laid?" "What kind of on-site tooling is available?" Just show that MC is more engaged and active than a "we talked about the plans" line. Maybe have Kim comment when her daughter slams the door. "Children, what can you do? She turned 18 a month ago and has been moody since. I wish her Dad was able to talk some sense into her." also maybe give Thea more of a personality than "likes sneakers"

12) As MC is leaving, make it clear its an involuntary turn of the head as he looks at Kim's daughter. "Damn, she's cute... shouldn't be looking... why am I looking?!" Kim's daughter smiles at him.

13) Cut out the weird fantasy here, include the bit where Thea is obviously trying to get more out of him, but instead of the MC being denser than a brick, have him shoot her down. "Thea, at this point you're basically my boss. This isn't a good idea."

I think with most of these changes, all but 8 being really just dialogue changes, you'll improve the story and set it up for more people to enjoy as a Harem tale once Chapter 2 drops.

Muheichyuu

Nov 20, 2018
Haven't played it yet, but going to keep my eye on this one. If it truly ends up as a "yes, every girl gets pregnant" game, and we don't have to wait till Episode 57 in 12 years to get significant pregnancy content, then that's right up my alley. Dev, remember that you're never going to make everyone else happy, don't get discouraged, just try to make something you're happy with and hopefully others will be too!

paust.alex

Apr 15, 2018
Because she's not a LI. You will never see her after the prologue,
First, she's a love interest - the MC says several times that he still loves her and can't get over her, which is weird and disgusting, because to me, the very fact that you are not the girl's only possible option for a relationship is NTR. And saying that she's an irrelevant character who won't appear in the game anymore when she's one of the main characters on the game's poster is pretty weird.
Безымянный.png

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
First, she's a love interest - the MC says several times that he still loves her and can't get over her, which is weird and disgusting, because to me, the very fact that you are not the girl's only possible option for a relationship is NTR. And saying that she's an irrelevant character who won't appear in the game anymore when she's one of the main characters on the game's poster is pretty weird.
You know, this is how relationships, dating and courtship in Real Life work (unless you live in a society where women aren't allowed to choose anything): you aren't the only possible option for anyone.

Anyway, this is my final word on this.

MrDL

Nov 11, 2017
Good to see so many agree on what the MC's name should be.

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
Wow, gentlemen, I just worked half a year on this game, released it last night, went to sleep and wake up to this.

I'm impressed (and slightly overwhelmed) by the amount of feedback - and dare say vile in it.

I am releasing an adjusted version today, in order to allow people to skip the so called NTR-stuff (which is not, btw).

And I'm impressed with the idea that I'm exploiting people on Patreon under false pretexts. I might have earned USD 10 on this release. Do the math, gentlemen.

To those of you that see the potential in this game: thank you very much! I will not dissapoint you.
So, some honest advice as a developer myself: make the game you want to play, ensure it's tagged correctly anywhere you can do so. If it goes off-track from the original descriptions and spec, update the marketing materials to match the new project and inform fans of the change as soon as it's relevant.

But again, the key part is making the game you want to play. Trying to interact too much with the thread here (or similar posts elsewhere) will likely just prove an emotional drain that will kill any drive you had, and essentially kill the project too. A big chunk of the current negative feedback is marketing/product mismatch exacerbating the forum's already pessimistic attitude. And once the arguments kick off, they'll keep going endlessly. Just about anything you say or do is just going to make the arguments worse, so it's better to skip them.

Vrijgeest

Engaged Member
Jun 16, 2019
Why can I not adjust the settings? I object most strongly to that. Just a load or start? We are not kids. Do I have to change your code? There are more than you that are devs. Changing it is child's play so why do you do it? It really makes me laugh.
Well good bye as I dont like being treated as a stupid child.(n)

sdna1

Oct 1, 2021
Wow, gentlemen, I just worked half a year on this game, released it last night, went to sleep and wake up to this.

I'm impressed (and slightly overwhelmed) by the amount of feedback - and dare say vile in it.

I am releasing an adjusted version today, in order to allow people to skip the so called NTR-stuff (which is not, btw).

And I'm impressed with the idea that I'm exploiting people on Patreon under false pretexts. I might have earned USD 10 on this release. Do the math, gentlemen.

To those of you that see the potential in this game: thank you very much! I will not dissapoint you.
... ok... if this was half of year of developement, than i can tell u that u are doomed if u r doing it for money (one update after 6 month???)...and if i readed coments right..than I (NTR hater) will even not download this to infect my SSD, if it is avoidable i will try, but definitely not pay for it..

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
Certainly an interesting start.
However:
1: Don't disable sound controls. Period. That is moronic.
2: Don't disable the standard quick menu. Seriously foolish.
3: Don't offer a choice that isn't a choice.
4: I don't know who actually put in the tags, but when I see vaginal sex I expect it to be with the MC, not his rival.

I see a lot of potential in this game. The renders are fine. Writing is good. It's technically sound.

Plot is very weak. No builder ever signs up for a job without seeing the plans for what he/she is supposed to build, let alone a contract with penalty clauses. I'm not sure why you think you need that veil between the story and your readers/players but it's immensely unbelievable.

Despite all that, your VN has captured my interest and attention. I'm looking forward to your next update.

hagare

Mar 27, 2019
I like the premise.
And a set up for a possible NTR two way is interesting. Lemme guess, the project will need back up, and the typical horndog MC character gets picked. And he'll bring the lovely C word with him.
The MC being not a horndog has possibilities. Though with the way I play, that vow ain't got a snowball's chance in hell xD

colween

Oct 5, 2020
I'm not vegan but as a harem fan, I feel like being in a vegan restaurant and about to pay the bill the waiter saying to me:

"Did you like your veggie burger? Don't worry, only the first two bites are beef and pork, but the rest of the burger was 100% vegan!" :sick:
"See you soon!"
(yeah... Count on that... :cautious:)

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
> Walk into town and BREED every woman in town.
hot. my kind of game.

> It has a clear and engaging storyline and a rich cast of characters
does it really? genuine question here.

paust.alex

Apr 15, 2018
Honestly, my only problem with this game is the MC. Seriously, if instead of some typical beta-cuck simp in a vacuum who looks like he came out of the Paris Chamber of Weights and Measures, the MC would have behaved like a real alpha virgin, a btard from 4ch, the game would have looked a lot more positive. Like when he first saw the whore who dumped him, fucked some scumbag and got knocked up by him, instead of thinking, "Oh, I'm so nervous, my legs are shaking, I'm scared, I'm gonna piss my pants, I wish they wouldn't notice me." He'd think, "What a slut, but I'd fuck her and then piss on her." Well, she's living with an asshole who cheats on her and hopes she can change him, she well deserves to be pissed. Hopefully there will be some decent virgin girls in the village, with an IQ higher than the mentally challenged. Because so far we have only one that thinks she can fix a serial cheater, I think in addition she thinks that if he hits her, he loves her. The other, because of a lost bet, got fucked and creampied in the toilet. What a biological waste.

The author wrote that during the story MC will evole from a sipm and a beta cuck to a normal and reasonable human. You could also make the hero a cynical troll, a liar and a virgin who thinks that all women are whores (well, so far they confirm this hypothesis), during the game his heart will soften and he will meet those girls who are not yet whores, he will realize that there are also normal women.

Last edited:
3.60 star(s) 29 Votes