The Daz Studio and Related Product Deals Thread (Daz3D, Renderosity, Renderotica, etc.)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
I think the Daz Store is broken (again).

Or do they really offer G2 crap for 2.99$?
Today, you can have the same thing at $5 (or $3 if you buy 10 of them).
So nothing really appealing at daz.

Except a new bunch of "weekly" freebies. Mostly old stuff, nothing mind blowing IMO, but it is free.

And at rendo several vendors at 60% off until Sunday (Rhiannon, Rainbowlight, Vyktohria, ...)

Reactions: OhWee and tk99

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
For Daz3D.com freebies, there's a couple of ways I check for these:

And, at least once a week (usually on a Thursday or Friday), I'll go to:

And sort the page contents by price low to high, and also double check by sorting by % off. Today I noticed that there were actually quite a few freebies in the 'shop page sort' if I unchecked the 'hide items I own' box, well over a dozen, so if you are newer to the game, well it's always good to double check for freebies!

As amster22 mentioned, new batch of freebies. There are a couple of fun hairstyles being offered. They are older, but somewhat unique. Could be useful to someone, I'm thinking background characters if nothing else. I haven't experimented them to see how a decent hair shader product might improve upon them, but sometimes you can get some interesting results with those.

These aren't on sale ATM, and looking at the sales history you may end up waiting until Fall 2022 before the price drops below $3 again, but I use them often enough and it's worth wishlisting these for later.

Looking at the sales history here, they haven't went on sale (according to Daz Deals) for less than $5, but who knows with stacking discounts or whatever.

Outoftouch has these ones over at Renderosity.

These ones are currently on sale over at Renderosity for 60% off, and appear to be coupon eligible:

There's a few others too. My point here is that hair shaders can be lots of fun, depending on how cooperative the hair is! Not always though... Still, you can never have enough hairstyles when trying to create unique characters!

Anyways, my main point here was to suggest adding checking the main Shop page for freebies via a 'sort price by low to high' sort to your weekly routine when visiting Daz3D.com. This can also help catch instances of extreme discount stacking, although that's been less of a thing lately.

The daily holiday freebies, yeah watch for those too. It looks like the Daz sales team currently are leaving two previous days in the rotation in case you miss a day, but I wouldn't count on that, as the Daz sales team are fickle beasts...

As for the 'meh' December holiday sale, my Daz budget needed a break anyways!

Last edited:
Reactions: amster22

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
For those of you that may have missed one or more of the Daz3D.com holiday freebies, all are available again today:

Also, any fans of the 1984 Dune movie probably should wishlist this guy for later...

As for the rest of today's Daz3D.com sale, nothing is jumping out at me, others should take a look and see if there's anything notable going on.

On another note, I REALLY am not liking the latest shop page design. Also, they broke a few of the Daz Deals sort options. Those might come back later, but I liked the shop page layout just fine until they redesigned it last year, and this is even more annoying. Why can't they leave well enough alone?

Reactions: oaiki and amster22

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
As for the rest of today's Daz3D.com sale, nothing is jumping out at me, others should take a look and see if there's anything notable going on.
There is a good enough proposal with the 'Select Daz Original Stocking Stuffers'. These assest are somehow recent DO items that can be bought for $3 (with a new or still new release). Some are initially over $30 and $3 is a very good discount.

Also a free hair item associated with the NFT stuff with the DAZ121821 coupon

Last, there is a Jay tutorial tonight

As a side note, the page of the tutorial was incorrectly leading to the the future front page of Monday. It is now fixed, but I can tell for sure that there is a gift card sale on Monday: 20% with any new release (and no stacking with the loyalty discount :().

On another note, I REALLY am not liking the latest shop page design. Also, they broke a few of the Daz Deals sort options. Those might come back later, but I liked the shop page layout just fine until they redesigned it last year, and this is even more annoying. Why can't they leave well enough alone?
Completely agree. It is now impossible to search for a specific artist, just a check box list. Very annoying if you have a large item list.

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
there are a couple of 65% or more in today's "50% storewide sale" which with a max loyalty discount makes it 74% (ish)

don't know if it is DAZ new Layout or DAZ Deals but I gor check boxes for wishlist and show only owned on the listing page ,,, no sort by % though

Last edited:
Reactions: amster22 and OhWee

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Extra! Extra! Today only! Get your free G8F virtual hottie!

Frankie for G8F

FrankieG8F_OhWee.jpg

For those of you that might be wondering how she looks nekkid...
:p

As for what sales may be going on today, I have no idea. I'm sidetracked atm..

Reactions: oaiki and amster22

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
1639984513403.png

15% OFF Gift Cards - Get 20% OFF* a Gift Card when you buy any New Release over $1

*Items must be in cart simultaneously for discount to apply. Holiday Loyaly Discount doesn’t apply to this offer.

Today's Holiday Freebie: Used Toothpaste :rolleyes:

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Many sales at rendo (sorted by deadline)

Some products at 70%off until Tuesday

Some artists stores at 50-60% off until Wednesday

250 festive products (mostly female clothing) at 55%/65%prime until Thursday

Some other artists stores at 50-70% off until Friday

tk99

Jun 3, 2019
Today's Holiday Freebie: Used Toothpaste :rolleyes:
Best Holiday Sale ever!
So many nice items AND a used toothpaste for free!

Last year I would have jumped on the GC sale at once.
Looking at the sales in the last 3 month: I don't think I need ANY store credit at daz in the next year.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Another virtual gal in the Renderosity daily XMas freebie thing...

vanessag3fg8f.jpg

She's kind of cute. I'd probably redial her body, but then I like 'idealized' gals...

I do appreciate everyone else posting daily sales updates, thanks y'all!

Reactions: amster22 and oaiki

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
Nothing to write home about on DAZ today ...

Renderosity's DAZ offering for today:

and

Reactions: OhWee and amster22

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
At rendo some artists stores at 50-60% until Sunday

At daz3D, several freebies: the advent freebie, the new PC+ freebie, and you can get a free beast with the NFT stuff
Besides that nothing out of the ordinary.

Reactions: oaiki and OhWee

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Renderosity has a few vendors on sale atm for 50-70% off between now and XMas...

And of course, grab your daily freebies!

Renderotica has a few sales going on atm, some as high as 50% off:

Daz3D.com is up to the usual. Grab your holiday freebies though!

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
A few stores, including Hivewire3D, at Renderosity are 50-70% until 11:59 pm Tennessee USA time on Tuesday December 28th:

Note that Hivewire's Dawn SE and Dusk SE are Daz Studio compatible as well as for Poser, as is most of their stuff... not sure if anyone uses Poser here (I have it but almost never use it), but the both DS and Poser compatible thing is notable.

Last edited:

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
I have a question, and this seems like as good a place to ask as any. I'm a novice to DAZ, so I apologize if this is basic, but would this Breast Utilities asset work with Gen 8.1 models?

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
I have a question, and this seems like as good a place to ask as any. I'm a novice to DAZ, so I apologize if this is basic, but would this Breast Utilities asset work with Gen 8.1 models?

I'm still using Daz Studio 4.12.086, so I'm a bit behind the times. I'm pretty sure that there are others here that are using Daz Studio 4.16 so they should be able to give you an answer fairly quickly.

Not sure if you might also be looking at breast utilities 2 or not, but the second version is advertised as supporting both 8 and 8.1:

This Reddit posts says that G8 morphs will work with G8.1 IF you are using Daz Studio 4.15 or newer:

But as I noted, I'm sure that others can verify this shortly.

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
I'm still using Daz Studio 4.12.086, so I'm a bit behind the times. I'm pretty sure that there are others here that are using Daz Studio 4.16 so they should be able to give you an answer fairly quickly.

Not sure if you might also be looking at breast utilities 2 or not, but the second version is advertised as supporting both 8 and 8.1:

This Reddit posts says that G8 morphs will work with G8.1 IF you are using Daz Studio 4.15 or newer:

But as I noted, I'm sure that others can verify this shortly.
I was looking at breast utilities 2, good assumption. My understanding of BU2 was that it worked in conjunction with BU1, so that you would need both. Is that incorrect? Is BU2 meant as a complete alternative to BU1?

Either way, that reddit thread was super helpful. Thanks. :)

Reactions: OhWee
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote