RPGM Abandoned The Coceter Chronicles [v0.15 Beta1] [Nverjos]

4.80 star(s) 38 Votes

Varik8876

Sep 17, 2019
Well damn abandoned for 3 years and this guy still has 49 patrons, that's still 50$ for doing nothing. Maybe I should do the same. :unsure:
For 1$ they may not even remember signing up for it, and depending on their email/email provider spam settings they may not be seeing the patreon payments email either.

Freki

Game Developer
May 16, 2017
Can someone work on its update somehow ? :cry:
No one has the story, or anything beyond that. sigh unless Nverjos comes back and gives someone the info of how he wanted it, story will not be any good compared to what was before :) well I do wish it would get continued but I'm afraid that it won't be like the original

Reactions: syfy88man

winini

Jan 10, 2019
No one has the story, or anything beyond that. sigh unless Nverjos comes back and gives someone the info of how he wanted it, story will not be any good compared to what was before :) well I do wish it would get continued but I'm afraid that it won't be like the original
There are many talented people out there. Sometimes, i wish that someone would've attempted to finish what Nvejos started. It definitely wouldn't been the same, but at least it would've been something.

Freki

Game Developer
May 16, 2017
There are many talented people out there. Sometimes, i wish that someone would've attempted to finish what Nvejos started. It definitely wouldn't been the same, but at least it would've been something.
I'm not arguing but a few of those ideas put out there it was WAY off the beaten track i am skeptical but I'll agree something is better than nothing, i don't know really. I'd actually rather have someone start something new and similar so they can have their own creation.

syfy88man

Jul 20, 2018
I'm not arguing but a few of those ideas put out there it was WAY off the beaten track i am skeptical but I'll agree something is better than nothing, i don't know really. I'd actually rather have someone start something new and similar so they can have their own creation.
the thing is, there was one person that was trying to figure out which DaZ3D models that Nevo was using, and was going to make a story of the people but it not going to be following the story path, but it own story, the person couldn't get all the nevo character looking right that Nevo was using, so that project never pan out but yea, Nevo is still making a some money off the ones that supporting the project but I don't think he is coming back

Reactions: winini

winini

Jan 10, 2019
the thing is, there was one person that was trying to figure out which DaZ3D models that Nevo was using, and was going to make a story of the people but it not going to be following the story path, but it own story, the person couldn't get all the nevo character looking right that Nevo was using, so that project never pan out but yea, Nevo is still making a some money off the ones that supporting the project but I don't think he is coming back
How can we be sure that Nverjos is even still alive at this point? I mean, i can understand abandoning the project, but don't just disappear, at least say something.

Reactions: gamer44mefun

syfy88man

Jul 20, 2018
How can we be sure that Nverjos is even still alive at this point? I mean, i can understand abandoning the project, but don't just disappear, at least say something.
who knows, it like that other project that I was supporting, Lust Town, the big boobbies Ruby. The game started out in RPGM game engine and got up to version 7, so we wanting on the next evil person, but we had the brothel, the town and such under control. Yet people was asking for an Ren'Py version of the game, so he started to convert the game from RPGM to Ren'Py but that game never got pass the starting of the brothel part. The game dev did join a team that help him get his game out there but then one day the Team put a posting out that the game Lust Town is now abandoned due to the Game Dev having died for some reason. So with Nverjos, who knows

gamer44mefun

Feb 8, 2021
I agree here. To start a similar story (like really really similar in characters, scenario, etc ...) might comes up with a better fate to this game since that Nvejos guy is not reacting or updating anymore.

Reactions: winini

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
If they have the talent to make a game and the desire to make a game, they are making a game. You'd be asking for them to give up their own passion to pursue someone else's, and you'd likely end up with no games at all.

shadow415

Oct 14, 2019
If they have the talent to make a game and the desire to make a game, they are making a game. You'd be asking for them to give up their own passion to pursue someone else's, and you'd likely end up with no games at all.
Well the counter argument is that they will already have the install base of the old game to show off their talents. So they don't have to start from zero and fans of the old game will give it a try. When they finally move and make their own game than they will have a much bigger audience for it.

Snugglepuff

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 27, 2017
Well the counter argument is that they will already have the install base of the old game to show off their talents. So they don't have to start from zero and fans of the old game will give it a try. When they finally move and make their own game than they will have a much bigger audience for it.
That's assuming that what they come up with to continue where things left off is at least equal in quality, and progresses things in a logical and consistent manner that doesn't get pushback from those fans. If they don't, then they've earned themselves a negative reputation with their first project and those who remember them will not be inclined to spread good things about them as a dev.

The funny thing is, we've had a recent example of this kind of thing with the differences between the two Justice League movies, and even nearly two decades ago when Spielberg tried to make a movie like Kubrick, with A.I. The only good things for those directors was that they were already established with credibility as directors in their own right... Of course Whedon also had a well deserved rep as a complete asshole that's come back to haunt him :LOL:

Forix

Apr 21, 2017
The story of Nverjos, or should I say the unknown story of, is not uncommon. Valiant Warrior Astrid by DynamiteredGames is also another example of a dev going MIA. Were they living in a country that got hit by a war (Ukraine), did something happen to the dev, did he/she just got bored one morning and gave up?

Honestly I am quite intrigued to know what happens. There was a lot of rumors that the dev got hit by bad stuff irl (death of father, mental issues etc). Nothing officially confirmed or proof of.

If people don't know the dev personally and have access to his social media or Patreons account, it is impossible to transmit the news about the person. Another tragic example of that : Palmer, the dev behind Love-Joint Games passed away and his team found out days after it happened as they didn't get news of him.

We can only suppose and theorize.

Still damn wish someone could take the torch and continue, but to take a universe that is not yours and make it your own... It would require a do-over. And no guarantee it has the same punch people liked.

Last edited:

winini

Jan 10, 2019
Still damn wish someone could take the torch and continue, but to take a universe that is not yours and make it your own... It would require a do-over. And no guarantee it has the same punch people liked.
It is definitely hard, but not impossible. Modding as a whole, is about changing, tweaking, and improving already existing game. And there are many very talented people, who are doing really amazing improvements to the game that they are modding. Plus, unofficial status of mods and addons actually helps. If it is good then we get the continuation to our beloved story, if it's bad then we can just ignore it.

Freki

Game Developer
May 16, 2017
The story of Nverjos, or should I say the unknown story of, is not uncommon. Valiant Warrior Astrid by DynamiteredGames is also another example of a dev going MIA. Were they living in a country that got hit by a war (Ukraine), did something happen to the dev, did he/she just got bored one morning and gave up?

Honestly I am quite intrigued to know what happens. There was a lot of rumors that the dev got hit by bad stuff irl (death of father, mental issues etc). Nothing officially confirmed or proof of.

If people don't know the dev personally and have access to his social media or Patreons account, it is impossible to transmit the news about the person. Another tragic example of that : Palmer, the dev behind Love-Joint Games passed away and his team found out days after it happened as they didn't get news of him.

Nverjos himself talked about his father to his patreon, dropped part A of ver 15, that's when he went raido silent a few years back. so I'd say his father falling ill and dying is one issue, he also talked about how his father got him into role playing and stuff like that and that he even put his father into the game (the king) and perhaps it just was too much to keep working on it, too close. ya know?

Reactions: gusxxx and winini

winini

Jan 10, 2019
Nverjos himself talked about his father to his patreon, dropped part A of ver 15, that's when he went raido silent a few years back. so I'd say his father falling ill and dying is one issue, he also talked about how his father got him into role playing and stuff like that and that he even put his father into the game (the king) and perhaps it just was too much to keep working on it, too close. ya know?
Yes, his father indeed passed away. but if i remember correctly that wasn't the last time we heard from the dev. The last time was about how he is working on a game again and how it is hard to make a good scene with centaurs.

syfy88man

Jul 20, 2018

I remember that game Valiant Warrior Astrid by DynamiteredGames, I was also supporting and doing some game testing for that game dev, love that he added some of Arkbur game play into his game story but yea, that game has gone abandoned as well, but then again there are lot of them that I have played, supported for a while as well did some game testing to report any game bugs or game spelling error but it is life and some of these game for some reason such as Patreon showing and making the game dev either change some of the game story, or demand a game story change which the game dev won't do, so they either just give up, or some do keep working by moving over to subscribestar, but what we have to deal with

syfy88man

Jul 20, 2018
yea which was cool to see but yea, very sad, hell there was another game dev that I was supporting for a bit, I forget the name of the game, but the game dev put his girlfriend into the game, of course the girl was a real life camgirl, but some of the things that she would not do in real time with people, so that why he was making the game, yea, she was flat out a total whore since she doing everything in the game, but then this group that you had to keep dealing with, was pretty much the pet owners of the girl life in the game, but then one day, she pass away due to cancer, she didn't get it check till it too late, so that game never got finished and did they finally fight off the sex boss, so they could run away together, that was suppose to be coming, and the girl was going to like luke life, where she going to open her own brothel/webcam place, she going to be this mistress of the place while he was going to be the dom that handle the strip bar part of the place, this game dev has a ton of ideas but never came around due to the girlfriend passing away

Freki

Game Developer
May 16, 2017
Yes, his father indeed passed away. but if i remember correctly that wasn't the last time we heard from the dev. The last time was about how he is working on a game again and how it is hard to make a good scene with centaurs.
the centaur issue was this game, because he was wrestling with the question of would it be beastiality or not and he was not sure since he wanted tabi to be able to do everything too.... blargh

Forix

Apr 21, 2017
the centaur issue was this game, because he was wrestling with the question of would it be beastiality or not and he was not sure since he wanted tabi to be able to do everything too.... blargh
It was right during the time he had to remove 2 full scenes with a dog, and when Patreon was cracking down hard on incest and other type of content.

Reactions: Freki
4.80 star(s) 38 Votes