Uzhirian

Jul 18, 2017
Old saves expected to be borked? I seem to have a bunch of oddities that I dont recall having when I last played in 0.9 (like no shop option from town market girl).

Reactions: YYYgamesYYY

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Compressor
Mar 2, 2019
The Court Magician [v0.12.2] [Sin and Salvation Games] - Compressed

Win [298 MB]
- - - -

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

NewGuy2020

Game Developer
Oct 7, 2020
I'd love to make a linux version, but aside from the fact that the built in linux deployment system doesn't seem to work with MV, the main problem is capitalization of images. I have 578 images and dozens more for dragonbones that do not have consistent capitalization. Unfortunately, I didn't realize this when I started development but apparently windows is the only system that overides capitalization when loading images and so I would have to go through all of the code and events finding references to images and scrub them.

I hope to do it at some point, but it is a herculaneon task that would be likely to introduce bugs.

NewGuy2020 can you please also release it for linux. RPGM can compile into linux.

According to steam hardware survey. linux has almost twice the marketshare of Mac.

harem.king

Engaged Member
Aug 16, 2023
I'd love to make a linux version, but aside from the fact that the built in linux deployment system doesn't seem to work with MV, the main problem is capitalization of images. I have 578 images and dozens more for dragonbones that do not have consistent capitalization. Unfortunately, I didn't realize this when I started development but apparently windows is the only system that overides capitalization when loading images and so I would have to go through all of the code and events finding references to images and scrub them.

I hope to do it at some point, but it is a herculaneon task that would be likely to introduce bugs.
Thank you, fair enough.

If you do get around to it, there is an easier way to do it, instead of combing through all the code.

When an image is not capitalized correctly, RPGM will halt with an error message that explicitly tells you which image is missing. (which you can then resolve by changing the capitalization yourself and then click on "retry" button to continue playing)

So the simpler solution is to just export it into linux with a warning specifically for a volunteer playtester.
said playtester can give you a list of the specific images which have capitalization issues. which they will find as they play the game. And be able to easily resolve for self use via the rename + retry button method.

Reactions: NewGuy2020

NewGuy2020

Game Developer
Oct 7, 2020
I'm certainly willing to do that, but I believe that the native Linux build doesn't work. I thought there was a tutorial somehwere in the forums that shows how to deploy so the game is usable by Linux but can't find it at the moment.

I think there also might be a problem with file names that contain spaces. I can try a native linux deployment and share it with you if you want to start with fixing the file names. Not sure I'm going to have that many linux debugging volunteers though.

Thank you, fair enough.

If you do get around to it, there is an easier way to do it, instead of combing through all the code.

When an image is not capitalized correctly, RPGM will halt with an error message that explicitly tells you which image is missing. (which you can then resolve by changing the capitalization yourself and then click on "retry" button to continue playing)

So the simpler solution is to just export it into linux with a warning specifically for a volunteer playtester.
said playtester can give you a list of the specific images which have capitalization issues. which they will find as they play the game. And be able to easily resolve for self use via the rename + retry button method.

Reactions: harem.king

NewGuy2020

Game Developer
Oct 7, 2020
Old saves should generally not be a problem from a certain point. I don't remember at what point we made the internal functions to ensure the integrity of the saves though.

Old saves expected to be borked? I seem to have a bunch of oddities that I dont recall having when I last played in 0.9 (like no shop option from town market girl).

Reactions: Uzhirian

grahegri

drunk off sake
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
TheCourtMagician-0.12.2
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

jjojjoo

May 28, 2018
i like this ptit games hate to see more however there is a ptit but how do I find all the resources requested for alchemy i almost don’t find any and how do I do for earn more gold I galley

• Hey there
Mar 18, 2019

I'm pretty sure I could come up with a quick bash script to fix that for images and a regex for the code. Let me know if you need some help with that.

• Hey there
4.10 star(s) 26 Votes