Others Abandoned The Casting Couch [v1.11a] [Hentami]

2.80 star(s) 6 Votes

Ryahn

Birb Skull Fuckery
Staff member
Donor
Compressor
Jul 5, 2017
I would like to ask if there is some sort of miner in this. Unless your game is horrible optimized, how would you explain 60-80% GPU usage while looking at non animated renders? I have two 980ti in SLI and never seen it get that high unless it was something like Nier or MEA (Mass Effect Andromeda).

All the other VNs I have played that animates or stills, I never have this high of GPU usage or CPU.

EDIT: Game under review until we can get a clear answer

Hentami

Donor
Game Developer
Nov 26, 2017
Happy to provide source to any admins as mentioned before. I get 1-2% usage so I clearly am missing something needed for certain machines.

Certainly could have a memory leak we have failed to stumble across in an event which could create that, apologies if so until found.

My thoughts on data mining, anyone who wanted to do that would not spend the massive time and effort making a custom engine like this.. and would just toss into a renpy game and put incest in title. Happy to share source to an admin of course.

stronkie

Jan 29, 2018
just make a version without the online, that way I can check if the game still connects to the internet :) also maybe it is mining and you don't know about it.. maybe it is the software you use to built the engine. You might wanna check other DEV's who use the same package

Reactions: Hentami

Hentami

Donor
Game Developer
Nov 26, 2017
@stronkie Thank you for the advice and I guess that is possible but I mean, its just GMS2 which has been used in games with millions of downloads, 'undertale' so I don't see how.

Uploading all source files to Resident Skunk Hunter

Hentami

Donor
Game Developer
Nov 26, 2017
Full disclosure of my message to admins while my files are scanned.

Thanks, Will check back in a few hours to see progress. Will provide cell phone if needed as I happened to really enjoy this community and feel strongly to protect my brand. I've released games for years, albeit probably considered crappy games, and have no interest in this snowballing into some conspiracy thread.

Since it will take awhile to go thru all those files that - maybe hide (or delete) my game thread. I am sad and have no interest at all in some silly conspiracy train of 'ZOMG DATA MINERS' thread when it's not possible for me to do so.

I'm not that smart.

Thank you for the time and willing to go thru my files. Again I apologize for me apparently being totally useless at coding I guess.

I can offer nothing more then my files and phone that I can think of at this point.

Well check back in a few hours for whatever final verdict is decided.

Thank you again for your time.
~HENTAMI.

(PLEASE LOCK THREAD UNTIL THIS IS SOLVED)

Ryahn

Birb Skull Fuckery
Staff member
Donor
Compressor
Jul 5, 2017
Updated OP with a staff notice. The game just need to be optimized. I know what to look for in GMS2 but I have no knowledge of how to actually optimize it. It could be that its just an engine issue.

Big.Joe

Jun 1, 2017
When I try to start the game, an error massage appears : "MFCreateDXGIDeviceManager" wasnt found in the DLL "MFPlat.DLL"

stronkie

Jan 29, 2018
I am happy that it is all sorted out. Now only thing you have to do is make the online thing optional and iron out all the bugs :)

Hentami

Donor
Game Developer
Nov 26, 2017
Thank you all for the time to sort out the proper answer. My crappy coding skills.

- warning - This game is optimized like absolute dingle berries on many machines it seems. Fine for me but I probably have all the proper DLLs and will try my best to make it better. for others Don't download unless you enjoy early access buggy poorly optimized experience.

I will make this game OFFLINE by default and must be manually put online by the users choice by next weekend.

@ - appears to be a Microsoft DirectX Graphics Infrastructure (DXGI) Device Manager. With humble apologies I cannot test on anything under windows 10 with latest drivers at this point. I will do my best to find and bundle anything legacy needed.

Reactions: Big.Joe

Badboll

Aug 29, 2017
Thank you all for the time to sort out the proper answer. My crappy coding skills.
Crappy skills are better than no skills. The premise of the game is fine and interesting, just keep at it. a fix for taking up 60% of my gpu and the game is golden.

May 15, 2017
Sounds very shady. Got error when I tried to run the game. Tried to exit the error pop up but it kept coming back. Was finally able to stop the error from poping up by ending the process in task manager. Come here to see someone suggest that I can play the game if I click ok on all the "error" pop ups and that the game has an "online feature". Oh and if I'm willing to ignore all those warnings, game is buggy as hell. Nice! This is why it's best to play these game in a virtual machine at least if not an old backup pc.

Sinndallas

SD
Donor
Aug 7, 2017
Good luck, it's an interesting concept that I've seen before that hasn't ever really gone anywhere. I'll definitely watch this and try it out in a version or two after some refinement.

Hentami

Donor
Game Developer
Nov 26, 2017
- Game Performance Optimized
- ONLINE MODE is OFF by default (turn on in phone settings)
- OP has been updated with latest download links

Thank you for your feedback and apologies for any inconveniences.

Reactions: Droid Productions
2.80 star(s) 6 Votes