Others The Camgirl [v0.5] [Diddler Games]

2.00 star(s) 2 Votes

demidemon

Aug 31, 2016
This "game" is a torture. I was expecting a good cam girl simulator or maybe a good story adv/vn.
I don't even know where to start. The game begins with you working in a coffee shop. Theres a skippable typing game where you type out the letter displayed within a short time. Theres nothing about coffee or interacting with customers, there are a few CG during the mini game but honestly not worth "playing". I rather get a few cut scenes and maybe random events during your job than this "mini game".
There are a few places you can go to, the gym, the beach, the park etc, but you don't do ANYTHING there except meeting NPC for story events. At home you can eat, bath, watch TV but they have ZERO EFFECTS either.
Then you are introduced the cam girl job. FINALLY something good you would think but its not. The cam girl job is just a non stop clicking "game". CG changes as you keep clicking. You don't get to interact with the viewers at all. There are no dialogs during the cam show, you don't know what the viewers say, you don't know what MC thinks. Have the devs ever watched cam shows? How do girls get tips? Private shows? Tips controlled sex toys? There are no.. actual content in this game. Just a bunch of CGs.

To the devs:
I have to be blunt, this game needs a complete overhaul, from the game design, content to its engine. You need to actually understand what erotic games are before you can make one. Play some of the popular games here. Then come back to your own game. Actually play your game and ask yourself if the game is fun, are the sex scenes erotic, are you enjoying the game etc. You can keep the CG, but please delete anything else and make a new game.

Last edited:

DiddlerGames

Game Developer
Jun 3, 2019
I like the models shown in the OP but a minigame-infested clicker game seems like a nightmare to me.
Clickers are very difficult, I understand. I'll put in an autoclick mode just for you buddy.

Honestly, been thinking how to make bots for MMOs and have already figured out auto clickers. Just haven't done it for this.
Where are hints and how to make bigger?
You want a 720p picture stretched to 4k? I started making it with an older unsupported gpu, so it was hours for even a 720p image. It's just how it is for this game.

Reactions: Bobber Tail

demidemon

Aug 31, 2016
Clickers are very difficult, I understand. I'll put in an autoclick mode just for you buddy.

Honestly, been thinking how to make bots for MMOs and have already figured out auto clickers. Just haven't done it for this.

You want a 720p picture stretched to 4k? I started making it with an older unsupported gpu, so it was hours for even a 720p image. It's just how it is for this game.
Is there any specific reason for you to keep this clicking "mini game"? Coz non stop clicking for minutes is not fun.

In games like cookie clicker or clicker heroes you only click to get upgrades so you don't need to click anymore. In most other erotic grindy games u would sometimes be "rewarded" by random events/scenes and you will not be repeating the same thing for several minutes!! But in your game, each cam show last for minutes and involves in only non stop clicking. You just reach certain amounts of clicks and the CG changes. It is boring, it is tiring it is tedious and it is not rewarding. You just have no choice but to click for money. I mean did you actually play the game yourself? Spend like 15-20 minutes clicking to get in game money? Did you enjoy it?

I just don't understand why would you rather add an autoclicker instead of replacing clicking with other mechanics? What is your reason behind this clicking thing if you know people don't like it? If you have your reasons you can tell us. You know maybe we can figure this together so we can achieve your goal with a more enjoyable approach.

DiddlerGames

Game Developer
Jun 3, 2019
Is there any specific reason for you to keep this clicking "mini game"? Coz non stop clicking for minutes is not fun.

In games like cookie clicker or clicker heroes you only click to get upgrades so you don't need to click anymore. In most other erotic grindy games u would sometimes be "rewarded" by random events/scenes and you will not be repeating the same thing for several minutes!! But in your game, each cam show last for minutes and involves in only non stop clicking. You just reach certain amounts of clicks and the CG changes. It is boring, it is tiring it is tedious and it is not rewarding. You just have no choice but to click for money. I mean did you actually play the game yourself? Spend like 15-20 minutes clicking to get in game money? Did you enjoy it?

I just don't understand why would you rather add an autoclicker instead of replacing clicking with other mechanics? What is your reason behind this clicking thing if you know people don't like it? If you have your reasons you can tell us. You know maybe we can figure this together so we can achieve your goal with a more enjoyable approach.
Clicking is straight forward and easy to understand and do. Originally there was one like the dinosaur game with chrome browsers but some people didn't like it. So I went with just click. I just want something simple that is the smallest of barriers that isn't too hard. I actually cut down the values of what's needed by about half of what I can do. Didn't think it would be a thing people cared too much about.

zweistein

Dec 6, 2017
What computer are you testing the game 486 on? 386? where is one second for you 20-30 ?? A 200-clicked cape is about the max I proved and the next day level again 1 ?? no procedure to destroy the mouse so that I can see a sign of succession ... forcing me to go to work .... you have been working on the game for over 1.5 years I don't want to believe that you did real tests regarding achieving maximum results ... maybe you really have weakened computer and your tests are significantly distorted to do nonsense that is overly demanding immediately enemies of future players ... I recommend moving everything to an existing project where a minimum of programming is enough to maximize the results and when you understand the logic then you can start creating something extra ....

the text is sometimes misguided yes, it was translated by google, and your game is probably the same for the player.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: DiddlerGames

f95zone69

Oct 21, 2017
If ur engine is down u may consider the "Midnight Ride" engine. Simple story line, no mapping, no mini-games / puzzles. Try to put the content somehow together, put it into steam store and go on with another project. That mini-game was super annoying and a big pain, I'm glad it might be removed.

DiddlerGames

Game Developer
Jun 3, 2019
If ur engine is down u may consider the "Midnight Ride" engine. Simple story line, no mapping, no mini-games / puzzles. Try to put the content somehow together, put it into steam store and go on with another project. That mini-game was super annoying and a big pain, I'm glad it might be removed.
Fair. I'm still relatively new to this and working alone. The idea is to make something similar to a comic book and when you hover over select panels they will have animation while just telling the story close to what was intended.

Reactions: f95zone69

DiddlerGames

Game Developer
Jun 3, 2019
is the basic first version idea I have. Just left click to move forward, there is only 3 images right now. I will have another version up that is just a scrolling to read the story kind of thing. Let me know what you think.

• Love

f95zone69

Oct 21, 2017
Here is the basic first version idea I have. Just left click to move forward, there is only 3 images right now. I will have another version up that is just a scrolling to read the story kind of thing. Let me know what you think.
awesome job, really like it.
I'd do some non-animated renders between the animated ones.
Not every page needs to be animated? (y) (but thats just my personal view)
5 more pages and you can set up your steam store page as comming soon :cool:

Reactions: DiddlerGames

DiddlerGames

Game Developer
Jun 3, 2019
Only the first page is animated. The second one I am doing as an example will have smaller render images, reducing rendering, but more images in general. Like reading a Manhua with animations in format.

DiddlerGames

Game Developer
Jun 3, 2019
, which is more like a korean Manhua, or long comic. I don't have everything done yet, and need to code in the dialogue, but before I put any more work on this, I just wanted to get some feed back.

f95zone69

Oct 21, 2017
I really like it, but you need to slow game play down a bit, maybe a timer or something so you need to wait kind of 15 seconds until you can go to next page.
I think midnight ride had something like that so you cant proceed too fast. But screens and dialogs are really good

2.00 star(s) 2 Votes