The Daz Studio and Related Product Deals Thread (Daz3D, Renderosity, Renderotica, etc.)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
I was looking at breast utilities 2, good assumption. My understanding of BU2 was that it worked in conjunction with BU1, so that you would need both. Is that incorrect? Is BU2 meant as a complete alternative to BU1?
BU 2 is completely different from BU1. BU1 was a mean to add morphs to breasts, while BU2 is only on breast texture. It can work on any breast. It can also work on other parts f the body.
You can have a look at this thread at daz3D. Some people are even very excited by BU2 because the shaders provided with BU2 allows at the same time to have fine details and an opacity map (and hence to use it on a geoshell) and they consider using the shader scheme on many different things (fabric, walls, etc).

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
I'm tunnel vision focused on my FmF project this week guys (we are pushing hard to see if we can wrap things up and have it ready and released before the New Year), so I won't be watching for any deals very closely.

This is probably the cheapest December I've had since I started doing this Daz thing almost five years ago. Been some good deals over at Renderosity, but I'm pinching my pennies. The Daz3D.com sales team has made it pretty easy for me to take a break from shopping as well. I guess we'll see if there are any last minute killer deals, but I'm not holding my breath...

Thanks again to everyone who's been calling out deals in this thread. It helps out our Daz budgets a lot!

Happy holidays everyone!
;)

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
At rendo, several items at 70% off until Tuesday. Probably worth a look.

At daz3D, nothing really enticing.
With the notable exception of the daily Xmas freebie and a free DO item with the NFT discord. It can be picked from a very large list of 8k items and many interesting rather recent assets are included

Requires coupon DAZ122721

PS: Good luck OhWee with FmF

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: OhWee

Boogie

Aug 7, 2017
Can anyone advise what the Renderosity freebies were on the 24th? I wasn't at home so couldn't download them, but I did take a quick look and if I remember correctly, there was a nice Female model and something from TruForm? I want to see if I can find them somewhere. Thanks!

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Can anyone advise what the Renderosity freebies were on the 24th? I wasn't at home so couldn't download them, but I did take a quick look and if I remember correctly, there was a nice Female model and something from TruForm? I want to see if I can find them somewhere. Thanks!
Public Courtyard TruForm
Fayette G8F-V8 Tempesta3d
(and I think a couple of 'La Femme' assets that I did not note).

Reactions: Boogie

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Flash sale at daz3D. 500 DO items at $2.99 Includes some g3 or older bundles ; all items are at 90% off or more.

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
At rendo, wishlist sale. All wishlisted items at 50% (and indeed, I see all items at 50%, even if they are not on my wishlist).

Lasts until Friday

At daz3D, nothing really special, except the daily Xmas freebie and a new PC+ freebie.

Schlongborn

May 4, 2019
1229-flashsale-02.jpg
And its not even bad. Several Pro Bundles at >80% off.

EDIT: You can actually use this discount multiple times, which I assume is not intended.

Last edited:
Reactions: oaiki and OhWee

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Thanks Schlongborn !

I was looking for a place to fire off my December Plat Club coupon. This 80% off sale did the trick!

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Over at Daz3D.com today, all of the holiday freebies have returned, so you have one last chance to snag any that you may have missed:

Also, 50% off storewide. BTW, I did try putting a Daz+ membership in my cart, alas, no discount...

I'm guessing that gift cards are also locked out, I may try real quick but I doubt that there will be any discount...

Anyways, if you missed any Daz3D.com holiday freebies this month, now's your chance!

Reactions: oaiki and amster22

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Also, at daz3D, a new set of bi-weekly freebies. Mostly old stuff as usual, but it is free!

Reactions: oaiki

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Happy new year to everybody!

Rendo wishlist sale has been extended for today. All(?) items at 50% (and at least the ones on your wishlist).

And if you are prime, the january 20% prime coupon has been posted PRIME2022JANP20B5

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Today at daz3D 15% off gift cards with any new release.

Also, with the purchase of a 'New Year, New Savings(?)' new item, you get 3(5 for PC+) free items.
(Seems great, but these select items are PC+ and are regularly heavily discounted in a BYOB sale with 8 items for $2.99. So the gift is very small. But if you are interested by some of these new releases, it is a good enough and obviously better than nothing.)

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Some offers at rendo

Some products at 60%off (only today)

A set of items at 70%off (until Tuesday)

Some kind of flash sale with products at 60% off during 6 hours

It seems that they will have this kind of offer twice everyday during 6h. The present offer is almost finished if my timezone conversion is correct, but another one should take place 6 hours after.

Reactions: OhWee and oaiki

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
OK, so there's a potentially interesting deal going on atm. I don't know if it's a mistake or not, but there are a few older pro bundles (Genesis 3 and older) atm in the 'grab a free base character for $5 with coupon code DAZ4ME ' deal, here:

Again, dunno if the pro bundles being in that sale is a mistake or not, but if you don't have some of these, move fast just in case, as $5 for a pro bundle is a pretty good deal!

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
OK, so there's a potentially interesting deal going on atm. I don't know if it's a mistake or not, but there are a few older pro bundles (Genesis 3 and older) atm in the 'grab a free base character for $5 with coupon code DAZ4ME ' deal, here:

Again, dunno if the pro bundles being in that sale is a mistake or not, but if you don't have some of these, move fast just in case, as $5 for a pro bundle is a pretty good deal!
Yup. That's more like the deals we saw last year around this time, but it was multiple Pro bundles (I grabbed most of the ones I wanted). As you suggested, I grabbed one that I didn't have for $5. That's a pretty good deal for a Pro bundle, even if a little bit older.

Reactions: amster22 and OhWee

amster22

Nov 13, 2019

Yup. That's more like the deals we saw last year around this time, but it was multiple Pro bundles (I grabbed most of the ones I wanted). As you suggested, I grabbed one that I didn't have for $5. That's a pretty good deal for a Pro bundle, even if a little bit older.
Actually, this was an error. Daz cannot be so generous and the bundles have been suppressed in the offer and replaced by single chars....
At least the orders with $5 bundles have not been cancelled (for now).
People on the daz forums are very angry (and I understand them)

And thanks and big kudos for OhWee for pointing out this deal.

• Sad
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote