LordFrz

Oct 21, 2022
so many dev try to give small gift for new years and christmas but this one cant give anything like that
who cares. Devs gonna get bitched out for not giving a Christmas bonus, and they will get bitched out for not working on the main game, and they will get bitched at that the new years gift was too small. Dev cant win.

iCrown24

Oct 14, 2017
do you know henteria chronicle ?
Technically the Christmas game that the developer made has no relation with Henteria Chronicles, it was just a test game to test the plugins and models that would be used in Henteria Chronicles 1.

And the developer said that he doesn't see possible to make another short game like that (either a sequel or a remake), at least for the moment because he is focusing on developing HC3 and from what he said in one of his last Patreon post he is already starting to make the test models for HC4.

Vicinity

Nov 28, 2022
The artstyle is so good ngl, but dunno why i can't complete the "talkingg to Yui" quest after the 1st night Ryuu saw illusions due to the ruin. Any idea guys ?

iCrown24

Oct 14, 2017
The artstyle is so good ngl, but dunno why i can't complete the "talkingg to Yui" quest after the 1st night Ryuu saw illusions due to the ruin. Any idea guys ?
Maybe it's a bug? I honestly don't remember where Yui was after that event so I can't help you much, sorry :(

inatari

Game Developer
Oct 29, 2022
If I'm not mistaken, is this when the girls start masturbating? So, Yui must be in her room.

Reactions: Road Mafia

iCrown24

Oct 14, 2017
One thing I want to comment, and I hope the developer doesn't take it as a bad criticism, is that personally what I like the least about the game so far are the sprite models of the characters.

Make no mistake, they are very good and well detailed models, but the problem for me is that they are a bit far from the pixel art style.

I know it's silly but I don't know, if I compare them with HC3 sprites I think I like them, maybe I'm used to those models because I've been playing HC3 longer than this game hahaha.

Anyway as I said, that doesn't take away that the sprites of this game are also good and if I'm not wrong, the developer also makes the sprite models which for me is impressive because he's practically developing the game alone without help.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: BBC King and ktez

Zellemate

Community Manager For HeavenStudios
Game Developer
Dec 13, 2016
One thing I want to comment, and I hope the developer doesn't take it as a bad criticism, is that personally what I like the least about the game so far are the sprite models of the characters.

Make no mistake, they are very good and well detailed models, but the problem for me is that they are a bit far from the pixel art style.

I know it's silly but I don't know, if I compare them with HC3 sprites I think I like them, maybe I'm used to those models because I've been playing HC3 longer than this game hahaha.

Anyway as I said, that doesn't take away that the sprites of this game are also good and if I'm not wrong, the developer also makes the sprite models which for me is impressive because he's practically developing the game alone without help.
Well honestly, its pixel sprite artwork - How close do you want them to look like a full-in-depth CG when its literally only a few pixels on the screen? That the game even have pixel sprite artwork is just amazing, since 9/10 RPGmaker games just leave that part out - only the top tier games have it. That said I think they look pretty much like the characters they portray.
- Not to mention, this dev. do everything himself. CG art, animation, pixel sprite artwork, coding, dialogue and story.
- Henteria Chronicles outsource the sprite artwork, so the dev. have more time for story and dialogue, making the quality really high from an artist who probably only do sprite artwork all day long. Not to mention his sprite artwork "is his scenes" so they need to be damn good :coffee:

Reactions: abgazil and LordFrz

LordFrz

Oct 21, 2022
Well honestly, its pixel sprite artwork - How close do you want them to look like a full-in-depth CG when its literally only a few pixels on the screen? That the game even have pixel sprite artwork is just amazing, since 9/10 RPGmaker games just leave that part out - only the top tier games have it. That said I think they look pretty much like the characters they portray.
- Not to mention, this dev. do everything himself. CG art, animation, pixel sprite artwork, coding, dialogue and story.
- Henteria Chronicles outsource the sprite artwork, so the dev. have more time for story and dialogue, making the quality really high from an artist who probably only do sprite artwork all day long. Not to mention his sprite artwork "is his scenes" so they need to be damn good :coffee:
I have to agree, most games just have the walking sprites standing next to each other, or if they feel like puttin in work the two walking sprites will just smash into each other rover and over, lol.

While I wont say the sprites here are the same quality as hentaria (its the main focus in that game), they do show the dev cares and he is putting in the work. Making sprites is not the same as full size cg, it's a different skill set.

I am more the happy with what I see, the main focus is the full sized cg, but we get the sprites to add detail to the overworld.

Reactions: Zellemate

BBC King

May 8, 2021

Considering the developer makes the models himself and they are all unique and get the point across just fine I hardly see what needs to be improved. It seems like it just comes down to your personal preference, I for one actually find these better than the HC games sprites because they can show more but even then it doesnt matter because this game features CG sex while HC games are exclusively sprite-sex only.

3.90 star(s) 53 Votes