The Daz Studio and Related Product Deals Thread (Daz3D, Renderosity, Renderotica, etc.)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Schlongborn

May 4, 2019
Have you guys ever bought anything over at Reallusion? They are kind of worse then Daz in terms of their sales... hard to believe, I know! But try them...

Anyways, I mention them because they do actually have a stacking coupon currently, 100$ off of an order of at least 199$, and a 40% welcome coupon, both can be combined to get something like 70% off or so and it applies to everything in their content store, so also all of their nicer motion packs. I don't go there _that_ often, so I don't know exactly how good it is, but it seems kind of good.

Reactions: amster22 and oaiki

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
:FacePalm: why O why did I not think of that! ... mind you, at least now I have something to wear on my summer holiday ...
Repurchasing is not so straightforward and can only be done if you somehow plan it.

A couple of years ago, you just had to click on the upper right button "Add to Cart" in the product page (even if it indicated "Purchased"), and it was something done very frequently to enjoy sales without paying insane buy-ins.

Then they suppressed this ability: if the button is "Purchased", it leads you to the download page, and, in an asset list page, the small cart icon at the lower right of a product turns to a download icon if the item is purchased.

But, if a page with a product list is opened before you purchase a given product, you can still repurchase this product with the small cart icon at the lower right of the product picture. It is also possible if a product page is opened before the product is purchased and displays the "Add to cart" button. Note that once you click on it, the icon/button changes and you can no longer repurchase the item.

Hence, if you plan to buy something several times, you need to open one or several pages that displays the product before buying it, and you must not refresh this page.

Last edited:
Reactions: oaiki and orgtech

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
So when you re-purchase the same item, is it free or something? Or are you actually paying them twice for the same item?
In the old days you paid for it again, I've not used amster22's trick so cannot confirm; but I suspect you will do.

In the end it depends how much what you are buying-in with it is worth; yesterday I fancied the dress anyway and had it on my Daz-Deals notification list and the window seat had been there for a long time without sufficient discount, so I just looked like a good deal ...

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
So when you re-purchase the same item, is it free or something? Or are you actually paying them twice for the same item?
It is paid twice and it only makes sense if it is a cheap item that unlocks interesting deals. In this specific situation, the item was $3.4 and it got me for free a recent DO item that I like and that was around $30. So I got the DO item for $3.4 instead of $30 and I considered it as a good deal.

After that, you must consider other scenarios. So, I am ready to pay the DO item for $3.4. What if I replace the dual-paid asset with another one to get the freebie? It somehow means that I can consider that I accept to pay the freebie for $3.4 and that I can "reduce" but $3.4 the price of the unlocking item. I somehow liked some hair in yesterday assets, but it was around $12 and even with a "reduction" of $3.4, I considered that it was not a good deal. So I preferred to repurchase the asset.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Just a note that it's the final 'catch up' weekend for the Daz+ summer sale over at Daz3D.com.

Also, Daz 4.23 Preview edition is apparently a thing now. Isn't preview just another word for beta?

I'm still using Daz 4.16, so don't look to me for any opinions!

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Another quick note.

Supposedly it's the last 24 hours of the Daz+ Summer Sale. What's notable is that ALL ARTISTS have been included in today's sale.

The rest of the deals are 'more of the usual', but note that All Artists being on sale means that pretty much all of the items in Lightning Deals have higher discounts, if such things interest you.

Schlongborn

May 4, 2019
Supposedly it's the last 24 hours of the Daz+ Summer Sale.
My spidey senses tell me it's going to be extended tomorrow. Also, for artists it's not the best sale because there is no extra 20% stacking like they had earlier this month. The Daz+ items and also a lot of bundles seem to have relatively high discounts though (92% on bundles with 8 tokens for me, many Daz+ items for under 1$).

Last edited:
Reactions: amster22 and OhWee

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
My spidey senses tell me it's going to be extended tomorrow. Also, for artists it's not the best sale because there is no extra 20% stacking like they had earlier this month. The Daz+ items and also a lot of bundles seem to have relatively high discounts though (92% on bundles with 8 tokens for me, many Daz+ items for under 1$).
Sale extended, you get a cookie!

MegDarthCookies.jpg

Schlongborn

May 4, 2019
There is a 50% off sale at renderosity going on. I only noticed because I sometimes look if supermassive is on sale:

The sale applies to everything (I think), and at least for the supermassive items coupons work, so maybe that makes it interesting.

Also noticed that Vicey3D actually still adds new models:

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
So, today's is the usual complicated mess and lots of effort for little gain.

However, you can manipulate it to get a better discount on items you may have an eye on but are not in your Wishlist, Daz-Deals Individual Item Notifications for example, by adding the items to your Wishlist.

Yes, at the moment, items added to Wishlist now qualify, subject to the promo's restrictions ... still a bit of work to find the best item/discount combos but what else is there to do on a dank afternoon?

Schlongborn

May 4, 2019
So, today's is the usual complicated mess and lots of effort for little gain.
I would just wait, they just switched from "non stacking summer sale" to these "daily but stacking" promos. So the one that comes tomorrow makes it so you can add the new item to your cart and then get another 20% off of some subset of items + this wishlist sale thing. Maybe just add what you want to the wishlist now, then check if its cheaper tomorrow.

Plus the sale isn't all that good, so even if I am wrong you are not losing much. And July 4th is coming too which is another chance for a somewhat good sale, your gift card money is better spent then.

Unless you have 8 tokens that expire today I wouldn't buy anything.

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
I am surprised myself how correct this turned out to be. Actually it is 20% off the entire cart.
but, but ... using 8 tokens I just got 33% of a GC (including the buy-in) ... there may be a buglet in the discount calculation:

@ $6.58
@$3.95
$500 @ $320.00

gave a total of: $330.53 ...

The bundle by itself, only achieved 20ish% (DAZ arithmetic with extra rounding up)

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
but, but ... using 8 tokens I just got 33% of a GC (including the buy-in) ... there may be a buglet in the discount calculation:

@ $6.58
@$3.95
$500 @ $320.00

gave a total of: $330.53 ...

The bundle by itself, only achieved 20ish% (DAZ arithmetic with extra rounding up)
I did some experiments. The glitch seems to come from the flower bundle. With any of the other combinations (another bundle, several new releases), the discount is only 20%. With the garden flower bundle, it is 36% (probably 20% applied twice). And the tokens do not change anything (for the GC of course).

Wow!! Best glitch in months!! Thanks for the heads-up oaiki!

Schlongborn

May 4, 2019
there may be a buglet in the discount calculation
The forums also figured it out, so if this is really a bug, then it will probably be fixed soon.

EDIT: Also, it is not the Flowers that triggers it, it is either just any of the three new bundles, or just two new debut items. I think, just tried again with the Dakota bundle + another new item and it worked still.

Last edited:

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
The forums also figured it out, so if this is really a bug, then it will probably be fixed soon.

EDIT: Also, it is not the Flowers that triggers it, it is either just any of the three new bundles, or just two new debut items. I think, just tried again with the Dakota bundle + another new item and it worked still.
So, unless we use amster22's trick to re-purchase a non-bundle new release we can only do it twice ... :unsure: ... today ...

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
So, unless we use amster22's trick to re-purchase a non-bundle new release we can only do it twice ... :unsure: ... today ...
The discount is great, but with a high buy-in. For a GC, it is very interesting, otherwise, not sure (maybe combined with the wishlist sale of yesterday). And if it is a repurchase, the buy-in is somehow even steeper.

Anyway if it is a bug, it will be rapidly fixed.
But if it is not, I'd rather keep it to stack with the independence day sale (tomorrow)...

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote