4.00 star(s) 38 Votes

frozenfeet

Aug 2, 2019
Ah, Grace = Mom, Lisa = Sister & Hazel = Aunt

I'm working on better describing it in-game.
Yeah I got a little confused about who Hazel is, I thought she was a sister at first and had to start over and re-name our relationship but it isn't that far into the game where I found out so it didn't take that long to get back there.

Something else that confused me was in the description talking about the one that started drinking and arguing and calling her a "childhood friend", made me think it was a sister at first and not the mom. It would probably help to clarify that if you called the mom "landlady" in the description instead since that gives the impression of being the mother where as "childhood friend" gives the impression of a sister. At least that is how they are named in a lot of the VNs on this site since they use words like "childhood friend" and also "roommate" for sister and "landlady" for mom and "landlord" for father.

CellStudios

and team member
Game Developer
Aug 3, 2019
Yeah I got a little confused about who Hazel is, I thought she was a sister at first and had to start over and re-name our relationship but it isn't that far into the game where I found out so it didn't take that long to get back there.

Something else that confused me was in the description talking about the one that started drinking and arguing and calling her a "childhood friend", made me think it was a sister at first and not the mom. It would probably help to clarify that if you called the mom "landlady" in the description instead since that gives the impression of being the mother where as "childhood friend" gives the impression of a sister. At least that is how they are named in a lot of the VNs on this site since they use words like "childhood friend" and also "roommate" for sister and "landlady" for mom and "landlord" for father.
Yeah I was trying to stay away from the landlady meme but I guess it makes sense to have it, lol, I'm gonna work on better describing relationships tonight and put out a patch.

Reactions: JohnJG

Nightless

Jan 13, 2018
Nice start, and will keep an eye out as long as the murder does not happen to the 3 girls we have met so far :) And yes even the drunk Lady, we need to know what happened to her before judging :)

PAxej

Jan 7, 2021
Yeah I was trying to stay away from the landlady meme but I guess it makes sense to have it, lol, I'm gonna work on better describing relationships tonight and put out a patch.
you could call her any bunch of things other than landlady and still get the point across (Guardian, for an example) but "childhood friend" sounds like sister for sure

Which is the pink haired one meant to be? (I've not had a chance to play yet just dl)

frozenfeet

Aug 2, 2019
Does Hazel have a scar on her chin?

And if she does was she the victim of domestic abuse from her ex? Or did the slasher in the woods attack her? Or maybe her ex IS the slasher in the woods, oh my :eek:!

CellStudios

and team member
Game Developer
Aug 3, 2019
Does Grace have a scar on her chin?

And if she does was she the victim of domestic abuse from her ex? Or did the slasher in the woods attack her? Or maybe her ex IS the slasher in the woods, oh my :eek:!
She does have a scar on her chin and we'll find out why in a future episode :p

Reactions: Jsd16

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Ah, what is this? A new game from our moonlighter CellStudios ? I see we must resort to more drastic methods to keep you in line. May have to call in the professional basement warden Avaron1974 to keep you in your place! :)

Grats on your first release Cell! I suppose i'll have to play it and patreon you. :p
People really will start believing I kidnap devs and keep them in a basement dungeon....

I mean ... I do but it would be nice if it wasn't public knowledge.

It seems there are certain people called "the police" that have issues with me having guests over that I don't allow to leave.

frozenfeet

Aug 2, 2019
She does have a scar on her chin and we'll find out why in a future episode :p
I actually meant to say Hazel but you commented on it before I was able to change it to Hazel but I think by your reply you know who I meant.

Looking forward to finding out how she got that scar as well :unsure:. Of course now you know every time Hazel says something I am going to be scrutinizing her every word to see if I can get a clue from her and then speculating on here about her giving away her secret :LOL:.

CellStudios

and team member
Game Developer
Aug 3, 2019
I actually meant to say Hazel but you commented on it before I was able to change it to Hazel but I think by your reply you know who I meant.

Looking forward to finding out how she got that scar as well :unsure:. Of course now you know every time Hazel says something I am going to be scrutinizing her every word to see if I can get a clue from her and then speculating on here about her giving away her secret :LOL:.
I did, but honestly I only knew who you meant because I originally had the Mom called Hazel and the Aunt called Sarah, but for some reason Grace came into my head and I thought Grace ( sounding like someone who is graceful ) might fit better for the Mom as she's the total opposit of graceful xD it was a bitch when coding, I originally had the wrong people talking at the start of the game :p
Loved it..Can't wait for updates (y) :love:
Cheers :D

Deckard81

Oct 23, 2017
Really good so far, looking forward to future releases. One very tiny criticism would be it's hard to know what else to label them when they're all called "friend" initially so maybe it'd be better to go with "landlady, landlord, landlady's sister" etc.

frozenfeet

Aug 2, 2019
I did, but honestly I only knew who you meant because I originally had the Mom called Hazel and the Aunt called Sarah, but for some reason Grace came into my head and I thought Grace ( sounding like someone who is graceful ) might fit better for the Mom as she's the total opposit of graceful xD it was a bitch when coding, I originally had the wrong people talking at the start of the game
Calling the mom Grace would have been some irony :D .

CellStudios

and team member
Game Developer
Aug 3, 2019
Really good so far, looking forward to future releases. One very tiny criticism would be it's hard to know what else to label them when they're all called "friend" initially so maybe it'd be better to go with "landlady, landlord, landlady's sister" etc.
Yeah that seems to be a recurring issue :p I'm gonna work on a patch tonight and add in some options to.

CellStudios

and team member
Game Developer
Aug 3, 2019
Calling the mom Grace would have been some irony :D .
These are all the original names I had in my little notepad:

MC = Rick
Mom = Hazel
Sister = Lisa
Dad = David
Aunt = Sarah
Coffee Girl = Alice
Clothing worker = Demi
Dog Walker = Kevin ( not dogboy from WTHI xD )

The funny thing is, from day 1 I wanted to call the Sister Lisa, but for some reason, from episode 1-4 when I was writing the actual scene ideas I kept calling her Lucy :unsure:

• Love
Reactions: ArturiousDesign

frozenfeet

Aug 2, 2019
Dog Walker = Kevin ( not dogboy from WTHI xD )
Are you sure about that one?? Maybe he is the dogboy slasher in the woods. Slasher, stalker type, definitely go together since they have to stalk us first to be able to slash us :D.

Do you think Lisa looks more like a Lucy :unsure:? I could see her being a Lucy but Lisa fits well too. Maybe thinking of Lisa as looking like Lucy Lawless :unsure:? (Is that reference before your time?)

• Haha
Reactions: CellStudios

CellStudios

and team member
Game Developer
Aug 3, 2019
Are you sure about that one?? Maybe he is the dogboy slasher in the woods. Slasher, stalker type, definitely go together since they have to stalk us first to be able to slash us :D.

Do you think Lisa looks more like a Lucy :unsure:? I could see her being a Lucy but Lisa fits well too. Maybe thinking of Lisa as looking like Lucy Lawless :unsure:? (Is that reference before your time?)
Lawless is a bit before my time, I watched her a little as a kid as Xena but that's about it :p

4.00 star(s) 38 Votes