VN Ren'Py Abandoned The Castaway Story [v0.7] [androm3dart]

3.20 star(s) 6 Votes

JC07

Jun 14, 2020
I mean I have never played this game before. And as I have some tags that I can't stand, read the comments before downloading.

And when I read the reviews it made me fearful and doubtful about it. The game itself looks really cool and stuff, but to enjoy the game to its full potential it seems like we'll have to make lots of moves or lots of saves, no harem route where we can follow all the girls we care about, even if we have to choose one in the end? and another thing, this voyer that Professor Black said, is it with an LI? is it not preventable? I saw that the DEV said they could take it out of the game or make it optional, so someone or the DEV(androm3dart) itself could clarify these doubts?

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
m32w.jpg

The Castaway Story- Chapter 8 Update

Over the past few weeks, I didn't update anything here and the reason for that is that I didn't really have anything to update. The new chapter requires a lot of new assets to be created/purchased. This game involves assets that aren't easily available in the popular marketplace, so I had to create a lot of assets from scratch and use other marketplace and then manually configure it for usage in the game. This requires a lot of work and the usage of other software (mostly but not limited to Blender, Substance Painter, Substance Designer). IT takes a lot of time. But the good news is that most of the assets have been created. So from the upcoming Sunday, I'll start posting updates that will contain the images from Chapter 8.

androm3dart

Game Developer
Aug 14, 2017
is this game gonna be a multiple ending? since i'm kinda sensing a consequences if mc is in a relationship with jane.
There are going to be multiple endings. And it will be not just about which girl you are going to end up with, but how the story ends and with which girl you end up with. There are lots of choices that won't seem important but they do have consequences. Once I complete the game I'll also post a walkthrough on how to achieve all those endings.

• Wow
Reactions: zainon

androm3dart

Game Developer
Aug 14, 2017
I mean I have never played this game before. And as I have some tags that I can't stand, read the comments before downloading.

And when I read the reviews it made me fearful and doubtful about it. The game itself looks really cool and stuff, but to enjoy the game to its full potential it seems like we'll have to make lots of moves or lots of saves, no harem route where we can follow all the girls we care about, even if we have to choose one in the end? and another thing, this voyer that Professor Black said, is it with an LI? is it not preventable? I saw that the DEV said they could take it out of the game or make it optional, so someone or the DEV(androm3dart) itself could clarify these doubts?
There is an initial part where you follow and spy someone and see that they're having sex, so some people complained about that, but that is not actually NTR. I've plans on making it optional, so that you won't have to watch it. MC can be in a relationship with multiple girl, but as of now, no harem ending is planned. Once the game is complete, I'll release a full walkthrough with the consequences of each decision. As of now, multiple endings will be there based on the choices and lots of choices have consequences that players might miss.

Reactions: JC07

androm3dart

Game Developer
Aug 14, 2017
People that say that they like the game. I will advise you if you can't support the developer, at least to give a good review, because the game is not bad. And most ppl when they see the bad review rate, they wont even give a chance to try the game. And even after more than an year of developing and only 10 dollars patron money donation for a mounth. He hasnt quit. I call that a dedication. Can't support you but you have my respect developer
Glad to see it. This is one of the things that keeps me motivated to keep working on my game.

JC07

Jun 14, 2020
There is an initial part where you follow and spy someone and see that they're having sex, so some people complained about that, but that is not actually NTR. I've plans on making it optional, so that you won't have to watch it. MC can be in a relationship with multiple girl, but as of now, no harem ending is planned. Once the game is complete, I'll release a full walkthrough with the consequences of each decision. As of now, multiple endings will be there based on the choices and lots of choices have consequences that players might miss.
I see, but this "someone" is an LI. Because here on the F95, NTR is seen a little differently from the actual meaning of the word.

Here on this site, this TAG says "Designed to cause jealousy for having a romantic interest involved with someone other than the MC." So it might be ntr even if he's not in a relationship yet, but it all depends on the way it was done, if the mc already knows her, if he's already shown interest... That's why I don't really like the voyer tag here either , because often she is on the limit between NTR (puts LI having sex with another guy to have sexual content, but it can't be with MC because somehow he will have to grow and conquer the LI), so many times this "voyer" can be understood with NTR.

And about the harem, like, I don't expect a harem ending with a big orgy at the end. when I say a harem route it's more like I can follow all the solo paths at the same time. Example: if I go out with X tonight, I'll lose content with Y.

So the ideal would be, to be able to go with X today, but don't lose the content with Y. like a route closes another route. or to get points with X I have to lose points with Y. That is, the harem route I mean is more like it allows me to follow them all, even if in the end I have to choose one or two.

EDIT: I gave a brave look, and answered my question, the girls aren't LI, so it's okay. Now I can translate to my language and I enjoyed the story.

Last edited:
Reactions: big_boy_undercover

androm3dart

Game Developer
Aug 14, 2017
I see, but this "someone" is an LI. Because here on the F95, NTR is seen a little differently from the actual meaning of the word.

Here on this site, this TAG says "Designed to cause jealousy for having a romantic interest involved with someone other than the MC." So it might be ntr even if he's not in a relationship yet, but it all depends on the way it was done, if the mc already knows her, if he's already shown interest... That's why I don't really like the voyer tag here either , because often she is on the limit between NTR (puts LI having sex with another guy to have sexual content, but it can't be with MC because somehow he will have to grow and conquer the LI), so many times this "voyer" can be understood with NTR.

And about the harem, like, I don't expect a harem ending with a big orgy at the end. when I say a harem route it's more like I can follow all the solo paths at the same time. Example: if I go out with X tonight, I'll lose content with Y.

So the ideal would be, to be able to go with X today, but don't lose the content with Y. like a route closes another route. or to get points with X I have to lose points with Y. That is, the harem route I mean is more like it allows me to follow them all, even if in the end I have to choose one or two.

EDIT: I gave a brave look, and answered my question, the girls aren't LI, so it's okay. Now I can translate to my language and I enjoyed the story.
For your first para, no its not a LI, its just that mc catches random characters having sex, nothing more than that.

Second para, there is only a single mutually exclusive scene, and it doesn't depend on your previous choices, you make it at that moment, so you can go with one path and can come back immediately to check the other path, apart from that I don't remember writing any mutually exclusive events.

Reactions: JC07

JC07

Jun 14, 2020
For your first para, no its not a LI, its just that mc catches random characters having sex, nothing more than that.

Second para, there is only a single mutually exclusive scene, and it doesn't depend on your previous choices, you make it at that moment, so you can go with one path and can come back immediately to check the other path, apart from that I don't remember writing any mutually exclusive events.
Yes, I reviewed it here, I didn't read the story itself, it was just on ctrl to check these scenes. I'm translating, so I can play and understand the story well, but the little I've read (I don't understand English very well) seems very good.

Keep it up, and the best feedback I can give you now is to make any fetish optional/avoidable, it helps a lot for "sensitive" people like me...hahaha

But if scenes are important to the game's storyline, like if you haven't seen it, you won't understand the game's story, so don't make it optional, even if it's unpleasant. But if the only thing it contributes is sexual content, it's best to leave it optional/avoidable. Like, this "orgy" scene, as I wasn't reading the story, I didn't see if it could be something important, I saw that the MC took some pictures, but I don't know what benefit they will bring to the MC. From what I saw it was more like adding sexual content, so it could be avoidable or optional.

Good luck DEV, that you continue with your project and that you reach your goals.

Last edited:

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
He might just be ignoring this thread hoping it might go away, because the dev has been on F95 as recently as Nov 2021. One Patreon @ $0.90 per month, I would say this is probably abandoned.

androm3dart

Game Developer
Aug 14, 2017
He might just be ignoring this thread hoping it might go away, because the dev has been on F95 as recently as Nov 2021. One Patreon @ $0.90 per month, I would say this is probably abandoned.
Just wanted to let everyone know that yeah, this game is probably abandoned. Firstly, I'd like to tell everyone that even though there is only 1 Patreon, I've paused the monthly payments and it was never about money. Second, I've moved to a different nation, on a student permit, so I'm not allowed to do any kind of work, and it includes freelancing too. I feel bad that I'm abandoning the game. I'd love to continue to develop this game once I'm legally allowed to work. But as of now, yeah I'm not working on it anymore. I feel bad because the game was reaching its end (planned 10 episodes).

I'm really sorry for all the people who invested their time in this game, but the situation is that I just can't work on this game. Even though I'd like to work on it for free, without Patreon, I still don't have time for it as I'm working a part-time job and studying at the same time. With all the studies and work going on, I don't have time for this. Do understand that as a foreign student I can only work with the permission of the University and in the University, so it's not like I can leave my part-time job and focus on this game to make money. I invested a lot of time and money in this adult game dev thing, which honestly I don't regret. But as of now even though I want to give it time, I just can't.

Once I will be settled with a permanent job and am legally allowed to work on these kinds of games, I'd love to keep working on these games. A year ago, I was already working on the second game too, but too bad I've to abandon this thing.

Once again, I'm really sorry. And thanks to everyone who supported this game. And this is not a goodbye, once I'm settled properly and allowed to work, I'll be back here again.

Reactions: m4dsk1llz and Orlox

Orlox

Nov 11, 2016
Just wanted to let everyone know that yeah, this game is probably abandoned. Firstly, I'd like to tell everyone that even though there is only 1 Patreon, I've paused the monthly payments and it was never about money. Second, I've moved to a different nation, on a student permit, so I'm not allowed to do any kind of work, and it includes freelancing too. I feel bad that I'm abandoning the game. I'd love to continue to develop this game once I'm legally allowed to work. But as of now, yeah I'm not working on it anymore. I feel bad because the game was reaching its end (planned 10 episodes).

I'm really sorry for all the people who invested their time in this game, but the situation is that I just can't work on this game. Even though I'd like to work on it for free, without Patreon, I still don't have time for it as I'm working a part-time job and studying at the same time. With all the studies and work going on, I don't have time for this. Do understand that as a foreign student I can only work with the permission of the University and in the University, so it's not like I can leave my part-time job and focus on this game to make money. I invested a lot of time and money in this adult game dev thing, which honestly I don't regret. But as of now even though I want to give it time, I just can't.

Once I will be settled with a permanent job and am legally allowed to work on these kinds of games, I'd love to keep working on these games. A year ago, I was already working on the second game too, but too bad I've to abandon this thing.

Once again, I'm really sorry. And thanks to everyone who supported this game. And this is not a goodbye, once I'm settled properly and allowed to work, I'll be back here again.
At least you're telling everyone about the game's future, unlike all those devs who just vanish without saying anything or worse, those who still visit the site regularly but ignore their game's thread.

I'd rather have disappointing news than no news.

Thank you for being honest and taking the time to write this.

joker0987

Oct 27, 2019
I am glad as well that you let us know. I was one of your patreons and I figured once you had suspended payments for the last few months you were probably done. I hope someday you pick it back up again and we can see what was really going on on the other side of the island.

Reactions: androm3dart

androm3dart

Game Developer
Aug 14, 2017
I am glad as well that you let us know. I was one of your patreons and I figured once you had suspended payments for the last few months you were probably done. I hope someday you pick it back up again and we can see what was really going on on the other side of the island.
I'm really glad that you supported me. I still want to work on this as I said earlier, it's just that I can't.

androm3dart

Game Developer
Aug 14, 2017
At least you're telling everyone about the game's future, unlike all those devs who just vanish without saying anything or worse, those who still visit the site regularly but ignore their game's thread.

I'd rather have disappointing news than no news.

Thank you for being honest and taking the time to write this.
I mean I really want to work on this. I invested a lot of time and money in assets and hardware, it's just that I am not even allowed to work on it. It's not just about time constraints. I'd still return to continue this game, but I can't set the timeframe. So, really sorry for that.

3.20 star(s) 6 Votes