VN Ren'Py Abandoned The Castaway Story [v0.7] [androm3dart]

3.20 star(s) 6 Votes

Rintal

May 6, 2017
Decent renders but the dialog was killing me. Animations were also pretty decent but damn.. that dialog. Gotta say that dialog........... hopefully mentioning it three times makes the point. That dialo.....g killed me. Lot of content though..
Well, everything is pretty clear, but I'm really curious about how the dialogs are?

• Haha
Reactions: punisher2099

dougiehouser

Jun 9, 2019
Well, everything is pretty clear, but I'm really curious about how the dialogs are?
It written in kinda a terse statement style - obviously not the writer's first language - so it comes across a bit flat.
They sometimes refer to you as 'mc' even though you just introduced yourself by name and repeat some phrases which makes it weird to read (at the start about 5 sentences in a row start with 'Some time later ...').

Because the speech is kinda stilted it's hard to work out whether everyone is adversarial to each other or it's just a byproduct of the writing.

There are also some abrupt shifts of scene, one moment he's looking around in the forest and next thing there's a woman threatening to kill him. I mean wtf, did he find her, did she suddenly jump out at him, it's just one thing straight into the next.

Reactions: Rintal

Dave3518

Nov 5, 2017
Mmmm.... Survile, Island, Only FeMale NPC,
No NTR, already have Oral/Vaginal
Sex Tags... Ok, Dev, I already Fall in Love You ♥
>_<
i was realy hoping this a family in game it need,s a patch for me to like it not even ntr bugger thats means lot grinding to get anywhere

Greenhorse

Jun 11, 2018
So this is the tale of our castaways.
They're here for a long, long time.
They'll have to make the best of things.
It's an uphill climb.
The first mate, and his Skipper too,
will do their very best
to make the others comfortable
in their tropic island nest.

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
It's always a dilemma at picking which girl to go with the last update choosing between Debbie and Jane was hard enough I just hope in the long term we can keep them both onside.

Capt OA

Apr 29, 2018
Ok guys, first of all, the game is not dead. I am still working on it. I am having some issues with Patreon. So I was stuck there. Right now, just don't support the game on Patreon. I'll not be posting updates on Patreon, but here only. The next update will be bigger than previous updates. I am very busy but still working on the game. Also, this is my first game, so I am having some issues with coding and other things. So, please be patient. Chapter 5 is 70% completed. I am trying to complete it as soon as possible. Also when I started this game I was unemployed so updates were fast, but right now I've got a full time job, so I can't give it much time, but still working my ass off for it. I can't guarantee when the update will come, but please understand that I am working on it whenever I am having some spare time.

One more time please don't support this game on Patreon. I want to take my Patreon page down but also don't want to lose my Patreon page at the same time. So, Patreon page will stay as it is but if you're going to Patreon from here, right now, don't support it. I am having some troubles which I can't explain, but I am working on the game. And thank you guys for the support I got in here.
Just a thought, would it be possible to post the game here in F95zone and put something else in Patreon just to get support from patreons?

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
Capt OA I believe you think too highly of F95's reach, we would be a very small fraction of the Patreon and the bulk of the people here are pirates, Aye Matey!

Last edited:

androm3dart

Game Developer
Aug 14, 2017
Just a thought, would it be possible to post the game here in F95zone and put something else in Patreon just to get support from patreons?
Yeah, I was thinking about that. Thinking of editing my patreon page with just different levels of Patreon. No post or no updates whatsoever related to the game. I still haven't decided yet. I'll keep you guys posted for when you can start supporting me on Patreon.

Reactions: Aaarzzz

lionarslan

Jun 11, 2017
androm3dart
Played your game. Looks like it's 5th version, so it supposed to be clean from beginner's errors. But still I see sometimes word "MC mc" instead of MC's name in the first chapter, I see some mistypes like names not beginning from capital letter (that thing is not only in first chapter, it's just common thing in game). Another thing is messages about end of chapter and beginning of next chapter with save warning, if it's not the last chapter we shouldn't see them, that messages confuses us, players. I suppose it's not looking good in the eyes of your supposed donaters on Pateron.
I see people already told about dialogs so I don't need to repeat that. To the 5th chapter I began to see a story and I can tell I liked it. I think it's a deep story that can be interesting to read. But your "way of speaking" (not only dialogs but text at all) seriosly mess with story and worsening text part at all. I suppose it can be overcame with simple thing. One screen, MC's telling what he's going to do, next screen, "some time later" or "after the (designated time period or time of day)". Just a suggestion. But it's for the description text, dialogs are the worst.
There's a bug in 5th chapter. Ater Jane/Debbie choice and sex scene story is jumping to the second morning of Rob chase, i.e. dream with Madison and pleasant awakening with Lauren. Story goes on after that till the end of chapter (with according message) then it jumps back to the next morning after Jane or Debbie sex scene and goes on till the first night of Rob chase, then it cuts to main menu.

Reactions: androm3dart

lionarslan

Jun 11, 2017
Mmmm.... Survile, Island, Only FeMale NPC,
No NTR, already have Oral/Vaginal
Sex Tags... Ok, Dev, I already Fall in Love You ♥
>_<
On this moment there's some people who disagree with you. There are some sex scenes where MC is only watcher, not participant. For some it's already ntr (not that I agree with them but I would prefer to not see such scenes).

androm3dart

Game Developer
Aug 14, 2017
androm3dart
Played your game. Looks like it's 5th version, so it supposed to be clean from beginner's errors. But still I see sometimes word "MC mc" instead of MC's name in the first chapter, I see some mistypes like names not beginning from capital letter (that thing is not only in first chapter, it's just common thing in game). Another thing is messages about end of chapter and beginning of next chapter with save warning, if it's not the last chapter we shouldn't see them, that messages confuses us, players. I suppose it's not looking good in the eyes of your supposed donaters on Pateron.
I see people already told about dialogs so I don't need to repeat that. To the 5th chapter I began to see a story and I can tell I liked it. I think it's a deep story that can be interesting to read. But your "way of speaking" (not only dialogs but text at all) seriosly mess with story and worsening text part at all. I suppose it can be overcame with simple thing. One screen, MC's telling what he's going to do, next screen, "some time later" or "after the (designated time period or time of day)". Just a suggestion. But it's for the description text, dialogs are the worst.
There's a bug in 5th chapter. Ater Jane/Debbie choice and sex scene story is jumping to the second morning of Rob chase, i.e. dream with Madison and pleasant awakening with Lauren. Story goes on after that till the end of chapter (with according message) then it jumps back to the next morning after Jane or Debbie sex scene and goes on till the first night of Rob chase, then it cuts to main menu.
Thanks for pointing out the mistakes and the bugs. I guess I really need to start working in my dialogue writing. And meanwhile, I'll figure out the bugs and those mistypes and reupload the modified version.

Reactions: Aaarzzz

lionarslan

Jun 11, 2017
Thanks for pointing out the mistakes and the bugs. I guess I really need to start working in my dialogue writing. And meanwhile, I'll figure out the bugs and those mistypes and reupload the modified version.
You're welcome. I really want to play your game without "textual" obstacles.

Reactions: androm3dart

androm3dart

Game Developer
Aug 14, 2017
You're welcome. I really want to play your game without "textual" obstacles.
Hey, I've fixed the bugs, and I'm working on fixing the textual obstacles, will be ready by tomorrow. Just copy the bugfix file in the OP to your game folder, extract and replace all the files. Please inform me if there are any other issues.

lionarslan

Jun 11, 2017
Hey, I've fixed the bugs, and I'm working on fixing the textual obstacles, will be ready by tomorrow. Just copy the bugfix file in the OP to your game folder, extract and replace all the files. Please inform me if there are any other issues.
Used bugfix, checked. Bug is gone, chapter 5 go as intended.

androm3dart

Game Developer
Aug 14, 2017
22 May 2020 Update
Ok guys, my system was having some issues. So, I couldn't render it for about 3 weeks, now everything seems fine, but the risk is still there. But I am gonna go ahead with the risk, which probably is negligible since I've already performed stress test for 24 hrs straight. For the project, around 40% has been completed, along with some big animations.
P.S.- I've cleared my Patreon page, now it doesn't show that I am creating adult games, As I told earlier, I can't really show I am creating adult games on my Patreon page. And if you want to show some support, you can do it now.

Everyone stay safe

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
1599455829820.png

androm3dart
Joined Oct 2019

• Creators

This patron isn’t supporting any creators at the moment.

3.20 star(s) 6 Votes