The Daz Studio and Related Product Deals Thread (Daz3D, Renderosity, Renderotica, etc.)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
View attachment 2663959

Dear Daz.

Stick your freebie into your *censored*.
I've once installed DazCentral and I'm still suffering from the problems resulting from that.
According to the forums, it seems that this is an error. These messages were supposed to be sent only to new registered users and they finally finished in everybody account.

Did I hear "amateurish"?

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
According to the forums, it seems that this is an error. These messages were supposed to be sent only to new registered users and they finally finished in everybody account.

Did I hear "amateurish"?
The intern (Andy) was testing his HTML Skills on the production server ... I found no free stuff in either DC or DIM ... [EDIT] The full message had DIM instructions too [/EDIT]

1685556635741.png

... Just spotted I got 3 undread messages ... will investigate and report if anything worthwhile comes of it ...

Last edited:

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
1685557429829.png

Of the 3 messages, this one seems to work ... - not Daz+ GC or Membership

Coupon Code: BIG-DEALZ

Says it works 3 times ... not tested - expires at Daz Midnight ...

Last edited:

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
View attachment 2665047

Coupon Code: BIG-DEALS

Yup! Still Andy testing his HTML ... Coupon Code is good for three uses ... only downside, it downloads empty HTML as well ... all products have shown up in my Product Library

[EDIT] I got 1 G8 Character and 2 Outfit Textures for $0.99 or less each :p [/EDIT]

1685559406885.png

• Red Heart
Reactions: ghostship

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
View attachment 2665047

Coupon Code: BIG-DEALZ

I also had these messages, but when I wanted to use them they had disappeared.
The BIG-DEALZ code worked though.

I have serious doubts about the hiring of Andy at the end of his internship...

tk99

Jun 3, 2019
I have serious doubts about the hiring of Andy at the end of his internship...

I would suggest Elon buys Daz.
Ok, 80% will get fired, but hey, Twitter is still running.
And with 80% of the Daz guys fired it can't get worse, I would start with 100% of the marketing and QA department.

(yes, I know. No, I don't want to discuss Musk :p Just stating facts)

> The BIG-DEALZ code worked though.

And AFTER i used it I got a mail "Hey, deal for you".... *sigh*

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020

Up to 60% off with buy-in

Cheapest item:
Cheapest item:
Cheapest item:

Annual Daz+ Membership (Full Price): $70.00
Current Offer with no Buy-in: $49.00 (30% off) <- Best Buy?
Current Offer with 1 Buy-in (cheapest): $53.89 (23% off)
Current Offer with 2 Buy-in (cheapest): $51.78 (26% off)
:LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
This is the least money I've spent so far in a PC+/Daz+ sale so far, just sayin...

Essentially, thanks for the shout out for that $5 coupon thing, I spent a couple of bucks on three items, but that's it for me so far. Sure, it's only a couple of days into June, but unless the Daz sales team steps up their game, yeah it'll be the least money I've spent in a PC+/Daz+ June sale ever!

Other than putting the monthly Daz+ coupons to use, which will push my spending into the $15-20 range for the month, I'll probably sit the entire sale out, unless freebies pop up.

Your move, Daz sales team!
:rolleyes:

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020

Coupon Code: JOYOUS-8

By my calculations if you get your cart to a value of around $33.33, with 8 Tokens and this coupon you should achieve 64% to stack on top of any promo discount used ... not actually tried it though
my head hurts now, so I'm going to lie down

Last edited:

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017

Coupon Code: DAZ-SAVINGZ
I managed to get the six items using just the two Daz+ new freebies as my 'buy-in', I'd imagine that they may 'fix' this oversight if they haven't already, but in the meantime...

Thanks for the heads up!

Hopefully this isn't the 'only way' we get $1.99 Daz+ for a day going forward.

Schlongborn

May 4, 2019
Not entirely fitting here, but since this thread is about Daz assets: it says USD/Omniverse support is coming to Daz3D.

Tafi currently allows users to output high-quality characters from Daz Studio into popular game engines and 3D software applications in native formats, including Unreal, Unity, Blender, Autodesk 3ds Max, Autodesk Maya and Maxon Cinema 4D, and its next update will include NVIDIA’s Omniverse via support for Universal Scene Description (OpenUSD)OpenUSD.

tk99

Jun 3, 2019
Not entirely fitting here, but since this thread is about Daz assets: it says USD/Omniverse support is coming to Daz3D.

"Yeah, NFT hype is done. what can we jump on next? "
"Right, AI. Let users create their own characters!"
"Uhmmmm.... What about our artists?"
"Don't care, we must do something with AI!"

User
"Hey Daz, how about a working ik/fk solution, working cloth and hair sim, softbodies, fixing a few hundred timeline problems?"
Daz
"AI!"

Hey Daz, how stupid can you be?
Daz: Yes.

Schlongborn

May 4, 2019
Who needs Daz for it? Just to get some characters in there?
I think they'd be happy if they could retire Daz and _only_ sell 3D thirst traps. Only one of those makes them money.

EDIT: Actually no, I don't think that. They took away the platform advantage from Poser, they probably wouldn't want to just give it away to Nvidia. But only because it would limit their ability to sell 3D assets.

tk99

Jun 3, 2019
They've answered some questions on Twitter.
Looks like they plan to pay the creators which models are used to create a new character some money.

So that's the "AI" version of the metamixer toolkit (which i even didn't install)

I think they'd be happy if they could retire Daz and _only_ sell 3D thirst traps. Only one of those makes them money.

EDIT: Actually no, I don't think that. They took away the platform advantage from Poser, they probably wouldn't want to just give it away to Nvidia. But only because it would limit their ability to sell 3D assets.
The Daz characters are way to "special" to sell them only as assets.
Iray will limit the usage to Daz (or you are very good at reshading in other programs), the Daz rig isn't compatible to any other program, the mesh (at least G8) isn't good enough for softbodies and a few other things.

Daz 5 has been postponed now for ... 3 times?
Without even knowing what it will bring.
First trying to lure people to 8.1, after that failed (i guess) the G9 - which isn't working with Blender (or other programs, as of now).
So no improvement there, just raising the prices and jumping on every marketing bullshit bingo that's out there.

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
Well if you are going to spend that much, this might come in handy:

with coupon code: HAPPY-SAVING

Reactions: amster22 and OhWee
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote