NewGuy2020

Game Developer
Oct 7, 2020
Good God, all these images are clearly taken from random sources :ROFLMAO:
Tileset is by Winlu.
Some of the icons, most of the portrait backgrounds and a few sprites are default RPGmaker
All of the portrait art and CGs are hand drawn by me with the exception of 2-3 ancillary characters: shop girl, goblin guard, and pig herder.
Also there is one image that is a collaborative effort between myself and another artist that recently joined the team.
Almost all of the sprites are hand pixelated by me.

Reactions: johnyakuza1

harem.king

Engaged Member
Aug 16, 2023
Tileset is by Winlu.
Some of the icons, most of the portrait backgrounds and a few sprites are default RPGmaker
All of the portrait art and CGs are hand drawn by me with the exception of 2-3 ancillary characters: shop girl, goblin guard, and pig herder.
Also there is one image that is a collaborative effort between myself and another artist that recently joined the team.
Almost all of the sprites are hand pixelated by me.
Ha. you used such a vastly different artstyles that people think it is different artists.

It is basically this meme
monster male vs female.png

NewGuy2020

Game Developer
Oct 7, 2020
Ha. you used such a vastly different artstyles that people think it is different artists.

It is basically this meme
View attachment 3283714
Yes. the game has been developed over 4 years and over that time I have developed a lot as an artist. My goal is to have a style similar to western 2d animation but ironically its actually easier for me to do a more painterly/realistic style than a good disney-style toon. So some of the images are more painterly. Over time I'd like to push for a more consistent western comic style and will replace the rpgmaker default backgrounds.

1705849261870.png 1705849100139.png

harem.king

Engaged Member
Aug 16, 2023
Yes. the game has been developed over 4 years and over that time I have developed a lot as an artist. My goal is to have a style similar to western 2d animation but ironically its actually easier for me to do a more painterly/realistic style than a good disney-style toon. So some of the images are more painterly. Over time I'd like to push for a more consistent western comic style and will replace the rpgmaker default backgrounds.

View attachment 3283756 View attachment 3283752
That is some massive huge improvement to your art.
You might consider redrawing the oldest scenes consider the sheer amount of improvement you had.

I mean, one shouldn't be constantly redoing the art to be slightly better.
But this feels like it is going towards the other extreme.

NewGuy2020

Game Developer
Oct 7, 2020
I always appreciate good hand drawn art... keep it up dev! :love:
Any plans to add a virgin girl? This ugly bastard taking virginity of a beaut would be a sight to behold!
I hadn't thought about that explicitly, but now that you mention it ... the Baron has 2 daughters and at least one of them can be a virgin.

Thanks for the idea!

NewGuy2020

Game Developer
Oct 7, 2020
That is some massive huge improvement to your art.
You might consider redrawing the oldest scenes consider the sheer amount of improvement you had.

I mean, one shouldn't be constantly redoing the art to be slightly better.
But this feels like it is going towards the other extreme.
Thank you! And yes I agree, I will be redoing some of the older images and some of the art that I am not as happy with. Over time it should become more consistent across the game.

Reactions: harem.king

harem.king

Engaged Member
Aug 16, 2023

View attachment 3283756 View attachment 3283752
hang on a minute...
this game has been in development since 2020?

Reactions: Bcsex

Honey_

Jan 19, 2018
hi. i love the game! but there is this bug i can't avoid.....
during the spanking at the ritual, there is a part of the background floating around, so you can't end the punishment.....
there is something similar with alchemy, but all buttons are still pressable.

Reactions: NewGuy2020

NewGuy2020

Game Developer
Oct 7, 2020
hang on a minute...
this game has been in development since 2020?
Yes.

Its my first game so the first couple of years was developing the systems, learning the platform (rpgmaker), studying art, learning programming (javascript) and learning animation. I launched my website in 2022 where I solicited some alpha testers and got my first feedback on the game. I didn't want to share it too publicly, bc I knew that it would get destroyed in reviews with placeholder art, default assets and many bugs.

In 2023 I felt like my art had progressed enough to where I could start including some of the final work in game. I spent 3 months producing art assets daily which became the map sprites and most of the NPC portraits.

I invested heavily in making modular art and modular systems which is paying off big time now. The guards and maids are procedurally generated for example so that the different characters can be created with programming rather than drawn individually.

The alchemy, skills and NPC interactions are all coded systems that I personally created.

All of the dialogue, for example, to include choices, portrait animations and various effects in my game can be generated using modular custom programming. This makes it incredibly fast for me to create complex quests with dynamically generated variables and variations rather than trying to use RPGMakers cumbersome and limited event-interface.

I also purchased Winlu's tileset, and abandoned making my own tilesets to save time (you can see Greely's lab is pretty much all my own custom tileset). I remade all of my amateur default RPGmaker asset maps with much better, Winlu tileset maps.
1705857503369.png OldVsNewGreelyPlotting.png

Finally, just a few weeks ago, a long-time talented artist friend joined the team and he is incredibly fast. I still collaborate with him on the art, so that it maintains a consistent style with my own but it has made the pipeline lighting fast compared to before, where I basically would have to halt work on programming to draw for days at a time.

The other new development is the birth of chat GPT, which has sped up my custom programming and debugging probably by a factor of 10.

I also have an animator that I work with now, who does the simple but time-consuming animations for me in short order.

All of this is to say that the content pipeline is now a freight train that took years to build.

NewGuy2020

Game Developer
Oct 7, 2020
hi. i love the game! but there is this bug i can't avoid.....
during the spanking at the ritual, there is a part of the background floating around, so you can't end the punishment.....
there is something similar with alchemy, but all buttons are still pressable.
thanks! can you message me the screenshot, and if possible a save file?

LogZone

Jul 25, 2018
I wonder if it was too soon to state this game is in beta, it's still buggy and with very little content, which can also be missed!
The game also lacks important features like the recollection room
The premise is promising but it was frustrating to realize by playing how many things you can't do (or can miss?)

Also capping your maid depravity locks you out of the inspection scenes, suffering from success

Reactions: NewGuy2020
4.20 star(s) 22 Votes