justahornydude53

Sep 15, 2024
Its their own way of numbering, let em be. Those 0.1 0.2 types of version gets annoying anyway when theres no changelog and the number is like 0.1 to 0.15 like what is that bug fixes?
Especially when they start adding A's and B's to them as well. Version 0.014B or such crap LOL

Reactions: acewinz

acewinz

Developer of "The Call of Darkness"
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2018
Awesome start so far. Was excited to check this out when I saw who the dev was. Interested to see how doing your own game now is going to go after your work on WTHI. Loved that one as well, so expected great things from this one too.

Been noticing a lot of VAM games coming out recently, and so far, I've enjoyed most of them. This one is pretty good as well. The little flavor choices are nice to give things a personal feel and liking the characters we've met so far. The "transparency" was weird at first, but then it grew on me. Was definitely unique lol.

But yeah, overall, nice job. Very intrigued to see how this goes. Best of luck with your game and thanks! ;)
Thanks for the praise! The
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
was just something I thought might spice up the scene and allow some shots that you don't normally see like that. Future scenes will likely be more traditional so to speak.

phdusa1

Aug 18, 2018
Unofficial compressed Android port for The Call of Darkness [v1.0] [Ace Games]

Download android port
(323 MB)

For other host links & requesting ports please join my discord:

Like my ports? you can tip and support me here:

*This unofficial port/mod is not released by developer, download at your own risk.

GustavoGanz

May 23, 2023
First release with Version 1.0.... someone don't understand Versioning Systems :p
I will check back when it has a few more Updates under its Belt...
I think you are the one who doesn't understand the version numbering.
The dev is correct with his schema. You should do your research before making a comment.
__________________________________________________________________________________

A semantic version number is made up of the following parts:

Major release number
(major release) usually indicates extremely significant changes to the programme - for example, if the programme has been completely rewritten (e.g. GIMP 2.x after version 1.x) or if interface compatibility cannot be maintained for libraries.
Minor release number
(minor release) usually refers to the functional extension of the programme.
Revision number
(patch level or micro release) usually contains bug fixes.
Build number
(The build number usually indicates the progress of the development work in individual steps, i.e. it is increased by one with each compilation of the code, starting at 0001, for example. Version 5.0.0-3242 would therefore stand for the 3242nd compilation product of a software. If version control systems are used, a number is often used instead of the build number that uniquely identifies the sources for the compilation within the version control system. This makes it easier to find the corresponding sources in the event of an error.

Example for the 2nd version of a programme, in the 3rd minor version and in the 5th error correction, build 0041:

2.3.5-0041
│ │ │ └────── Build number
│ │ └───────── Revision number
│ └─────────── Minor version number
└───────────── Main version number

SpyderArachnid

Jul 31, 2017
Thanks for the praise! The
was just something I thought might spice up the scene and allow some shots that you don't normally see like that. Future scenes will likely be more traditional so to speak.
I liked it. It was a bit weird at first, but it grew on me. Thought it was rather neat.

Reactions: MrBenny and acewinz

MrBenny

Jul 20, 2021
Adjustment Mod (DARK MODE)

Hi...I compiled together a few useful mod's and did a few minor visual changes that compliment the look of this title. (Improved visibility)

• Changed the default textbox, to a custom dark bottom shaded version...which aid's with viewing the dialog text without blocking any of the background content.
  • Changed the white frame.png image, as well as the notify bar.png, NVL bar.png, skip bar.png, and the choice idle back ground.png from white to black. (These dark changes aids with a much clearer font, making it easier to read on screen.)
  • Changed the original game_menu.png image with a custom black brick version, (which visually improves the preferences settings, as well fits the dark mode visual changes).
  • Edited the GUI.rpy file, …changed a number of the the text colors to fit the dark mode changes...(which visually improves the display of the dialog, and other text with this title).
  • Included the 0x52_URM tool, which allows a user to view as well edit Ren'Py titles. (Used to verify and see more data behind some of the story choices, as well it can display requirement checks as they happen through out the story. Using edit mode by pressing alt m keys together.)
  • Also included a Universal Quick Menu mod, which hide's or display's the quick menu by pressing your Q key. (Used to help clean up the dialog area by hiding the quick menu from the bottom of your screen.)
  • Included a custom font outline script, which adds dark outlines around the dialog text and the character names...(Visually improves the dialog and name text, which compliments the text against the new custom dark textbox.)
  • Included the Universal Choice Descriptor Mod, which is used to display on screen hidden data that is behind SOME of the story choices, which can offer points and other game related info. (This is NOT a walk through, but can aid with some of the story choices.)

Install:
Just extract and merge the game folder with this titles game folder (over write when prompted). Then run your game exe, and enjoy this title in Dark Mode. (Mainly reduces eye strain for us older folks.)

Note: This mod compilation will not need regular updates, (providing no major coding changes are done to the original script of this title)...it should continue to work for future game releases.

Regards.

Examples images of the UI changes (dark changes, and font shading), as well the custom dark textbox, and quick menu mod (QM can be hidden or displayed using the Q key).
screenshot0015.png
screenshot0007.png
screenshot0008.png

Fazed

Nov 21, 2018
Adjustment Mod (DARK MODE)

Hi...I compiled together a few useful mod's and did a few minor visual changes that compliment the look of this title. (Improved visibility)

• Changed the default textbox, to a custom dark bottom shaded version...which aid's with viewing the dialog text without blocking any of the background content.
  • Changed the white frame.png image, as well as the notify bar.png, NVL bar.png, skip bar.png, and the choice idle back ground.png from white to black. (These dark changes aids with a much clearer font, making it easier to read on screen.)
  • Changed the original game_menu.png image with a custom black brick version, (which visually improves the preferences settings, as well fits the dark mode visual changes).
  • Edited the GUI.rpy file, …changed a number of the the text colors to fit the dark mode changes...(which visually improves the display of the dialog, and other text with this title).
  • Included the 0x52_URM tool, which allows a user to view as well edit Ren'Py titles. (Used to verify and see more data behind some of the story choices, as well it can display requirement checks as they happen through out the story. Using edit mode by pressing alt m keys together.)
  • Also included a Universal Quick Menu mod, which hide's or display's the quick menu by pressing your Q key. (Used to help clean up the dialog area by hiding the quick menu from the bottom of your screen.)
  • Included a custom font outline script, which adds dark outlines around the dialog text and the character names...(Visually improves the dialog and name text, which compliments the text against the new custom dark textbox.)
  • Included the Universal Choice Descriptor Mod, which is used to display on screen hidden data that is behind SOME of the story choices, which can offer points and other game related info. (This is NOT a walk through, but can aid with some of the story choices.)

Install:
Just extract and merge the game folder with this titles game folder (over write when prompted). Then run your game exe, and enjoy this title in Dark Mode. (Mainly reduces eye strain for us older folks.)

Note: This mod compilation will not need regular updates, (providing no major coding changes are done to the original script of this title)...it should continue to work for future game releases.

Regards.

Examples images of the UI changes (dark changes, and font shading), as well the custom dark textbox, and quick menu mod (QM can be hidden or displayed using the Q key).
View attachment 4105426
View attachment 4105425
View attachment 4105423
Amazing. Please continue protecting those who cannot themselves, from the terrible flashbangs imposed on us by the inconsiderate.

....:)

Reactions: MrBenny

BlasKyau

Devoted Member
Jun 26, 2018
Personally, I'm not a fan of sex dream scenes. So "skip a lot of content" is what's going to happen despite that warning.

vs2011xyz

May 18, 2021
acewinz Congratulations on your first release! Good luck!
Updated and moved.
---------------------------------------
The Call of Darkness [v1.0] [Ace Games] - Compressed

Win/Linux [317 MB]
- MEGA - - PIXELDRAIN -

Mac [312 MB]
- MEGA - - PIXELDRAIN -

Thanks

acewinz

Game Developer
Oct 15, 2018
Personally, I'm not a fan of sex dream scenes. So "skip a lot of content" is what's going to happen despite that warning.
Agreed, they are usually just an excuse to add fap content with no real impact to story or relevance to the characters.

And I did totally embrace the excuse to add early sex content to showcase what kind of animations I can do to hopefully have the player interested in what the other characters can look forward too and the fact that I would have animations at all.
But that is just story stuff, not everyone is into that. :)

RandomGuy99

Nov 11, 2018
The Story is not bad but a bit too long in the dream sequence. While the dance animation is nice but it would be good to be skipped directly in subsequent versions.

acewinz

Game Developer
Oct 15, 2018
The Story is not bad but a bit too long in the dream sequence. While the dance animation is nice but it would be good to be skipped directly in subsequent versions.
You can skip the intro with any button press in case you were unaware.

RandomGuy99

Nov 11, 2018
You can skip the intro with any button press in case you were unaware.
I'm aware but it seems to take a few seconds for it to skip. Not sure if it's my PC or by designed. It would be good for us to go directly to the main menu

Dryparn

Aug 13, 2017
The starting dream sequence was overly long and very boring.
I just started skimming through it after a while and almost quit the game.
After that the game got more interesting but for a very short while. I recommend skipping this for a number of versions until there is some content.

snakeplisskin

Mar 19, 2018
Hey Ace, most poeple are probably not going to enjoy the dream sequence. But i personally loved it and have already fallen in love with this world.

For the girls we have already met,

Alina - killer body, love her slutty ready to serve us personality. She does however have an average face though, which is a shame since she is susposed to be the ulimate sexpot.

Pella(?) - Blondes aren't usually my thing. But she is pretty and has a pretty cute little body. Will the real verison be a part of the story or just the dream verison.

Kress - To early for me to give a fair opinion, i like her. But i need to see more of her right now she feels like a little sister.

Lily - I already am madly in love with her. Dat ass, those tits. Plus that wonderfully flirty and cheeky personality.

Boobie - An absolutely stunning muscle mommy with a tough exterior but soft little cinnimon roll once she lets you in.

The world you have built is very capitvating and i can't wait to learn more. Honestly blown away by this first release. The only complaint i have is the game is overall to dark. Really hard to see what's going on.

• Red Heart

pastametal

Jun 23, 2021
I just googled VAM and got a thousand different results that have nothing to do with visuals. So I will ask, what does VAM stand for, is there a website and could someone link it? Thankyou.

acewinz

Game Developer
Oct 15, 2018
I just googled VAM and got a thousand different results that have nothing to do with visuals. So I will ask, what does VAM stand for, is there a website and could someone link it? Thankyou.
Short for Virt-a-Mate.

Reactions: pastametal
5.00 star(s) 2 Votes