VN Ren'Py Completed The Date [v1.0] [HoneyGames]

nathaniel5

Jul 5, 2017
This is awesome. I loved King of The Beach and was a patron at one point, but couldn't play your newer games on my Mac. Hoping for more of your projects on Ren'Py

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
It's genesis 2 characters so it's faster to render. I use basilar lights and low quality renders. fast postwork. I think I did all the renders in 3 hours. (first 5/6 renders where from old games)
Genesis 3 are way better for a thousand of reason but the renders take more time. I use these just to do a fast game.
Yes, Renpy it's easier than unity for a lot of things. I need to understand how to do some things and how to keep everything under control, in order. I nUnity it's easier but I 'm sure I'll find a way to do the same in renpy too.
should be the contrary...
gen2 have way more polygon than gen8 or 3... o_O
ya got powerful pc lol
hope you stay with ren'py for vn games and maybe unity for 3D games. its a bit of waste to use unity for such a vn imho.

HoneyGames

Game Developer
Jan 29, 2018
ya got powerful pc lol
hope you stay with ren'py for vn games and maybe unity for 3D games. its a bit of waste to use unity for such a vn imho.
Same render with a gen2 character is 5 minutes, with gen 3 is 10 minutes.
Don't ask me why. I don't know and I don't care hahahaha

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
ya got powerful pc lol
Not necessarily. You need to use at least a render subd level of 2 with Gen3, which blows up the poly count for the render. You don't have to do that for Gen2 or V4.
But in any case render time is never a problem for daylight renders without any water if you know what you are doing.
Even with only medium hardware you can create a very good render in less than 10 minutes. So doing 10 or 15 renders only takes 1 or 2 hours to render. If you render just a girl and add the background (photo or whatever), render time is less than 2 minutes. So there is not really an excuse for pixelated low quality renders any more and using Gen2 or Gen3 doesn't really matter. It's all about lighting and the shader settings.

Same render with a gen2 character is 5 minutes, with gen 3 is 10 minutes.
Don't ask me why. I don't know and I don't care hahahaha
You really should try to understand Daz and Iray better. In the end it will save you a ton of time and you will get better results.

EDIT: I've attached a render that took 8 minutes on a 1070ti + 970 in 2560x1440 resolution. Without the pool water it would have been at least 2 or 3 minutes faster.
Heather_pool_sunbed_pose8_swim2.jpg

EDIT2: Did the same render with 1280x720 without the water and without the genitals - 1 minute 10 seconds:
Heather_pool_sunbed_pose8_swim2_small.jpg

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
Not necessarily. You need to use at least a render subd level of 2 with Gen3, which blows up the poly count for the render. You don't have to do that for Gen2 or V4.
But in any case render time is never a problem for daylight renders without any water if you know what you are doing.
Even with only medium hardware you can create a very good render in less than 10 minutes. So doing 10 or 15 renders only takes 1 or 2 hours to render. If you render just a girl and add the background (photo or whatever), render time is less than 2 minutes. So there is not really an excuse for pixelated low quality renders any more and using Gen2 or Gen3 doesn't really matter. It's all about lighting and the shader settings.

You really should try to understand Daz and Iray better. In the end it will save you a ton of time and you will get better results.

EDIT: I've attached a render that took 8 minutes on a 1070ti + 970 in 2560x1440 resolution. Without the pool water it would have been at least 2 or 3 minutes faster.
View attachment 276986

EDIT2: Did the same render with 1280x720 without the water and without the genitals - 1 minute 10 seconds:
View attachment 276989
you cant use the background/chars technique all the time, otherwise you will kill the render with some weird shadow, specially in large view. that technique is good for close view.
but anyway, i cant say because i dont render on GPU sooo yea, shit tons of time for me whatever the stuff in it. (and gen2 too wayyyy more time to be rendered than gen 8 for me)

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
you cant use the background/chars technique all the time, otherwise you will kill the render with some weird shadow, specially in large view. that technique is good for close view.
but anyway, i cant say because i dont render on GPU sooo yea, shit tons of time for me whatever the stuff in it. (and gen2 too wayyyy more time to be rendered than gen 8 for me)
No one said you can do it all the time. But in a lot of the renders in this game it was done. And trust me I know what you can do and when and what you can't :) I have created more than 6000 renders the last 10 years. Not all of them using Iray. In the beginning there was nothing like that. It's a learning curve. Unfortunately most of the game creators don't really know what they are doing. So my post was also kind of a wake up call to learn and evolve.

Reactions: camberhorse

HoneyGames

Game Developer
Jan 29, 2018
No one said you can do it all the time. But in a lot of the renders in this game it was done. And trust me I know what you can do and when and what you can't :) I have created more than 6000 renders the last 10 years. Not all of them using Iray. In the beginning there was nothing like that. It's a learning curve. Unfortunately most of the game creators don't really know what they are doing. So my post was also kind of a wake up call to learn and evolve.
first of all sorry for my english.
I know most of the things you said.
I mean, these 2 characters I used for this game I know it looks good and they're fast to render. ( they've got no special things to make them appear older or muscolarity or other stuff I usually use for my characters)
The background is always rendered with the characters, I use a roll on in the backround with the beach image and I add just the watchtower and the fence.
I used just 2 simple directional light and the headlamp camera light so the renders comes faster. I rendered at low quality anfd then I fastly postworked with photoshop just to reduce grain.
The renders aren't really good but it looks good.
It's just a test game.

Prokopije

Stupidity Exterminator
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
So impossible for BJ?
It's possible, but you'll need to open script to follow path. At least I did that. Game is made that if you made even one wrong choice you'll get nothing. And there's a lot of choices. Without WK it's useles to play, unless players are people who like to replay games million times to get right outcome.

Reactions: Pumpkin1984

HoneyGames

Game Developer
Jan 29, 2018
It's possible, but you'll need to open script to follow path. At least I did that. Game is made that if you made even one wrong choice you'll get nothing. And there's a lot of choices. Without WK it's useles to play, unless players are people who like to replay games million times to get right outcome.
You can get a couple of wrong choice and reach the sex scenes.
I'l upload an easier version of the game. I didn't wrote it before I built it so I go "freestyle" I'll make the variabe to get awards lower so it will be easier.

Amfunny

Aug 18, 2017
You can get a couple of wrong choice and reach the sex scenes.
I'l upload an easier version of the game. I didn't wrote it before I built it so I go "freestyle" I'll make the variabe to get awards lower so it will be easier.
Okay cant wait for that then

Reactions: Pumpkin1984