The Daz Studio and Related Product Deals Thread (Daz3D, Renderosity, Renderotica, etc.)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
Not sure what you mean with 3 purchases? I just used the 20$ off coupon to get some stuff for free. Roughly 20$ worth.

EDIT: seems to imply you can only buy one, but I got three without problem (paid a couple of cents in the end though).
the first coupon gave $20.00 off DOs, I got 91% off a DO bundle. Yes, I did notice bigger than expected discount on the cart; but, then I was mixing it with tokens and Promo deals and it got too complex for my little brain. Also, there are (were?) quite a few DO with added discounts at the moment

Since you can only use one coupon at a time, the second one promised 20% off the next purchase ... that's how I make it 3:
  1. 20$ off coupon + whatever tokens and deals you basket.
  2. 20% off next purchase promise coupon - no extra discount, only tokens and promo deals
  3. Receive 20% + whatever tokens and deals you basket

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Be aware that if you are cart building at Daz3D.com today, the discount coupon will apply to the first non-free and non-prereq new purchase. I have the Power Tools Daz+ freebie and another freebie for buying two spotlight releases, and had to rearrange my cart to get the 30% off coupon to apply to my most expensive item (a bundle) to go along with those stupid token discounts...

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Caution!

Be aware that if you earned Daz tokens say yesterday, they expire at Daz Midnight tonight (Friday). They usually stick around for say 4 days, but a couple of people have noted that their recently earned tokens are expiring today. I earned a bunch of tokens yesterday, thinking they'd last until Sunday maybe (and hence fall under my July Daz+ coupons) but noooo...

Someone theorized in the discussions/sales issue reporting thread on the Daz3D.com forum that maybe the tokens are finally going away. Chris Palamino's response is interesting...

Today is the final day of the June Daz+ sale. They often extend these monthly, but if your tokens aren't sticking around...

I for one would welcome the demise of the Token system, but I'm not getting my hopes up. Note that I'm also annoyed that the 'four day rule' is suddenly gone. I checked the token info page, and said 'four day' language has been removed.
:mad:

The only reason I was playing the token game at all was because of a few decent deals in the June Daz+ sale, but my spending was still down a lot from last year. My store credit is now at 0, awaiting the next fairly decent deal on gift cards...
:cautious:

Schlongborn

May 4, 2019
The only reason I was playing the token game at all was because of a few decent deals in the June Daz+ sale, but my spending was still down a lot from last year. My store credit is now at 0, awaiting the next fairly decent deal on gift cards...
I have a a gift card in my cart just to check and I had 10% off it for what feels like weeks now. Even without any sale going on. With some of the recent coupons it went up to as much as 20%, but nothing really mind shattering.

Schlongborn

May 4, 2019
They removed the NFT section from the main menu:
no-more-nft.PNG
Guess that means that particular grift is now deader then dead. Who would've thought...

Anyways, there is now a link to a new "bridges" page: which tells us about the upcoming nvidia omniverse integration (among the other, already existing, bridges). More to come soon I guess.

EDIT: Oh, and it says Daz 5 in the little picture.
coming-soon-to-daz-5.PNG

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Be aware that the July PCDaz+ coupons are active currently... well maybe. I see the codes, but they aren't applying to my cart so maybe nevermind then?

Last edited:

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
I'd celebrate loudly the demise of the tokens, but I don't want to jinx it...

I'm not seeing an 'offset' in the extended sale today, other than possibly buying a $300+ gift card first to get 20% off... fortunately I bought pretty much all of the stuff I wanted already out of the June sales, that wasn't too expensive for my tastes, so pretty much all I was planning on at this point was recharging my store credit one more time.

There's the 30% extra off for wishlist items, but I already took advantage of that in recent days.

oaiki ended up getting a couple of offers that I was apparently not eligible for, despite the large chunks of change I've spent at Daz3D.com over the last few years, so apparently being a 'veteran customer' didn't really mean anything to the Daz sales team. I guess we'll see if that attitude changes at all in the coming weeks. There's still a number of things on my wishlist, but as I've said before they are more 'wants' than 'needs'. So it'll be up the Daz sales team to win back my willingness to shop going forward.

And no more tokens please! Not sure if the Daz sales team has spies amongst our ranks, but this thread does show up in google searches depending on the search terms involved.

Last edited:

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
@oaiki ended up getting a couple of offers that I was apparently not eligible for, despite the large chunks of change I've spent at Daz3D.com over the last few years, so apparently being a 'longtime customer' didn't really mean anything to the Daz sales team.
Customer loyalty only ever works one way, the newbie is always easier to fleece; anyway, I'll probably be joining you soon as I will be shifting my focus from building my library to actually producing stuff ... maybe ...

Schlongborn

May 4, 2019
Speaking of bridges, KitBash3D has a new thing called Cargo3D, so a piece of software to manage your assets and load them into Blender, Unreal, etc.:

Plus you can get access to the entire KitBash3D library for 780$ per year.

Also tried to check the license for that, and what do you know, it now says this:
The User must not:
[...]
Use Cargo or assets downloaded from Cargo for any “AI Input or Training Related Purposes,” as defined below.
So, no using of KitBash3D to train your own AssetGPT guys.

EDIT: What I wanted to know is answered here:
Hey ! When you cancel Cargo Pro, you will no longer be able to import the assets you downloaded into a new scene, but any scenes you have already created won't be affected. This Help Article has some more detail:

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
With the end of the June sales, this is much calmer at daz3D.
Just a little trick that can be interesting. There is a coupon HPPY-JULY that adds 60%off to up to 5 DOs.
60% alone is not that much and there are not many stacking opportunities. But check the "lightning deals". If you find some assets that you like, it is very likely that the coupon will turn tem to 90%off. (single use)

Also, we were expecting the end of the token brain-damage. But there is now a specific link on the front page
:(

Also, renderosity has extended the storewide 50% off sale till Tuesday July 4 (Coincidence? I think not!). With a coupon, it can be interesting for rarely discounted assets.
Coupon Reminder: 15%off for everybody COMMNEWSJUN2023P15B5 20%off prime PRIME2023JULP20B5

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
There's a 4th of July DO Freebie with coupon thing going on at Daz3D.com today, along with a few other deals. Such as an extra 45% off previously wishlisted items, $2.99/$1.99 for select items, etc.. Definitely pay the shop page a visit and check out the scrolling banners.

Other than the freebie, the other deals aren't horribly bad, so might be worth a looksee. The discounts aren't all that interesting, the extra 45% off wishlist stuff might help, YMMV. The $1.99 deal is 'in lieu of' the 45% off wishlist deal, and is mostly older items. So overall, kind of 'meh' but if you have tokens you want to burn before they expire...

Also note that if you bought stuff on Friday/Saturday, when the tokens 'disappeared' temporarily, you may have earned some of those evil tokens...

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote