VN Ren'Py The Cabin - Summer Vacation - Development Thread

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

CellStudios

and team member
Game Developer
Aug 3, 2019
If pregnancy contet isn't your thing don't put it in your game, you probably just end up wasting time, it's hard to make good contet for something that isn't your liking, or maybe you can make it good if you get enough opinions from different players how to add it in game.
I like it when MC make a woman pregnant and later on some preggo sex scenes, if woman is pregnant for someone else I don't want to touch that. So already pregnant is a no go and that flashback doesn't sound too appealing. Instead of flashback how about little epilogue.
Have you tried games like Sisterly Lust, Peasant Quest or Pine Falls? Those games has nice pregnancy contet and Pine falls has it like epilogue.
I haven't tried those games but I've always wanted to try that Pine Falls, the character with the sun hat looks kinda nice but don't know her relationship to the mc and from the previews she doesn't seem to be in it to much and that's always kinda put me off, lol.

Also I guess you're right in a way, if I don't like/know anything about pregnancy I probably shouldn't add it in, but I really want a little of everything. That being said, I don't dislike pregnancy, I just don't like how dark nipples go when someone is pregnant :p

But I guess this is what the development thread is for, knowing that her already being pregnant by another guy is a turn off really helps, also knowing the flash back root for it is a no go for people also helps.

I guess I'll just go back to my original plan for the pregnancy which is a mid to end of game fetish which leads to a game sequal being set 18 years in the future where MC get's sister pregnant and maybe she has twins ( 1 male 1 female ) and the next game could be set where the male twin is the MC & mom would be the sister from this game & mom from this game could be the grandma in the 2nd game, if that makes sense :p

Appreciate your input though, really helps me out, I'd have hated to have a pre-preg person in the game and release it without know I'm alienating people :p

Last edited:
Reactions: Onysko

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
...I guess I'll just go back to my original plan for the pregnancy which is a mid to end of game fetish which leads to a game sequal being set 18 years in the future where MC get's sister pregnant and maybe she has twins ( 1 male 1 female ) and the next game could be set where the male twin is the MC & mom would be the sister from this game & mom from this game could be the grandma in the 2nd game, if that makes sense :p...
Dude, Im following development of your game idea here, looks nice so far(y)
But please - dont let mc discovering, near the game end, that actually he is his own mother, and his twin sister is his real father (or vice versa:unsure:):ROFLMAO:

Johnny6

Feb 18, 2018
I've always wanted to try that Pine Falls, the character with the sun hat looks kinda nice but don't know her relationship to the mc and from the previews she doesn't seem to be in it to much and that's always kinda put me off, lol.
Yeah I like her too, she is side character but there two nice sex scenes with her, so go and play that;)

Reactions: Draverik

CellStudios

and team member
Game Developer
Aug 3, 2019
Dude, Im following development of your game idea here, looks nice so far(y)
But please - dont let mc discovering, near the game end, that actually he is his own mother, and his twin sister is his real father (or vice versa:unsure:):ROFLMAO:
Glad you like it so far & I'll try my best xD

Yeah I like her too, she is side character but there two nice sex scenes with her, so go and play that;)
I'm tempted I'll admit, but I'm playing Where The Heart Is at the moment and I must admit, one of the best games I've played :p

Last edited:
Reactions: Abhai

CellStudios

and team member
Game Developer
Aug 3, 2019
Development Update - 12-02-2020

rand19.png

It's been a rough week, didn't really get to much done, been full of a cold and just unable to move, it sucks but sadly that's just part of being human I guess, never see cats in bed with flu, lucky bastards.

I did manage to get some work done though, I'm getting close to 400 finished renders, just got another 10 or so to do.

It's looking like version 1 will have around 600-700 renders when complete. I wouldn't expect episode 2 to have as many though, the only reason episode 1 has more than others is because I've taken a few months to get it done so the game get's off to a good start, if I want to stick to a monthly release schedule I'd need to do 200-300 per monthly release.

CellStudios

and team member
Game Developer
Aug 3, 2019
Development Update - 17-02-2020

I've officialy done over 500 renders as of last night, the current total is 509 and there's still around 100-200 left to do.

Still looks like I won't be able to start rendering until April though, so expect a May/June release and then I'll try for monthly releases after that. I do have plans for getting a new GPU soon so if that pans out I'll be able to start rendering a lot sooner.

Below is a menu design I've been toying around with, not 100% sure on the background image just yet though, might still need some work.

main_menu.png

CellStudios

and team member
Game Developer
Aug 3, 2019
Development Update - 20-02-2020

Wanted to pop on and share a few things, some excited news but first, I wanted to say how I'm this close [---] to having all the renders set up, I'm currently working on the 2nd to last scene which still needs about 50 renders doing & then the last scene will take about another 40-50 renders and then that's all the renders done, just need to render them all out which I still can't do until I get either a better GPU or access to cloud rendering.

But now onto the exciting news, I've been hired by a very popular game as a Junior Developer, at least, that's what I'm calling myself :p Anyway, it is a paid position so any money I make from that will be going towards my rig, upgrading it so I can actually start to render things & then once I have access to cloud rendering I'll be able to render everything out at once :)

prev_2.png

CellStudios

and team member
Game Developer
Aug 3, 2019
Development Update - 23-02-2020

I'm very close to finishing off the last scene of episode 1, I probably have another 15-20 renders to do and that'll be it. Once those are done I may need to go back are redo a few images, like I know a few have the wrong size and some others need the lighting tested which I can't do until I get a new GPU or a cloud mmachine as the scenes have multiple characters and my computer just can't handle that right now.

I'm also hesitant to call it a 'game', it really is just a visual novel, just a story and from what I've seen around, people really don't like that so I may need to go back through the script and make a few changes to add in a few options, nothing major or drastically game changing, but just enough to keep people interested.

I hope to have either a new GPU or a cloud machine sometime in March, if not I'm afraid it won't be till April, which sucks because I really want to get this out as soon as possible. That being said, the delay in release basically means I can start working on episode 2 before episode 1 is even out, which should put me ahead.

I also don't have any images to share :( I normally add a little preview image or something but I haven't done any test renders in a while.

CellStudios

and team member
Game Developer
Aug 3, 2019
Development Update - 26-02-2020

Yesterday I posted to my patreon about how I've finally finished setting up the renders for the game, for those who missed it, the render count for the game is 637 renders and 8 animations.

Since I still can't render until around April, I'll be using this time to start work on episode 2, starting with the script. I've currently got around 3 scene wrote out ( about 150 renders ) and want to do a minimum of 500 renders for each episode.

Not to spoil to much either, but episode 2 will have it's first murder...but who will fall beneath the weight of the axe?...

prev4.png
Here's a little preview to, I'm not 100% sure I'm keen on the character though, she looks a little off here, I might need to look into designing a new character for Mom. If I do though, I won't replace her in the game, I'll simply add her in when times comes to render, will be easier and won't waste any time. I might work up a few ideas for her and post a poll to patreon. Or...I might just keep her, I don't know, she looks odd but at the same time not to bad, I think it's her eyes that are putting me off, might try her without makeup.

Ptpredator

Jan 1, 2020
My two cents - she looks awesome. But since you're the creator and the final judge on that, it's your call.

CellStudios

and team member
Game Developer
Aug 3, 2019
My two cents - she looks awesome. But since you're the creator and the final judge on that, it's your call.
I think we'll keep her the same, would be pointless doing a new design at this point, would just be back tracking, might as well keep pushing forward :p

Reactions: Ptpredator

ꜱᴛᴀɢᴡᴏᴏᴅ

Bush Rustler
Donor
Aug 23, 2018
I think we'll keep her the same, would be pointless doing a new design at this point, would just be back tracking, might as well keep pushing forward :p
If her eyes are bothering you, there's nothing stopping you from doing a few test renders of tweaks to them I guess. Better to do it earlier than later or you risk upsetting anyone who might have grown attached to her. It should definitely be your decision though, any kind of public poll around deciding on a character's appearance often leads to a divided crowd and the losing side of things online aren't one for shutting up after a decision doesn't go their way.

Whatever you decide, try to make sure you're having fun with it. Avoid adding stress even if you think it might get some additional attention/interaction with your potential players or you risk losing passion and it might turn into just another job you slog through because there might be a few dollars on the other side.

CellStudios

and team member
Game Developer
Aug 3, 2019
If her eyes are bothering you, there's nothing stopping you from doing a few test renders of tweaks to them I guess. Better to do it earlier than later or you risk upsetting anyone who might have grown attached to her. It should definitely be your decision though, any kind of public poll around deciding on a character's appearance often leads to a divided crowd and the losing side of things online aren't one for shutting up after a decision doesn't go their way.

Whatever you decide, try to make sure you're having fun with it. Avoid adding stress even if you think it might get some additional attention/interaction with your potential players or you risk losing passion and it might turn into just another job you slog through because there might be a few dollars on the other side.
That's a fair point and I don't think her eyes are bothering me enough to go through the hassle of pissing people off, I've seen to many games lose people over trivial things, so I think it'll be best to leave it as is, I'm sure if people don't like the renders, the story will make up for it...I hope :p

Reactions: Ptpredator

TessSadist

Donor
Game Developer
Aug 4, 2019
Good luck on your project, it looks like you are taking a lot of time to release a high amount of content the first time out! I love the MC's haircut too, what is that asset? Maybe I will go look it up. :)

My favorite character you have designed is the new one, Harper.

CellStudios

and team member
Game Developer
Aug 3, 2019
Good luck on your project, it looks like you are taking a lot of time to release a high amount of content the first time out! I love the MC's haircut too, what is that asset? Maybe I will go look it up. :)

My favorite character you have designed is the new one, Harper.
Thanks, I'm really trying to take my time with it, don't want to rush in to anything :p

And his hair is called Fraser Hair ( I believe it's in this bundle ).

Reactions: TessSadist
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote