VN Ren'Py Abandoned The Castaway Story [v0.7] [androm3dart]

3.20 star(s) 6 Votes

androm3dart

Game Developer
Aug 14, 2017
androm3dart Any news are your game mate?
Sorry for the very late reply. As I mentioned earlier, my graphics card gave up. Actually, I'm rendering on a laptop. So the laptop is working fine but the graphics card died. I'm quite short on the finances and with being unemployed, can't do much about it. All of my family, me, my mom, dad, and sister tested covid +ve, so that was a very difficult time. That being said, my elder brother has gifted me a new laptop, it'll arrive within this month, so I'll start working on it next month. Even if I receive the laptop tomorrow, I won't be able to work on it since I have an exam somewhere around 26-30 of this month. I'll start the Patreon page along with the new update of the game. I have an old system lying around, and I can upgrade it, only need a new GPU, everything else will work fine. The upgrade is necessary because rendering on a laptop will kill it, but I can use it for the time being. So, any support on Patreon will be highly helpful. But as I said, I won't start the Patreon page before the update is ready. And about the update, before my laptop died, around 80% of the renders were already completed. Also the new laptop has 8 GB GPU instead of 4gb and is a much faster one, so expect better renders, not from ep 6 since renders are mostly complete, but definitely from ep 7.

PS. I want to say stay safe to everyone, but looking at the circumstances, I believe its impossible to not get infected with the virus. I actually followed everything, never went out without any reason, never touched my face whenever I did go out. Always bathed immediately after returning, kept sanitizing everything. But still, I got infected with it. All I can say, which most of the newspapers, media, and channels are not reporting properly is that, be careful out there, because how much you get affected by it depends on the amount of virus intake. Since I followed all the norms, I believe the amount of virus intake was low for me, I had a mild fever, cough, and cold for 2 days, nothing more than that. So, if you are careful, and if you get infected with this virus, the chances are that you'll heal quickly.

Finally, expect the update to be ready by mid-November.

androm3dart

Game Developer
Aug 14, 2017
The update is available, sorry for the delay guys. My new system gave me a problem so I had to send it for RMA, which took a lot of time due to this pandemic and also a lot of my work was lost due to it.

P.S.- I didn't have enough time to test the game, so please notify me of any errors. Also, english is not my first language, so please bear with it. Once I get enough patreons I would hire a dialogue writer for my game.

PPLayer

May 18, 2018
The game looks promising - gonna try it IF there is a compressed version ready *g*

androm3dart plz consider to switch to jpg or even webp - with correct settings there is (almost) no quality difference ;) ... I´m sure yourself and the one who wanna play your game gonna appreciate smaller files sizes to handle with ^^

Jonah Arkon

Sep 22, 2017
Sorry for the very late reply. As I mentioned earlier, my graphics card gave up. Actually, I'm rendering on a laptop. So the laptop is working fine but the graphics card died. I'm quite short on the finances and with being unemployed, can't do much about it. All of my family, me, my mom, dad, and sister tested covid +ve, so that was a very difficult time. That being said, my elder brother has gifted me a new laptop, it'll arrive within this month, so I'll start working on it next month. Even if I receive the laptop tomorrow, I won't be able to work on it since I have an exam somewhere around 26-30 of this month. I'll start the Patreon page along with the new update of the game. I have an old system lying around, and I can upgrade it, only need a new GPU, everything else will work fine. The upgrade is necessary because rendering on a laptop will kill it, but I can use it for the time being. So, any support on Patreon will be highly helpful. But as I said, I won't start the Patreon page before the update is ready. And about the update, before my laptop died, around 80% of the renders were already completed. Also the new laptop has 8 GB GPU instead of 4gb and is a much faster one, so expect better renders, not from ep 6 since renders are mostly complete, but definitely from ep 7.

PS. I want to say stay safe to everyone, but looking at the circumstances, I believe its impossible to not get infected with the virus. I actually followed everything, never went out without any reason, never touched my face whenever I did go out. Always bathed immediately after returning, kept sanitizing everything. But still, I got infected with it. All I can say, which most of the newspapers, media, and channels are not reporting properly is that, be careful out there, because how much you get affected by it depends on the amount of virus intake. Since I followed all the norms, I believe the amount of virus intake was low for me, I had a mild fever, cough, and cold for 2 days, nothing more than that. So, if you are careful, and if you get infected with this virus, the chances are that you'll heal quickly.

Finally, expect the update to be ready by mid-November.
Sorry to hear that and not to down play your unfortunate circumstance, but CDC recently updated estimated infection fatality rates for COVID. Here are the updated survival rates by age group:
0-19: 99.997%
20-49: 99.98%
50-69: 99.5%
70+: 94.6%
Sources
Breitbart dot com
TownHall dot com
Forbs dot come
CDC dot gov here one has to really read to find it and even do the calculations yourself.

szabon

Jun 16, 2019
It's kind of obscene calling two fake news sites "sources" while mixing them (with the CDC and) with a reliable media company and on the top of it misspelling the name - Forbes* :FacePalm::rolleyes:

• Angry
Reactions: Jonah Arkon

androm3dart

Game Developer
Aug 14, 2017
Thanks mate. Could you please export and share a distribution for Mac as well?
I've posted the mac link on the OP. Please note that it is the uncompressed version and I don't have any MAC/Apple pc, but I've built it but won't be able to test it whether its working or not.

Reactions: szabon

androm3dart

Game Developer
Aug 14, 2017
Sorry to hear that and not to down play your unfortunate circumstance, but CDC recently updated estimated infection fatality rates for COVID. Here are the updated survival rates by age group:
0-19: 99.997%
20-49: 99.98%
50-69: 99.5%
70+: 94.6%
Sources
Breitbart dot com
TownHall dot com
Forbs dot come
CDC dot gov here one has to really read to find it and even do the calculations yourself.
The issue is that a lot of deaths are occurring due to post COVID issues. Two persons somewhat related to me died due to it because they were infected with pneumonia post COVID, they passed away when they were COVID -ve after being +ve for around a week earlier. They were 26 and 28 years old. So, there are a lot of fatalities but are not being reported since they were not actually because of COVID, but because of post COVID effects.

szabon

Jun 16, 2019
To Mr. Comments censor:
FYI - I did ask on the Request Forum.

Last edited:

szabon

Jun 16, 2019
I've posted the mac link on the OP. Please note that it is the uncompressed version and I don't have any MAC/Apple pc, but I've built it but won't be able to test it whether its working or not.
I will let you know - if I can download it. Gdrive is not allowing now.

androm3dart

Game Developer
Aug 14, 2017
Guys, I need all of your views on what would you prefer me to do. Should I continue with cloth animations like dress or undress (mostly undress). The reason I'm asking this is it takes a lot of time, a hell lot of time. The process is pretty complicated too, since it's not possible in the Daz studio itself. So exporting, generating clothing animation and then reimporting it back involves a lot of work. If you people don't particularly like it I'd skip it. But if you want my views, I'm inclined toward including them, since undressing is one of the things that is missing from all other VN games and it makes the sex scenes totally complete, rather than clothes just disappearing.

szabon

Jun 16, 2019
I will let you know - if I can download it. Gdrive is not allowing now.
androm3dart it worked.
You should work on the story a bit more, backgrounds, and give more options for users to choose. If the focus is the novel, work more on the story and the characters (do some research about it - - ), if it's the gameplay work then on the options -

Reactions: androm3dart

caxhub

Engaged Member
Aug 22, 2019
Download android v0.6 APK
P/s: Request Link Android Game at my

androm3dart

Game Developer
Aug 14, 2017
androm3dart it worked.
You should work on the story a bit more, backgrounds, and give more options for users to choose. If the focus is the novel, work more on the story and the characters (do some research about it - - ), if it's the gameplay work then on the options -
Thanks for the feedback. I'm still learning, it's my first game. I'll look into these articles you mentioned.

3.20 star(s) 6 Votes