The Daz Studio and Related Product Deals Thread (Daz3D, Renderosity, Renderotica, etc.)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Nothing to add concerning the daz deal "triple" loyalty discount (which is actually a discount applied three times). Not only the deal is meh (at most 58% off 5+ years old assets, you can do much better, daz), but it leaves the unpleasant feeling that daz considers his customers as retard that will be fooled by any deceptive advertising.

(snip)
This. Sales language at Daz3D.com has always been tricky, but I really feel like today they hit a new low. And I don't remember seeing the 'fine print' earlier, it might have been there, but IMHO fine print should be reserved for 'does not apply to' not 'here's how we tried to trick you' bullshit.

Anyways, just makes it easier to shop at Renderosity instead this month. Or other places... This is probably the least I've spent in December so far at Daz3D.com. I do have to wonder how many other customers at Daz3D.com are doing the same.

My Daz budget appreciates the lull at least, but yeah, bad taste in my mouth. And they were doing so well until about the middle of the PC+ sale in October...

Thanks again for pointing out the Renderosity deals amster22 ! Renderosity vendors could use more love this month!

Reactions: amster22

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
All renderotica store (and cgbytes) is at 25% off until Christmas.

25% off is not very high, but global store sales are very rare at renderotica.

And some artists give a higher discount. I noticed Layla at 50% off, for instance.

Reactions: oaiki and OhWee

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
OK, so today's sale includes a 'extra 20% off up to 10 items' offer with the coupon code DECKTHEHALLS.

I just tried putting a gift card in my cart, and it DID take 20% off of the gift card.

So if you are running low on your store credit balance, this might be a fun thought (assuming that they don't subsequently lock out gift cards). The coupon is only usable once, but one way to look at this is that if you buy a gift card, then use the gift card balance on other items in the store, you get 20% off those items, with no 'ten item limit'. Or something like that.

The other included items in the coupon code link are here:

It's a small selection, but there are some shaders and such in there, so maybe... check the sales history (Daz Deals plugin) for each item to see what kind of deal you may be getting.

There's also a $1.59 sale items category, when you buy any new release over $1. That's 20% off of the $1.99 prices, here's the link to the stuff in this category:

It's all older stuff though, so probably 'meh' for most people around here.

glassware

Oct 6, 2020
OK, so today's sale includes a 'extra 20% off up to 10 items' offer with the coupon code DECKTHEHALLS.

I just tried putting a gift card in my cart, and it DID take 20% off of the gift card.
Thanks for checking this, just what I needed as mentioned a few posts back!

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
I forgot to add.

All of the Daz3D.com holiday 'one item per day' freebie items so far for this month are back today, for those that may have missed any this month.

You'll need to grab them from the sales page though, the button link only has four items as far as I can tell, so use the scrolling product bar on the main sales page.

Also, you can get a free horror item from a list of items with the purchase of any new release over $1, with coupon code DECEMBERDEALZ. for me, the remaining selection is kind of 'meh' but others might find stuff they want.

also, the 20% off 'one time' coupon that I mentioned above now has a 'storewide' link with over 250 pages on the sales page, so ignore my previous link.

Last edited:

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
In other news, over at Renderosity there's an $85 Bounty Hunter bundle from Pamawo being offered as today's holiday freebie.

If you are curious about the contents, and why it has 18 parts in the download, here's the product page, but you'll have to use the daily holiday freebie page to get the download links for free.

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Just a word about the rendo advent freebie. Today, it is a complete bundle issued just last year by Pamawo with a badass/SciFi/post-apocalyptic theme. Includes a g8F clothing&texture, a SF dive bar, a robot, a SF bike, g8F poses. Base price is $85, a very serious giveaway (and just 24 hours to pick it).

EDIT: Oops I was so stunned by this unusual freebie, that I haven't seen OhWee post! :oops:

Last edited:

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Just a word about the rendo advent freebie. Today, it is a complete bundle issued just last year by Pamawo with a badass/SciFi/post-apocalyptic theme. Includes a g8F clothing&texture, a SF dive bar, a robot, a SF bike, g8F poses. Base price is $85, a very serious giveaway (and just 24 hours to pick it).

You mean the one I just mentioned?
:p

It looks like Part 2 of the Smuggler's Lair Robot may be missing in the dl links. Render State's bundle has it if you need it.

Schlongborn

May 4, 2019
I don't want to ruin the mood by mentioning the NFP thing again, but you can get a free bundle here:

If you have linked your account to discord. It becomes free once you put it in your cart.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
What with all of this post-apocalyptic stuff I've been buying/acquiring lately, I probably should do an appropriately themed game at some point.

Why else would I need an armored tractor pulling an RV, an armored lift truck, various Mad Max styled vehicles...

zombietractorrv00maindaz3d.jpg

Disclaimer: No idea if the above rig is on sale today. Just posting it for reference...

All of this stuff was either on sale for cheap or free at some point though! I couldn't resist!

Boogie

Aug 7, 2017
I don't want to ruin the mood by mentioning the NFP thing again, but you can get a free bundle here:

If you have linked your account to discord. It becomes free once you put it in your cart.
Thanks for this one, but how did you find it? Was it only announced on the Discord channel?

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
I probably should do an appropriately themed game at some point.
:D with D as Aunty Entity?

Thanks for the heads up on the Bounty Hunter Bundle ... I just got to it. Also there is a note which might explain any missing partes:

There has been an issue with the Download part of Link 17 and has been fixed.

If you have downloaded the file earlier that 11:59 AM (cst) please download this part again.

Part 17 link will be available all day tomorrow as well for those who haven't noticed that the link was not correct.

Reactions: OhWee

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
DAZ Deals server seems to be having issues, I am mgetting time-outs ...

Discord Daly Deals a load of stuff including Charaters 1 free with coupon: DAZ121521

Holiday Sale Freebie:

Other promotions require the purchase of a new release or coupon, up to you if the are worth it ...

Reactions: amster22

Schlongborn

May 4, 2019
Thanks for this one, but how did you find it? Was it only announced on the Discord channel?
I've been trying to figure out what these guys are up to, so I've been lurking in their discord and reading their announcements and stuff like that. I think the bundle was mentioned or linked in a blog post that they mentioned in one of their announcements, but I don't remember exactly.

Reactions: Boogie

Schlongborn

May 4, 2019
It is was aimed as Discord users that aren't also DAZ users ... a way to acquire more customers for DAZ
Probably, I think at this point it is pretty clear that together with the NFP thing they decided to increase prices quite substantially. Maybe this will change again, but currently I assume all of the sales appear very meh to all of us because we can see how much cheaper this stuff used to be even just like 1-2 months ago.

I guess I can see DAZ perspective, apparently there is a huge group of enthusiastic buyers, who can be convinced that one figure (I believe with clothing and hair at least, so like a starter bundle) is worth ~300$ (depending on the time of day of course, since its priced in future money, oh, and roughly one third is just the transaction cost!). So they probably like the idea of getting those guys to spend money in their shop.

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
its the non fungus thing ... unique character configurations are being 'monetized' and traded for etheriums (?) ... I think it is all about the MetaVerse where your avatar will be uniqueliy you, and if you can 'mint' them for others, you can make 'ethriums' ...

probably also tied in with the MetaMixer tool and add-ons ... face sculpting made easier to allow verisimile avatars to be created ...

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Well, Daz3D.com is making it a lot easier for me to not spend money there this month. I even passed on recharging my store credit yesterday, 'cuz I don't think I'll end spending my remaining balance this month.

What annoys me more is the fact that Daz CS is almost non-existent at this point, Zendesk is painfully slow at this point, if they even bother to reply. And they've also removed most of the contact information from their website. I suppose that I could send a letter via snail mail...

It didn't use to be this way. But it's a new era I suppose. Treat your existing customers like crap, that sounds like a winning strategy! NOT!!!

No sense bitching about it here though. It is what it is, and other stores want my Daz budget money too.

tk99

Jun 3, 2019
I think the Daz Store is broken (again).

Or do they really offer G2 crap for 2.99$?

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote