The Daz Studio and Related Product Deals Thread (Daz3D, Renderosity, Renderotica, etc.)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
The end of September sale was pretty nice, and the $1.99 PC+ for a day sales are still very useful to me. Unforunately, or fortunately if your Daz budget could use a break, it looks like it'll be March-June before the next sale of any particular note. There are usually end of year bargains too, but color me skeptical this year.

The 60% off PC+ items might be worth a looksee, but most of you have probably picked that category over pretty well. I had enough wishlisted items to use my other Daz+ coupon, just need to submit a ticket to CS as the coupon is still broken...

I'm hoping for a 50% off Daz+ memberships soon, and thanks to the more frugal team that's now working at Daz3d.com I'm good r.e. store credit. I should be good until the end of year at least, but a decent gift card sale is always welcome.

On a somewhat related note, for those of you that animate using Ani-mate/Daz Studio, you probably should wishlist this tool for later...

There are videos on the product page showing how it works.

No sense paying 30% off prices when it'll go on sale later for a higher discount. Who knows, maybe the Holiday Loyalty discount might help at some point if 3DUniverse's store gets added to the daily sale at some point.

The discussion on the Daz3D.com forum has a few happy campers, including Ivy, who incidentally is still using DS 4.12.086...

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
It's weird not seeing any sales on the Renderosity blog...

Usual stuff over at Daz3D. The 60% off select Daz+ items sale was notable yesterday, then less notable when some stuff was pulled from the sale page. Today, the selection is a lot smaller and mostly 'meh' older stuff. Do grab your daily holiday freebies, and there's a couple of other freebies on the main sales page (Daz+ probably). I just sorted the main shop page from low to high to spot these.

50% off DO's (plus holiday discount) isn't enough to move me (62.5% + 30% 'usual' DO discount). And 40% off featured PA's, 50% off with new release, yeah that's not gonna move me either...

Wake me up when the real sale starts!
:sleep:

As for Renderotica, looks like more of the usual. The DaYin 50% off sale might be notable, if you are looking for more (mostly Asian) characters at $6.50 apiece

Last edited:

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
It's weird not seeing any sales on the Renderosity blog...
Yes, I had the same feeling.
And no advent calendar o_O Edit: My mistake. Here it is

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: OhWee

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Just a quick note. There appears to be a stealth sale still running at Renderosity. I just checked a few random items, I'm seeing 50% off for each of them. And almost all of my wishlist still displays when I choose the 'on sale' sort button.

Sale ends at 11:59PM Tennessee Time December first, so if this interests you, get hoppin'!

I believe this is the tail end of the same sale that amster22 mentioned before. The monthly 20% off prime coupon (if you haven't used it yet) should stack with a number of these items.

Also, multiple people are still reporting issues with the (now December) Daz+ coupons, so if you intend to use them, note the totals before and after using them, as it may not add up to $6 off, and then be prepared to screenshot your cart and submit a ticket.

The Daz3D 'official rep' forum types SAY that they can't replicate this on their end, but I don't see how they couldn't, as people are now showing off really basic examples of this happening. One theory is that the loyalty discount is being applied after the coupon, or that the discount is being applied against the full price of the item, but I'm not onboard with that. The shop software was upgraded over a year ago now, we shouldn't be having these sort of issues at this point, but apparently the 'math coding' is still lacking...

Just wanted to mention this so that y'all are mindful when using your Daz+ coupons.

Last edited:
Reactions: oaiki

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
It's better then the music stand billboards imho.
Yep. Doing billboards for an object that is probably less than 100 polygons is one of the silliest things you can imagine in 3D.

Fortunately, rendo freebies are very good

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
I hear that women are from Venus...

Also, just verified the 'fine print' on the Holiday Loyalty discount at Daz3D.com. There's a 5% off Gift Cards sale (10% off with any new release). The loyalty discount DID NOT STACK, as the fine print indicates, so unless your store credit balance is near zero, don't bother.

The Holiday sale Daz+ items selection is still 'meh' for the most part, so the Daz3D sales team is making it very easy for me to not want to spend money. Do grab your daily holiday freebie item though of course!

Last edited:

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Flash sale at daz3D. Get 5 items at $5 or 10 at $3 with a debut/still new release.
Concerns ~4k items Usable twice

Note: these items are g3 or older...

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Join Our Discord for a FREE Daz Original Today!

Join the Non-Fungible People Discord community to get a FREE* with Coupon Code: DAZ120321
Instead of developing and fixing their software, not only daz prefers to put forward this NFT brain damage, but they try to bribe their users into it with a free asset.
Hard pass for me.

Schlongborn

May 4, 2019
Instead of developing and fixing their software, not only daz prefers to put forward this NFT brain damage, but they try to bribe their users into it with a free asset.
Hard pass for me.
Yeah, they really, really want people to join that discord now, I actually joined the unofficial Daz3D Slackers instead because of that (also someone on the forum mentioned it, they don't really like this whole idea there either). And they posted the link of what you can get for free:

So, you'll be the judge if its worth making an alt for this or not.

EDIT: Oh, the link is actually in your post as well, didn't see that.

Reactions: amster22 and OhWee

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Flash sale at daz3D. 700 items Items at $2.99 with a new release (RuntimeDNA & ironman13).
Items include most ironman13 bundles initially at $50. So if you do not already have them, a look can be useful.

And do not miss rendo freebies. This year they are only available for one day and today there are 3 items to pick.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Quick note on Renderosity sales:

There's a few stores on sale for 50-70% off. Notably, Kaleya's store is 60% off, and the few of the handful of items I checked were green/coupon eligible (at least one, which is also prime, isn't):

I'm seeing the same in Sabby's store:

Sabby's store is mostly (all?) characters though, so perhaps a little less useful unless there's a character or two there that you really really like.

As for where the 70% off items are, I did note a few prime items in Sabby's store at $3.50/73% off. Other than that, not seeing them in my quick search...

The December 5th holiday freebie hasn't been posted yet, soon? Here's the link to the sales blog, where it always is...

Schlongborn

May 4, 2019
On the DAZ side of things the obvious is happening I guess, now they are tying discounts to discord membership, cause apparently they think that people in discord == people willing to buy nfts. Either way, I joined their discord, and I guess it is roughly what can be expected: a crypto echo chamber.

One good thing about this is that you can actually talk to the top DAZ brass there, and have an actual conversation with them, as opposed to the forum which is completely ignored by them afaik. I also have a feeling a huge amount of people joining them now through the promotions is actually critical towards the whole crypto thing, so kind of hoping this will eventually move the discussions there into a more sane direction (say for example, about 3d content creation). Though most just seem to take the freebie and remain silent otherwise.

In principle I like the idea of an official discord, it could be a good thing if it weren't for the obnoxious crypto stuff that they are trying to shoehorn into their product. And oh boy, am I now 100% sure they are going to shoehorn crypto bullshit into DAZ Studio 5. There is a roadmap now so you can checkout what they're planning:

According to that we can look forward to "Stunning utility reveals" soon, I assume that means a DAZ Studio 5 beta with super duper useful crypto wallet integration or some other nonsense like that. Also, the "Stunning utility reveals" is really the only thing on that roadmap that could mean some improvement to their software, the rest is just, well, more marketing nonsense I guess. Also there is a "Generation 2" at the end of the roadmap, I wonder if that means another Genesis?

So, brace yourselves, because these guys have not only drank the koolaid, they injected it deep, deep into their veins. I am kind of worried the SEC might eventually come knocking on their door and ask about why they thought it's a good idea to start selling financial securities. But hey, maybe those old rules and regulations just don't apply in the shiny new metaverse.

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: amster22 and OhWee

glassware

Oct 6, 2020
Also, the "Stunning utility reveals" is really the only thing on that roadmap that could mean some improvement to their software, the rest is just, well, more marketing nonsense I guess. Also there is a "Generation 2" at the end of the roadmap, I wonder if that means another Genesis?
It looks to me like it's just a roadmap for their NFT stuff, not a roadmap for the whole company, so hopefully the lack of important stuff in the roadmap is because of that. Likewise, hopefully they mean "Generation 2" of their NFT stuff and it has nothing to do with DAZ products proper like Genesis.

Except, as you say, they have drunk the koolaid, so who the fuck knows.

• Angry

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
So guys, that other thing that they started back in Q2. Can't remember the name of the program now, but essentially you were given a special Daz3D forum badge and extra discounts if you bought in to the program. The Zodiac bundles factored into it if I remember correctly.

Is that still going? I haven't seen anything about it in the last couple of months. Kind of hoping that they gave up on it...

glassware

Oct 6, 2020
So guys, that other thing that they started back in Q2. Can't remember the name of the program now, but essentially you were given a special Daz3D forum badge and extra discounts if you bought in to the program. The Zodiac bundles factored into it if I remember correctly.

Is that still going? I haven't seen anything about it in the last couple of months. Kind of hoping that they gave up on it...
"Season pass"?

A google search of their forums turns up no use of the phrase after . I also found a forum post that linked to a subforum just about season passes, but the link is dead (404), so either the person who posted typo'd the link, or they've removed the subforum, or it's private to people who have the season pass. I'm guessing it's dead. Wouldn't be surprised if it happened when they flipped to NFTs.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
glassware

Thanks! Season Pass was the thing I was wondering about. It'd be nice if the Daz3D.com sales team would just stick to the basics, but yeah...

As long as they don't fuck with Platinum Club and water it down, I'm still along for the ride. Unless they don't offer a decent deal on Plat Club memberships at some point in the next couple of months...

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Several interesting sales at rendo (and it is guaranteed NFT free).

Several stores on sale until Friday

The most interesting are at 60% off (3DLoki, SecondCircle) or 70%off (LexaKiness)
(and until tonight as already mentioned by OhWee )

An nice set of items at 70% off until tuesday

And if you are interested by Christmas stuff, several items at 55%/65% prime off

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
And so it continues...

Apparently there's a $10 coupon if you join the Daz3D.com NFT Discord now...

I'm not sippin' the kool aid, but others, who don't mind Discord, might be interested maybe.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote