3.50 star(s) 84 Votes
Sep 9, 2018
By definition of this [Abandon] tag, I could name a lot of games that has barely any updates for 1+ years and it still doesn't have the same treatment.

The point I was trying to make is, new players who comes in and sees this tag gets turn off immedately and perhaps may not even download to play it. Plus to the point above, the treatment for this game is inconsistent with other games that has similar release cycle.

XxLolxX1

May 16, 2017
The fact is that Rannero is the boss. As this is a one-person project.

This game is free, so there is no client.

Thanks for coming out to prove my argument that people have no logic and can't consume facts.
I don't see how him being alone in the development is an argument against people's complains.

He accepts money from people, whether the game is free or not doesn't matter, if you get almost 3k dollars a month to develop a game and hasn't updated it in 2 years the people supporting you have a right to be angry. They're paying for a service, the service being Rannero working on the game that makes them clients. That's why the patreon model is shit, developpers have no obligation they can relax for a month or two and take money from their supporters.

Don't talk about logic when you oversimplify people's complain and use "the game is free" as an argument against criticism.

XxLolxX1

May 16, 2017
This is THE answer, set aside who are a patron of him (I don't think the majority of the people that complain is his patroneer) so why complain on a thing that you haven't support anything for it? Sometimes people really think that they are some sort of "client" although this "client" receive the product without paying anything to support the creator Lmao.
Once again, I would mention about Alient Quest E.V.E if you had heard of that, dev completely literally disappears for like 2 years and then suddenly throw the full completed game into our face, so at least you still have discord, you still see him comment things on his discord is a good sign for not a dead game.
But did this dev use the patreon model or did he release his game on DLSite after 2 years ? There is a huge difference between the two.
In one you have to release the game to make money and the other you're paid to make the development last as long as possible.
In the other you can drag the game development for as long as you want to make as much money as possible.

If the dev of Alien Quest did use the patreon model then it was pretty bad of him to do that unless he made it clear that that's how it was going to be.

Reactions: Toushiro
May 20, 2022
For some reason I lost my save, it takes too long to be up to date. Anyone who can help?
Also for some reason the search tool doesn't show me the messages ordered by date, which makes annoying as hell to find a save, that's why I'm asking :p

Dereck112

Mar 1, 2021
By definition of this [Abandon] tag, I could name a lot of games that has barely any updates for 1+ years and it still doesn't have the same treatment.

The point I was trying to make is, new players who comes in and sees this tag gets turn off immedately and perhaps may not even download to play it. Plus to the point above, the treatment for this game is inconsistent with other games that has similar release cycle.
So just to be sure, this game isn't actually abandoned?

killerjeb

Not Real Killer
Donor
Aug 9, 2018
I don't see how him being alone in the development is an argument against people's complains.

He accepts money from people, whether the game is free or not doesn't matter, if you get almost 3k dollars a month to develop a game and hasn't updated it in 2 years the people supporting you have a right to be angry. They're paying for a service, the service being Rannero working on the game that makes them clients. That's why the patreon model is shit, developpers have no obligation they can relax for a month or two and take money from their supporters.

Don't talk about logic when you oversimplify people's complain and use "the game is free" as an argument against criticism.

funny, you bring up the argument that boss won't allow dev to develop for 2 years without push code. I told you that he is the boss so that he decides. and you now said I used this as an argument. excuse me? where is your logic? you used it as an argument, so I just explain why your argument is non-sense. When does your argument become my argument? what are you talking about? I don't think you can understand the difference between facts and opinions.

"the people supporting you have a right to be angry", I 100% agree, but "Are YOU one of his patrons?" If yes, go complain to him in patron message, not here, not to me. I sincerely respect how you are going to spend your money. it's none of my business. If not, what are you even talking about here? does your argument support your behavior? Not at all.

Last edited:

XxLolxX1

May 16, 2017
funny, you bring up the argument that boss won't allow dev to develop for 2 years without push code. I told you that he is the boss so that he decides. and you now said I used this as an argument. excuse me? where is your logic? you used it as an argument, so I just explain why your argument is non-sense. When does your argument become my argument? what are you talking about? I don't think you can understand the difference between facts and opinions.

"the people supporting you have a right to be angry", I 100% agree, but "Are YOU one of his patrons?" If yes, go complain to him in patron message, not here, not to me. I sincerely respect how you are going to spend your money. it's none of my business. If not, what are you even talking about here? does your argument support your behavior? Not at all.
I used a boss as an example not an argument, I used similar situations to put more perspective into my argument.

Even if I never gave a cent for Rannero you can still criticize how he handles his development cycle, a lot of people co
I was one of his patreon and my argument support my behavior since this is the reason why I stopped supporting him and I'm here explaining it to you since you misrepresent people's complains. I don't mind if you disagree with the reasons some people are unhappy but you oversimplify their complains and then you talk about logic.

I went into my patreon billings and I misremembered I didn't support him for 2 years but for a bit more than a year. From the 10th October 2017 to November 2018, I didn't put every billing because the majority aren't alone these two were and if I start cropping everything what's the point.

Edit : It's to April 2019 since he didn't bill in December 2018 I thought I was the one who canceled I should've checked sooner

Last edited:
Reactions: Ak4m3 and elcxido

Frosty92

May 12, 2017
I already mentioned in a spoiler what happens to workers who are paid upfront... :HideThePain: I translate "mood" as bored or lazy, because we have a v0.8 game hanging. Pretty much all or almost all body models are one way or another way calculated by now. And male models don't have to be as good as female models in a hetero h game. The main creative work is done. Put what you have and what you liked in past together. If RonneRo is bored of the old female model then, probably, good idea would be to finish this game and create something new to play with. RonneRo must finish the project. If you start a Patreon page - be responsible. Don't be one of those fathers who abandon their children.. :KEK:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

makimango44

Oct 23, 2021
I already mentioned in a spoiler what happens to workers who are paid upfront... :HideThePain: I translate "mood" as bored or lazy, because we have a v0.8 game hanging. Pretty much all or almost all body models are one way or another way calculated by now. And male models don't have to be as good as female models in a hetero h game. The main creative work is done. Put what you have and what you liked in past together. If RonneRo is bored of the old female model then, probably, good idea would be to finish this game and create something new to play with. RonneRo must finish the project. If you start a Patreon page - be responsible. Don't be one of those fathers who abandon their children.. :KEK:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
The best part is, its just the Story he is working on. You know the text most people skip, there will be no additional H scenes.

killerjeb

Not Real Killer
Donor
Aug 9, 2018
I used a boss as an example not an argument, I used similar situations to put more perspective into my argument.

Even if I never gave a cent for Rannero you can still criticize how he handles his development cycle, a lot of people co
I was one of his patreon and my argument support my behavior since this is the reason why I stopped supporting him and I'm here explaining it to you since you misrepresent people's complains. I don't mind if you disagree with the reasons some people are unhappy but you oversimplify their complains and then you talk about logic.

I went into my patreon billings and I misremembered I didn't support him for 2 years but for a bit more than a year. From the 10th October 2017 to November 2018, I didn't put every billing because the majority aren't alone these two were and if I start cropping everything what's the point.

Edit : It's to April 2019 since he didn't bill in December 2018 I thought I was the one who canceled I should've checked sooner
You don't need to prove that you are a patreon , because that's not what my point is.

If you say the boss topic is just an example to provide more perspective, then I already point out previously why this is not a good example for your argument about the development cycle. And I never argue about the development cycle. It's surely bad to not release a version in two years. it's all Rannero's decision, he takes responsibility for his decision, whether the outcome is that he get less patreon or whatever.

My point is, if you read my response in the latest pages and I have mentioned it multiple times in this thread, no matter you are a patreon or not, complaining here about his development speed/cycle or other patreons that are still paying him (I am not sure if you complain this or not, but a lot complains here are about this) is of no use.

Reason being,

1) he won't come here to see any complains. patreon or discord is the place to give feedback, not here. The dev never come here as far as I know.

2) complaining here won't make the development progress faster, same reason as 1). furthermore, he can ignore all non-patreon's complains, because there is no impact on him.

3) convincing patreon s to stop paying him in this thread is useless, because I didn't see any ongoing patreon complains here, so I assume they are either satisfied with the update on scene drawing or they already stopped paying, or they just don't come here. No matter which is the case, I sincerely respect how they are spending their money. it's none of my business. However, I see a lot of people here call those patreons stupid, which is not acceptable for me at least.

4) complaining here just make the atmosphere here toxic. unlike a lot of other threads, this thread doesn't have any discussion on the routes, events, kinks etc, but only drama/complains. Or more accurately speaking, drama topic is much more popular in this thread than the actual discussion on the game itself. However, I can understand because there is no update for two years, there isn't much about the game to be discussed anymore. So maybe just let it be quiet for a while.

The reason why I bring up logic is that quite some people here can't see above 4 points which is straightforward logic result of facts. Each of those opinion from mine has facts as support. If anyone wanna change how I see the whole situation or those 4 points, please provide some facts or proof the "facts" that I said is wrong or inaccurate. (But you don't need to, just save yourself some time.) If the argument turns back to human rights, freedom of speech, etc. Sorry, they are not relevant.

HPZAT

Mar 9, 2018
Well, I would call a person, that regarding this game thinks that s/he is paying for something that s/he'll eventually get, a fool (tipping for already existing stuff or acting as a hopeful mecenate is another thing). There's nothing illogical in this and you should notice that a person can have all his/her facts straight and still be illogical or vice versa.

Reactions: Frosty92

XxLolxX1

May 16, 2017
Ploppity plop
I haven't read every post in this thread I come once in a while to see how it evolves so I don't know everything you said in this thread it was just the lack of logic or facts from the people complaining that I didn't find right.

Your 4 points are fair points, I do think that this drama might deter a lot of people from becoming patreons though, the main issue with your first point is that he can easily ban people or delete messages he finds "problematic" in his discord he can't here. ( Not saying he does it but he can if he chooses too )

Look I feel like you're moving the goal post, you said "I don't think those people have logic. They obviously don't consume any fact that doesn't support their opinion." from a comment who was oversimplifying complains. I'm not going to bother quoting the whole context you can just go back to your post that I replied to a page or two before. This had nothing to do with the 4 points you just made, people complain where they want and to who they want whether you find that meaningful or not. Complaining here might stop some people from becoming a patreon if that's their

You didn't say anything about the 4 points you just made, what you said points you to thinking the people complaining about Rannero have no logic and they don't consume and facts that doesn't support their opinion. Which is just plain wrong, there is a pattern with Rannero, anyone who uses facts and logic about him can see it. He took longer and longer to update the game at each update and he had excuses everytime.

And maybe the reason people don't discuss the routes, kinks, etc... much is because the game hasn't had anything new added to it in 2 years. And let's be honest this game story is basic, what is there to talk about ? If you want to talk story, routes, events, kinks, etc... It's not the right game for that from what I've seen there are no real "routes" you can miss events but it won't change the story ( at least from what I've seen ), the kinks aren't insane either and have been talked about a while ago, the only thing this game has to talk about is the art and Rannero's capacity to delay updates.

Frosty92

May 12, 2017
I would like to highlight that ban at Patreon doesn't only mute, but also block access to developer updates. If we compare Steam store (btw, the most popular game shop) to Patreon, at Steam forum ban is only forum ban. If you ignore multiple moderator warnings (you must be insane), only then you get muted, but you can continue to play all games and follow all updates. Also, at Steam store you can find both positive and negative reviews, and it doesn't ruin Steam. At Steam forums now people often make ridiculous topics with titles "do not buy" or "do not pre-order" and I see it getting a pass. Those people, btw, complain about finished games they didn't paid for.:KEK: Criticism is ok, because it can be ignored.

3.50 star(s) 84 Votes