RPGM Completed The Curse of Kubel [v2.02+DLC] [Yasagure Kitsuenjyo/Kagura Games]

3.40 star(s) 71 Votes
Jun 19, 2018
It baffles me how fucking hentai games always seem to have such complex and deep metaplots.
I usually dislike them because they bloat the game when I just want to control my frickin' character and not sit through exposition dump, but I do have to respect the quality of the writing.

I am someone who was curious about NTR games for the way the corruption mechanic is implemented and usually go for the baddest bad ending. I decided to check the "good" ending of this game to see how to plot resolves itself and I got to admit, at one point it got me to the point where I stopped and asked myself "am I getting emotional over a fucking hentai game?".

Boring game for me in terms of gameplay and scenes, but interesting premise and good writing.

nyagura

Feb 20, 2018
If I understand tweets right, then developer will update the game with adding voice and few new scenes. If Kagura will help him, then steam version get update too.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Yuuki4

Yuuki4

Jun 30, 2018
If I understand tweets right, then developer will update the game with adding voice and few new scenes. If Kagura will help him, then steam version get update too.
What wonderful news! I can't wait to play the devs next game though, I really liked this one!

F_myname

Jul 29, 2018
true....all those flashback was really unnecessary...
The flash back made me want to shut down the game, I hate how they lay down a nice little love story with all the little things the couple did and BAM..... CUCKED
And it's not even like the MC had a choice its literally rape :'(

F_myname

Jul 29, 2018
It baffles me how fucking hentai games always seem to have such complex and deep metaplots.
I usually dislike them because they bloat the game when I just want to control my frickin' character and not sit through exposition dump, but I do have to respect the quality of the writing.

I am someone who was curious about NTR games for the way the corruption mechanic is implemented and usually go for the baddest bad ending. I decided to check the "good" ending of this game to see how to plot resolves itself and I got to admit, at one point it got me to the point where I stopped and asked myself "am I getting emotional over a fucking hentai game?".

Boring game for me in terms of gameplay and scenes, but interesting premise and good writing.
Ye I'm just 1 hour in and just got to where the MC got raped. My heart is breaking.

Reactions: bazelgeuse

Yuuki4

Jun 30, 2018
Ye I'm just 1 hour in and just got to where the MC got raped. My heart is breaking.
Honestly I'm not a fan of the rape either. This game didn't really need it. It has amazing slow burn corruption. It would have been so much better if MC would have acquiesced or even begged to get fucked.

I really liked the game, but I will agree that the rape was unnecessary.

EzravonLeon

Sep 25, 2020
Honestly I'm not a fan of the rape either. This game didn't really need it. It has amazing slow burn corruption. It would have been so much better if MC would have acquiesced or even begged to get fucked.

I really liked the game, but I will agree that the rape was unnecessary.

Would have been better if MC had a choice. Since the devs went thru all that trouble to give us the back story, there should've at least also been a pure route.

On another note, did anyone else try to use Textractor (x86) for this game ? I couldn't get it to work with this game. The CG scene dialogues were fine. But the scrolling text for MC in the interface sometimes has words cut off (referring to the sex scenes)

propeeves

May 9, 2019
I found the problem with the cut-off text - the interpreter can't hand ` \n`, it needs `\n` instead

You can run a find-and-replace over the www/data folder, or unzip this one in its place

LEET

May 29, 2017
Does this game have outfits or give you the option to walk nude?
No

The developer on Ci-en is developing it further. More groping and now we got actual stuff with the comatose boyfriend. They're also adding VA to it. It's probably their most popular so they are trying to making a remaster of it.

Last edited:
Reactions: nojszu

Ion.TemUS

Jun 8, 2017
No

The developer on Ci-en is developing it further. More groping and now we got actual stuff with the comatose boyfriend. They're also adding VA to it. It's probably their most popular so they are trying to making a remaster of it.
Man I really wish there would be some pre-release updates like Patreon games do. These games sometimes take years to make or remaster, it's such a long wait. I often find myself loosing track of what I used to play and wait for the DLC/remaster/sequel for and end up not playing them because its been so long. For games that update regularily there is actually a monthly or bi-monthly regular rhythm of coming back and looking what changed.

Then again, maybe that's the secret. Can't deny most Japanese games actually manage to be COMPLETED and don't hold out with content snippets for 3 years as opposed to some of these patreon projects.

3.40 star(s) 71 Votes