VN Ren'Py The Cabin - Summer Vacation - Development Thread

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

CellStudios

and team member
Game Developer
Aug 3, 2019
Honestly, you just need to post bitesize versions of what you've been putting here. Try following a few other devs for ideas on tags. My point is you're already posting so you may as well hit more places. It comes from non-sexual game dev but I often see indie developers advising building a following this way before launch, I just thought that if you have the content already and you're not launching your first version for a little while yet that doing it that way might be good for you too.
Just be aware of what you're allowed to show if you venture into places like Insta or FB, Twitter seems more accepting of nudity.
Appreciate the tips, was actually just about to post a dev post to patreon based off of your last post :p

CellStudios

and team member
Game Developer
Aug 3, 2019
About The Game - Uncensored Synopsis
( this is just a little information about the game, I left a good chunk of it out as to not ruin anything before the release. the reason I'm posting the uncensored version here is due to patreons tos regarding certain things :p )

Your life was normal, up until a few months ago nothing really interesting ever happened to you. That is until your Mom started drinking. You didn't know why she started drinking, just that it pissed you off. With this new found love for alcohol came a new found love for arguing, it's like she'd feed off it. Her main target was your Sister, a few years younger than you and naive, it seems anything she did would annoy your Mom to no end. Being older than her gave you a sense of responsibility, like it was your job to look after her, which you didn't mind, you love your Sister and would do anything to protect her. Whenever your Mom pulled out a bottle of booze you knew an argument wasn't far behind it, she'd get angry at the most pointless things, socks left on the floor, toilet roll tubes left in the bathroom and your personal favourite, no coaster for your cup.

Eventually, your Dad decided enough was enough and kicker her out of the house, and her being her decided she'd drag you and your Sister with her. It was the first week of summer vacation and all you wanted to do was travel, but the only traveling you'd be doing is to your Aunt's cabin in the middle of nowhere. The last time you was at the cabin it was a wreck, granted that was 8 years ago but your expectations didn't change, your Aunt was always a bit of a slob, the messy type that didn't give a fuck what others thought. That's why it was a shock to you, arriving at a modern looking cabin with all the fixures and fittings you'd expect a city appartment to have. It seems your Aunt got her act together.

When you arrive at the cabin you're a little moody, upset you won't be able to travel but your Aunt tell's you of all the great things you can do over the summer at the cabin, not only are you secluded in the middle of the woods, there is a lake near by, a small town and an abandoned nuclear bunker not to far away. You're still a little angry about staying in the cabin but the thought of a Lake and nuclear bunker being near by really helps you get over it.

Your time at the cabin starts like you'd expect it to, pretty uneventful and after a few days you're bored out of your skull. That is until things start happening around the cabin you can't quite explain, things going missing and strange noises at night is enough to make anyone freak out.

Without wanting to give to much away, the game is about murder, betrayal and twists even a cork screw wouldn't see coming!

Stay tuned for...The Cabin - Summer Vacation!

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Mikedazz1

CellStudios

and team member
Game Developer
Aug 3, 2019
Development Update - 31-01-2020

We're almost into the 2nd month of 2020 already, time sure is flying by. As for progression on the game, that's flying by to, I'd say I'm either at or just past 50% complete, or at least 50% of the render setup is complete.

I've currently got 287 complete and only have around 50 left to do with the ones that was already done that needed the new characters adding in. Once those are done I'll need to create the new ones which I'd expect to be about another 250-350 renders. I hope to have all render setups done and finished by the end of Feb. Actually getting them rendered though is a different story, I'm torn between finding a decent price cloud renderer or buying a 2nd 1050ti GPU, that being said, the 1050ti isn't exactly good but having 2 might make it at least a little do-able.

prof.png
Above is also a little character sheet to show who will be named what. You'll be able to pick a name for the mc but I'm thinking the default will be Ryan, Hazel is of course the Mom, Emma is Sister, Anna is Aunt & Kevin is the Dad. You'll be able to set all their names to what you want but these are the defaults.

xXwankerXx

Jul 21, 2017
Appreciate the tips
Your commitment is highly appreciated too ... that's a very big plus for a dev IMO. The game looks damn promising and ladies are yummy so that's another plus. Hope it's not something as dark as Friday the 13th were Jason claps all the people and the MC does nothing to protect his family or worse the psycho kills them by fucking the shit outta them babes:eek:. Also, if the drunk mom keeps on bitching we can always calm her with a nice relaxing hate-fuck.:sneaky:

The game seems really interesting and the premise is kinda unique so looking forward to it !! (y)

CellStudios

and team member
Game Developer
Aug 3, 2019
Your commitment is highly appreciated too ... that's a very big plus for a dev IMO. The game looks damn promising and ladies are yummy so that's another plus. Hope it's not something as dark as Friday the 13th were Jason claps all the people and the MC does nothing to protect his family or worse the psycho kills them by fucking the shit outta them babes:eek:. Also, if the drunk mom keeps on bitching we can always calm her with a nice relaxing hate-fuck.:sneaky:

The game seems really interesting and the premise is kinda unique so looking forward to it !! (y)
I was planning on going down the friday the 13th route but I think I'll change it up a little, it will have murder but it'll be a little different to what I planned and probably will be different to what everyone would expect it to be.

Honey Tales

Donor
Game Developer
Dec 6, 2018
Fun fact: Your character is the same one we are using in Pleasure Thieves. ;D

CellStudios

and team member
Game Developer
Aug 3, 2019
Fun fact: Your character is the same one we are using in Pleasure Thieves. ;D
Just looked and you're right, there identicle down to the clothes xD that being said though, Daz doesn't seem to offer much is ways of decent looking guys, they all either look weird or have shit skin.

ꜱᴛᴀɢᴡᴏᴏᴅ

Bush Rustler
Donor
Aug 23, 2018
It might be too much to ask, but I like the idea of a Friday the 13th type thing going on with the potential for a lot of bloodshed but with it being based on player choice. Using branching like Until Dawn where the player's actions might allow for the death of a character.
But yeah, I say it might be too much to ask because then you have all of these branches were character might be dead or not and it could get really complex for a solo dev to manage. Especially if you want it to seem fairly realistic in that the mental state of characters would probably have to reflect loss even in scenes that wouldn't have involved lost characters anyway.
It would take some really strong initial planning, and probably require all of the story details be ironed out before development.

Still excited to see what direction this ends up going in, even if it isn't the direction I just outlined. Thematically, it's just something I'm not used to seeing a lot of.

CellStudios

and team member
Game Developer
Aug 3, 2019
It might be too much to ask, but I like the idea of a Friday the 13th type thing going on with the potential for a lot of bloodshed but with it being based on player choice. Using branching like Until Dawn where the player's actions might allow for the death of a character.
But yeah, I say it might be too much to ask because then you have all of these branches were character might be dead or not and it could get really complex for a solo dev to manage. Especially if you want it to seem fairly realistic in that the mental state of characters would probably have to reflect loss even in scenes that wouldn't have involved lost characters anyway.
It would take some really strong initial planning, and probably require all of the story details be ironed out before development.

Still excited to see what direction this ends up going in, even if it isn't the direction I just outlined. Thematically, it's just something I'm not used to seeing a lot of.
Like you said, it would be really complex to do it that way, there would need to be one branch where mom died, another if mom survives and aunt dies, one where mom survives and aunt dies but sister dies and it'll all just add up to no actual progression to the story.

I still have a lot of things to iron out, I want it to be a horror but I'm not sure how horror I want to go, I want to give feeling that any character could be killed off at any time, but would people really like it if in the 3rd episode mom get's killed off? if I was playing the game it would kind of piss me off, so I need to do it in a way where any character can die but people don't feel to angry about it.

Honey Tales

Donor
Game Developer
Dec 6, 2018
Just looked and you're right, there identicle down to the clothes xD that being said though, Daz doesn't seem to offer much is ways of decent looking guys, they all either look weird or have shit skin.
Yeap, it's a shame but that how it is. I also saw the same model in other games but I found it funny that we even though about the same clothes XD.

CellStudios

and team member
Game Developer
Aug 3, 2019
Development Update - 02-02-2020

Lot of 2's in todays date...

Anyway, had a little bit of a lazy weekend if I'm being honest, spent Satuday playing games and had a Christening today and then spent the rest of the day just chilling so nothing much has changed since the last update.

I've decided to split development updates between here and patreon, just to try and get some pre-release buzz on the patreon page. You can also find exclusive CG releases over there & Alpha Backers ( limited to 10 ) can get nude versions of the CG's.

Will be posting another development update in a few days on the patreon page.

rand17.png
Here's another little preview for you, lighting looks okay but I think the whites look a little over exposed so might need to dial the lighting down a tad.

CellStudios

and team member
Game Developer
Aug 3, 2019
Development Update - 22:42

I know it hasn't been long since the last update but I wanted to share something real quick.

I've been working on the pregnancy tag of the game and decided that a shop keep/store worker will be pregnant.

Angelina.png

Her name is Angelina, she's not 100% complete just yet but just wanted to share that I'm working on her :)

Reactions: erikus

ꜱᴛᴀɢᴡᴏᴏᴅ

Bush Rustler
Donor
Aug 23, 2018
I hope she's not already pregnant, but the MC can make her...
I'm going to guess that it's more likely that she will already be pregnant since the story seems like it will be chapters that probably take place over a shorter period of time (days or weeks) than a pregnancy would require to show that heavily.
So it would be more about her being pregnant than the actual impregnation aspect.
Unless you impregnated her in some kind of flashback sequence :unsure:

CellStudios

and team member
Game Developer
Aug 3, 2019
I hope she's not already pregnant, but the MC can make her...
I'm going to guess that it's more likely that she will already be pregnant since the story seems like it will be chapters that probably take place over a shorter period of time (days or weeks) than a pregnancy would require to show that heavily.
So it would be more about her being pregnant than the actual impregnation aspect.
Unless you impregnated her in some kind of flashback sequence :unsure:
You're correct from the first part, she's already pregnant and as the game progression wouldn't allow for mc to get her pregnant.

That being said I do like the idea of a flashback where mc has gotten someone pregnant. Myabe I'll just have a normal non-pregnant women for the shop keeper and give mc a bit of a flackback scene where a few years back he got someone pregnant or something. Actually really like that idea...

But even if I don't, I do plan on at least 1 of the main 3 characters getting pregnant as it'll open the game up for a sequal, set like 18 years after this game where maybe mc, your sister ( the kids mom?... ) and the kid ( now 18 ) return back to the cabin...could be interesting, lol.

Reactions: Sanjr

Reckertime32

Sep 5, 2017
I would be disappointed if Angelina was not pregnant at time of the game or only in flashback. The mc knocking her up in flashback is fine by me though.

CellStudios

and team member
Game Developer
Aug 3, 2019
I would be disappointed if Angelina was not pregnant at time of the game or only in flashback. The mc knocking her up in flashback is fine by me though.
I'll probably go with the flashback instead, I'm not really into pregnancy myself, but knowing that people want mc to be the one who get's the person pregnant is a big help.

Johnny6

Feb 18, 2018
I'll probably go with the flashback instead, I'm not really into pregnancy myself, but knowing that people want mc to be the one who get's the person pregnant is a big help.
If pregnancy contet isn't your thing don't put it in your game, you probably just end up wasting time, it's hard to make good contet for something that isn't your liking, or maybe you can make it good if you get enough opinions from different players how to add it in game.
I like it when MC make a woman pregnant and later on some preggo sex scenes, if woman is pregnant for someone else I don't want to touch that. So already pregnant is a no go and that flashback doesn't sound too appealing. Instead of flashback how about little epilogue.
Have you tried games like Sisterly Lust, Peasant Quest or Pine Falls? Those games has nice pregnancy contet and Pine falls has it like epilogue.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote