VN Ren'Py The Conte Family: Sofia's Life [v0.1.0.4] [88Michele88]

2.50 star(s) 4 Votes

Deleted member 4879170

Mangawy
Game Developer
May 1, 2022
Listen, Michele. I have a lot of respect for you for trying to create a visual novel, which is something that takes a lot of time and effort. You're also older than me in the game development scene, so try to take this with an open mind.

First of all, I use Sims 4 just like you so I can understand some of the problems that you might face.

1-Trying using more CC (Custom Content) and mods for your images, since they really make a difference.
2-Don't cut your characters and use them as sprites, because they just don't... "blend in" with the background, per se.
3-Try putting your images in Photoshop or any other photo editing program, and do some color corrections and filters.
4-Stop using oil paint or whatever it is that makes your backgrounds look like...well this:
Screenshot_-_TCFSL_-_Sofia_Foot_Job_Human_Male_Femdom2.png
Just go for the "Raw" look, and refer to point 3.
5-Get a proofreader or a translator. Not being able to fluently speak a language (which is something needed for writing visual novels) isn't something to be ashamed of. But you could at least try to contact a friend or anyone that might be willing to help you out. I'm sure there are a lot of people on this site who appreciate your work enough to want to help you.
6-Don't work on multiple games at once.
7-Don't work on a game if you're not feeling like it. Cause if you do, the results won't be pretty.

These were some pointers that I thought could be of use to you, and trust me I mean no offense by anything I said.
I wish you the best of luck on your projects, Michele.

Zuul

Dec 2, 2016
These were some pointers that I thought could be of use to you, and trust me I mean no offense by anything I said.
They've been getting constructive criticism and suggestions since the start, along with the ones that are not-so constructive. No matter how many flaws are pointed out and solutions are offered to fix them it's all just labelled as "offencise" and disregarded. You'd have an easier time convincing a brick wall to move.

Rugerrell6

Jun 26, 2020
News about news contents in v0.1.0.2

I'm not going put this on Patreon and Subscribestar, it kind uncensured.

I'm not sure if some lesbian player will like it killing hi this way. Lets finde out, let me knwo what you guys think about it.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
The lesbian player base on here is probably a very small minority so I wouldnt worry to much about people that want strictly lesbian because you will reach a much bigger audience if you have both or even just hetero.

Saint Blackmoor

Saint and Sinner
Donor
Oct 26, 2017
These were some pointers that I thought could be of use to you, and trust me, I mean no offense by anything I said.
This is by far the most genuine, generous comment I've seen here on F95. Because it took time and real consideration to put together and be given to a very controversial member here. I salute you, Serpens Rex
Other members, please read the complete comment.

88Michele88

Bloodborn Vampire
Game Developer
Apr 22, 2018
Listen, Michele. I have a lot of respect for you for trying to create a visual novel, which is something that takes a lot of time and effort. You're also older than me in the game development scene, so try to take this with an open mind.

First of all, I use Sims 4 just like you so I can understand some of the problems that you might face.

1-Trying using more CC (Custom Content) and mods for your images, since they really make a difference.
2-Don't cut your characters and use them as sprites, because they just don't... "blend in" with the background, per se.
3-Try putting your images in Photoshop or any other photo editing program, and do some color corrections and filters.
4-Stop using oil paint or whatever it is that makes your backgrounds look like...well this:
View attachment 1929709
Just go for the "Raw" look, and refer to point 3.
5-Get a proofreader or a translator. Not being able to fluently speak a language (which is something needed for writing visual novels) isn't something to be ashamed of. But you could at least try to contact a friend or anyone that might be willing to help you out. I'm sure there are a lot of people on this site who appreciate your work enough to want to help you.
6-Don't work on multiple games at once.
7-Don't work on a game if you're not feeling like it. Cause if you do, the results won't be pretty.

Thanks somuch for your words and I apreciated.
1.) It what I'm doing.
2, 3 and 4 ) I using the real image of locations, where the scenes developing I can't find any of ancient roman and greece to build to use for my work. The beckground is the real image I modifed int that. While forcharcter I prefer this whay and I alredy explaing in The Destiny of Siria that I never use location tha I don't like or don't fee wee with all my story and lore. I used DeepL to cack everything was ok and it was just littl fix here and there afterward.
6.) If I don't work on game at once it not gonna make me happy
7.) It not that bad working on games tha I love and enjoying creating/making them. It what I feel.

5) I hope you handerstand that with no usefull help I can't do too much just fix some mistaks here and there. Without a real help from player I just fix where I can since I see no real help from player only mockery.

88Michele88

Bloodborn Vampire
Game Developer
Apr 22, 2018
The lesbian player base on here is probably a very small minority so I wouldnt worry to much about people that want strictly lesbian because you will reach a much bigger audience if you have both or even just hetero.
There will be lesbian, straight and bisexual rute. It gonna be win-win for both sexual orientetion.

Reactions: Rugerrell6

Deleted member 4879170

Mangawy
Game Developer
May 1, 2022
I hope you handerstand that with no usefull help I can't do too much just fix some mistaks here and there. Without a real help from player I just fix where I can since I see no real help from player only mockery.
I understand because I deal with something similar. I also haven't gotten any real reviews on my game, just a bunch of good and bad comments. But, sometimes you have to be your own critic. Review and criticize your own work. Compare it with any other work that you've done that got any good reviews. Put yourself in the shoes of the player and determine what would work best.

Reactions: 88Michele88

Greily

Mar 4, 2018
Sometimes when you're the only one who's right you need to consider that maybe you're wrong.

Yeah some people are pretty harsh. However, when decent people are offering decent advice and it's being brushed aside, what can you do but ignore the work and it's creator and hope they find something they REALLY like to do somewhere else?

88Michele88

Bloodborn Vampire
Game Developer
Apr 22, 2018
Sometimes when you're the only one who's right you need to consider that maybe you're wrong.

Yeah some people are pretty harsh. However, when decent people are offering decent advice and it's being brushed aside, what can you do but ignore the work and it's creator and hope they find something they REALLY like to do somewhere else?
Consider that, we are on pirated forum where no one really/truly care about Sims 4 from where I create all character You see in games of mine. Even non native english speak keep burshing and barking about english (not relly helping on where they find hard to understend or incomprensble somewhere thy just bursh it off like they don't understood.) Do you really thing they aproach attitude really impress me or make me fee like I need to beg for help? Sinse there no real help like in other games thread they helped with screenshot where omething was not right or misspelled. The don't do nothing helpfull to improve my engish an text in my game. It pierate site people like these thing for themself and that it istead of been civiele and helpful they doing opposite.

I just fix where I can, where I catch something I missed.
any screenshot could truly help me fix where I couldn't.

Reactions: MrTarch
2.50 star(s) 4 Votes