RPGM Abandoned The Coceter Chronicles [v0.15 Beta1] [Nverjos]

4.80 star(s) 38 Votes
May 30, 2017
Yeah. If you didn't get the option of bringing her ( think it was " what about aurora") when leaving, then i believe you might have missed some of the "love" options with her. ( Should be in the walkthrough) Not much more content after that scene though.
Can you bring both Courtney and Aurora?

Reactions: xenos87

redkit7878

Aug 9, 2017
when I try to sneak out castle this error occured "failed to load: img/parallaxes/ground15.png"
What can I do for this? Thank u and sorry for my bad english

Creeping Death

dies in loneliness
Donor
Jan 28, 2018
Dev Update: Damn Conversations!
Patrons only
Mar 10 at 7:47pm

Finally, after several days of headache inducing thoughts and writing, and more writing, and a finger cramp from writing, and... You get the idea. I've finally pieced together and wrote the key conversations that have plagued me with Larina. (Actually just finalized it like 5 minutes ago before this post.)
With these finally out of the way I can piece together all the events properly in the next update, so expect that promised Beta soonish.
It's amazing how one conversion/event could hold up the entire process. To fully understand that you need to know that in my original concept for the story and game, you were never meant to play as Tabitha. In the original concept you would have been Lily in Chapter 1, Eric in Chapter 2, and a then back to Lily in Chapter 3, before switching to Larina in Chapter 4.
Obviously I've changed the storyline a great deal to accommodate the use of Tabitha only, and that's what caused this issue with the lore and story that took me days to think of a way around. As not being able to play Lily and Larina and get their view from your perspective hid a great deal of details and seemingly made things not make sense, like at all.
So now I can piece everything together in the game, I have all other events done, they just need linked together and tested. And of course, I still have to render the final scene for this update, as I changed something when I wrote the above conversations, that completely changed the updates final scene.
So I'm excited now, to finally move the story along, and I'm looking forward to the release.

Creeping Death

dies in loneliness
Donor
Jan 28, 2018
Good news - looks like light at the end of the tunnel...
Yeah at least, since we heard of Nverjos the last time three weeks ago. Don't like her information politics but more important she's been working on the game. And I expect a quite huge update! She wrote something about nine(?) new maps, the changes in the storyline, new stuff back in faye land. Oh yeah, oh yeah :relievedface::heartcoveredeyes:

Jun 22, 2017
Yeah at least, since we heard of Nverjos the last time three weeks ago. Don't like her information politics but more important she's been working on the game. And I expect a quite huge update! She wrote something about nine(?) new maps, the changes in the storyline, new stuff back in faye land. Oh yeah, oh yeah :relievedface::heartcoveredeyes:
9!? new maps :FeelsGoodMan::FeelsGoodMan::FeelsGoodMan::FeelsGoodMan::FeelsGoodMan::FeelsGoodMan:
This cannot get here fast enough!:eazyHype:

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Looks like we might have to replay the whole game instead of using existing saves, YEA!!!!

atwmr.png

Reactions: ponyguy

baneini

Jun 28, 2017
Summertime Saga was pretty efficient at de-incentivizing players from playing new patches by always requiring a new playtrough and not having even the decency to offer "skip seen text" option.

Creeping Death

dies in loneliness
Donor
Jan 28, 2018

posted

I happen to know other RPGMaker Game Devs follow the Coceter Chronicles, so I wanted to make a small announcment that might save you all horror that plagued me the last couple days.
If you happened to open RPGMaker within the last six days to the FREAK OUT I had where over half your Game had disappeared. Don't fret!
There was a nasty bug in the latest version of RPGMaker that caused current projects to not recognize any maps edited in version 1.6.0. Leaving you the Author baffled that half your game had vanished. (I nearly had a heart attack.)
Thankfully you can fix this in two ways:
1: Open up the MapInfos.json file in notepad (Found in the project data folder. Then go through the ID's of the Maps and their parent ID. Make sure no map is a parent of itself. (RPGMaker 1.6.0 was setting bad ID info.)
If you're not sure about the ID's, just set all ParentID to 0 and reorganize them in RPGMaker later.
2: Overwrite the current MapInfos.json with a backup from before the 1.6.0 update. (You are backing up your game project files regularly right?)
I swear, I freaked out so hard when I opened RPGMaker and found all my chapter 2 and 3 maps had disappeared. Luckily I had a backup from February 22nd, the day I upgraded to 1.6.0.
Doing this will not erase any work you did on those maps, that info is stored elsewhere. It will only allow the project to see all the maps again.

Creeping Death

dies in loneliness
Donor
Jan 28, 2018
so any one knows when is going to upload the 0.13?
Posted on March 10th
With these finally out of the way I can piece together all the events properly in the next update, so expect that promised Beta soonish.
So after her last posting with the now solved problems in RPGMaker, I (imho) expect the beta within this week. I will post the _infos_ about that as soon they are posted, because I am Tabby-dicted or a Tabby-holic ;)

4.80 star(s) 38 Votes