The Daz Studio and Related Product Deals Thread (Daz3D, Renderosity, Renderotica, etc.)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Ya know, I DID post the flash sale banner for the 20% off gift cards of $50 or more in my post earlier today...

I did this mainly so that people could see when the flash sale ends (23:59 MST (UTC-7)...
Sorry. I thought you were referring to the previous flash sale on gift cards that was similar, but not exactly the same. Thanks for blowing it up large enough to post on the side of a bus so I can see it :p (I am glad I could elicit a chuckle from that one. That was my intent. My presbyopia isn't that bad yet, but it's getting there, obviously. )

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: arnii and OhWee

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Today at daz3D a new PCFAD offer at $2.99.

Most are just identical to what was offered at $1.99 last month.
But not all! Maybe 10% of the items are new and were never discounted at this level. As the number of concerned items is very large (1600), and that $2.99 is not so bad, it may be worth a look.

Reactions: OhWee and oaiki

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
At daz3D, a set of 500 DO items for $1. No buy-in.

Mostly g2 or older items, clothing, textures, environments, hair. etc. Nothing breathtaking IMHO, but some environments may be useful, the textures can complement some cloth that you may have, etc. There is even a g1 sci-fi bundle.
Definitely worth a look.

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
At rendo:

A set of items at 60% off (only today)

Some stores at 50-60% off (ends on Thursday)

Reactions: oaiki and OhWee

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
At daz3D, a set of 500 DO items for $1. No buy-in.

Mostly g2 or older items, clothing, textures, environments, hair. etc. Nothing breathtaking IMHO, but some environments may be useful, the textures can complement some cloth that you may have, etc. There is even a g1 sci-fi bundle.
Definitely worth a look.
I spotted a sci fi flyer thing in the dollar sale. It looks a bit like the HK's from the Terminator franchise. Just in case there is anyone here that might be doing dream sequences or a 'resist Skynet's takeover' game or something...

There's actually 7 bundles (including three G2 starter bundles) in the $1 sale ATM. Most people around here probably already have these, but if you don't have Gia 6, Gianni 6 or Stephanie 6 yet, and occasionally use G2 characters in the background or whatever... we are talking 97-99% discounts here!

I suppose you could wait to see if they get offered for freebies, but we haven't had 'buy this bundle, get pro bundles for free' offers for a little while now so that ship may have sailed...

Anyways, sorting the $1 page by % off should bring any bundles in the $1 sale that you don't have yet to the top of the list.

glassware

Oct 6, 2020
Anyways, sorting the $1 page by % off should bring any bundles in the $1 sale that you don't have yet to the top of the list.
The main thing I do for these sorts of deals is select "addons" in the DazDeals plugin and look for texture expansions for clothing, which will only be for clothing items you own. Turning a piece of clothing with only one color scheme into one with ~4+ color schemes is usually worth a buck or a BYOB for me. In this case there were 4 such in the top 8 entries after I selected "addons".

(Obviously you also want to check for your wishlist items being on it, but you can just check the wishlist directly for that.)

• Hey there
Reactions: amster22 and OhWee

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Sooo... today's Daz3D.com Scrooge sale is aptly named...

Buy a $125 bundle to get $60 in freebies. And this is a good deal how?

At least the Dollar sale in the other sale from yesterday is still running. Meh...

Reactions: oaiki

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Ar rendo 55%/65%prime off ~400 post-apocalyptic items until thursday.

Reactions: OhWee

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Early november (11/3 precisely), there was a glitch at daz3D and you could get a free g2 item with the "purchase" of some new items even if they were freebies (provided their base price was over $50 IIRC).
I (and I think some of us) have used it to get several assets for free.

I checked my orders recently and all the corresponding orders have got the "removed" status and the assets that were supposed to be "purchased" are no longer in my content library.

This was more or less the exploit of a flaw (maybe one can even say a complete exploit), and I did not submit a ticket that will certainly be rejected.
But I was wondering if others have experienced the same problem.

• Thinking Face
  • Sad

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Early november (11/3 precisely), there was a glitch at daz3D and you could get a free g2 item with the "purchase" of some new items even if they were freebies (provided their base price was over $50 IIRC).
I (and I think some of us) have used it to get several assets for free.

I checked my orders recently and all the corresponding orders have got the "removed" status and the assets that were supposed to be "purchased" are no longer in my content library.

This was more or less the exploit of a flaw (maybe one can even say a complete exploit), and I did not submit a ticket that will certainly be rejected.
But I was wondering if others have experienced the same problem.
Hmmm, that was the day that I was distracted helping someone with their project, and ended up not checking out my cart before Daz midnight. So I didn't place an order that day.

What you describe, in the past anyways, well the 'unofficial stance' has been if you were able to check out your cart, it was yours, gitch or no. If it wasn't in your favor (i.e. you overpaid vs. what the sales language indicated) you could submit a ticket for the difference, but of couse if you ended up getting a better deal than intended, well they simply didn't bother/would 'eat' the difference, rather than anger customers.

So if there is a change on the Daz sales team end, while 'technically' I suppose that they can make a case, this is not good news. I can't imagine why they would risk angering customers in this way, but it is what it is I guess. Not cool though!

If this happens at other sites (say Amazon), well the one time something went in my favor (digital album purchase) Amazon CS simply told me to 'keep' it and be happy. Of course, almost every other site that I do online business on (I limit this as much as I can, trust factor and all that), well their purchasing software is robust enough to not have these sort of glitches in the first place. Daz3D.com is the only site where I see these sort of issues in the first place.

Anyways, I have a bunch of stuff that I haven't downloaded as I'm doing manual downloads, I figure that I'll get to it eventually, or at least maybe when I finally upgrade to a new system with Daz Studio on it that can connect to the internet (I've discussed Uber Laptop's internet connectivity is now FUBAR thanks to Microsoft), so I guess I'm just going to have to download the rest of purchases I've made since that sad June 2021 day now, and hope that nothing was 'pulled' since then. Annoying...

I was also hoping for more sane RTX 3060 12gb dual fan/200mm or shorter prices by now, but no joy/no luck finding one on a shelf somewhere... or a more sane deal on a laptop with a 16GB VRAM 3080 to replace baby laptop here with the worn out chiclet keyboard...

FmF Part 1 and Enthralled Pt 4 may be delayed further thanks to this news...

Ugh! Thanks for the heads up!

Reactions: amster22 and oaiki

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Quick followup on my last post.

If you have a copy of the invoice in your inbox, without a 'corrected invoice' being sent after the fact with an explanation of what was done since you placed your order, this could be considered unethical. You could screenshot the invoice or digitally print it I suppose and submit to CS noting that these items should be in your library since you bought them, and see what happens.

But the moral here is that from now on I guess you should download everything you purchase immediately, even freebies. Down the road should you ever be questioned about ownership of an item, use the invoice to show that you purchased it, and then it's on Daz 3D's end to show that they sent a corrected invoice and notified you of the change. If they can't prove this on their end, you should have a strong case. To be honest though, I've never personally heard of anyone getting called our r.e. Daz Assets that they supposedly purchased. I'm sure that it happens rarely, but I can't point to any instances/stories that I have heard.

Also, I guess we need to start saving digital invoices, rather than assuming that they will stay in our Daz3D.com account library...

Last edited:

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
What you describe, in the past anyways, well the 'unofficial stance' has been if you were able to check out your cart, it was yours, gitch or no. If it wasn't in your favor (i.e. you overpaid vs. what the sales language indicated) you could submit a ticket for the difference, but of couse if you ended up getting a better deal than intended, well they simply didn't bother/would 'eat' the difference, rather than anger customers.

So if there is a change on the Daz sales team end, while 'technically' I suppose that they can make a case, this is not good news. I can't imagine why they would risk angering customers in this way, but it is what it is I guess. Not cool though!
A ticket could probably work if there was some money involved, even a very small amount (and they would probably not have cancelled the orders in that situation). But for something totally free, it seems to be very unlikely that any good argumentation can be used. "I want my money back!!" obviously not, "Respect your wording" actually the wording mentioned paying assets not freebies, and so on.
And TBH, I have downloaded the only asset that really interested me. The others were more of the "it could be useful one day" kind and I can definitely survive without them.

But the change of daz sale management is notable. And not only in this case. Some time ago, discount stacking was more or less the rule, while it only happens exceptionally now. And, except some PFAD offers, the sales are less interesting, the bundles generally do not add such an important rebate, coupons are mostly used as a mean to forbid multiple reductions, and so on.
But the moral here is that from now on I guess you should download everything you purchase immediately, even freebies.
Very true and very important. We are rapidly approching the "advent freebies" period. Do not forget that these freebies only remain available a couple of days especially at daz3D. After that, it is too late. You can still download them if you have "purchased" them at daz, but at renderosity, they just vanish forever.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
amster22

If you have the invoices in your email inbox, or even still in your Daz3D.com invoice library, you could theoretically find the assets you 'purchased' on other sites, then say that you downloaded them when you bought them. Daz3D.com doesn't track these downloads afaik, well I suppose that if they wanted to dig through server logs, but that'd be a major pain...

Just a thought. I still say their mistake for having shoddy store software, they should have to live with it or god forbid fix their software...

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Black Friday at renderosty until next Tuesday. 50% off the complete store.

50% is a pretty standard discount at rendo and by just waiting a month, you can get this rebate (or more) on many well-known artists.
But not all. There are many vendors that are not considered as top sellers as they have a smaller production or have stopped creating 3D assets and they are never included in any sale.
So, this is the perfect time to scan your wishlist for these rarer artists.
Note that the 20%off prime coupon can be used on top of this black Friday discount most of the time.

Last edited:

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Black Friday sales at renderotica.

As usual at rotica, there is not a uniform discount, but it depends on the vendors.
Most rebates are very low (10%-20%). But some are interesting.

Here is a list of the artists that I spotted with a discount over 30%
Rudy Studio (30%)
Screwt & Halcyone (30%)
CherryBlossom3D (50%)
SynfulMindz (45%)
EdArt3D (50%)
Meipe (40%)
Falconville (40%)
Layla (50%)
DaYin (50%)
Thunder 3D (45%)
LexaLiness (50%)
Sabelina (50%)
CrazySky3D (30% & 40%)
DubTH (35%)
Chaosophia (50%)

EDIT: added new stores on sale

Last edited:

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Flash sale at daz3D 70% off 3/5pc+ items among 17k DO items
Requires a new release & coupon EARLYBIRD
(NB: the new release can be the free PC+ weekly item !!)
(EDIT: but presently, the discount is only 73% while it should be 80% with the DO pc+ discount. People are angry on the daz forums!)

Also, enjoy a free (old) item with coupon GRATEFUL4YOU (no buy-in)

Last edited:
Reactions: OhWee

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Just a note:

When I was looking at the 70+ off PC items with new release and coupon code, the items I looked at were already 65% off, and jumped to 72-73% off. That's in today's sale, but I remember a coupon code earlier:

Anyways, grab a new release to get these items for 72% off (.60% off x.7 or 30% off DO discount):

As for the 72% off sale...
You could just get them for 65% off without a new release...

Testing my cart, things are 'capped' at 73% off with coupon code, Daz+ items as well as 'regular' DOs, so this sale is wonky. Also, I think it may pay to wait for better deals. Grab your *meh* freebie today of course with the other coupon code.

Last edited:

glassware

Oct 6, 2020
There's a 70%-off Black Friday flash sale that requires a code AND a new release, but you can use the same new release for both this deal and the deal OhWee described immediately above. The sets of items for these don't seem to overlap (or at least my wishlist entries and DazDeal addons didn't).

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Ok, so the official Black Friday sale is upon us. For those of us who have been "loyal enough", you will be gifted an additional 30% off everything in your cart (with exceptions). Remember, all of this is DAZ MATH. So you will get the initial discount shown for the item (let's say 50%). Then if you buy a New Release, you will get an extra 20% off of the 50% off discounted price. If you were loyal enough to get the coupon (BF-EXTRAVAGANZA) you will get another 30% off the ALREADY DISCOUNTED prices. This does NOT stack if you buy an annual membership. The only discount for that is 30% if you buy a new item. This means of the stuff that is in the big sale (thousands of items), your likely maximum discount is 80% (if an item was discounted to 65% off to begin with), but more likely you will receive a 72% discount. All of that being said, if there is stuff you want in the Black Friday sale, the deals are decent. Maybe 80% off is a little better than decent. You get one shot to use the coupon, so you had better make it count. Happy shopping, y'all!

Reactions: amster22 and OhWee

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Just checked the orange loyalty banner language at Daz3D.com. Gift cards, new releases, memberships, flipped normals, and fastgrabs are locked out. Kind of defeats the 'your entire purchase' language if a bunch of stuff is excluded.

AND, of course, this coupon blocks your monthly Daz+ coupons. *sigh*

Also, chasing the 'buy 10 items over .01 to get for free' thing, yeah not worth chasing unless you were going to buy ten items today anyways for some reason.

Also, unimpressed with Metamixer. Apparently there are plugins for various G8 pro characters to help make it work that cost money... isn't this what morph packs are for? (Yeah I know, supposedly has more functionality, but some face/body morphs are very targeted to begin with). Might be faster for some though, won't help me atm anyways.

I've also noted that sales pages from previous days are now being sanitized routinely, removing the deals on older items the next day to minimize the risk of discount stacking with the current day's sale... so say the Scrooge sale (aptly named), no extra help on the bundles there as the mega bundle is a new release, hence not 'orange banner loyalty discount' worthy. The 'buy this expensive mega bundle to get up to $60 off these other items' still doesn't look worth it to me.

This WOULD have been an excellent time for gift cards or memberships (loyalty banner wise) except that they are excluded...

The only 'upside' I'm seeing is that the Daz+ items start out a bit cheaper, and 50% off PC+ items is 'usually' a thing, so 50% off/60% off with cheap new DO/up to 72% off with Loyalty Coupon, well maybe. With that 'buy ten items to get this freebie' thing could come into play here depending on how many Daz+ items you may have wishlisted and/or may want... otherwise, probably still not worth chasing.

Can't say I'm surprised. Still, there might be items in the sale that you may have need of right now, so better than nothing...

I'm running out of days on my November Daz+ coupons, which have been locked out of the parts of previous sales this month that I was interested in (no fast grab, flash sales, etc.). *sigh*

Not sure what was up with December 6th last year, must have been a store glitch day. Looking at the Daz Deals graph for a few of the items I have wishlisted... tryng to remember if there were better 'end of year' deals for this. I do remember one thing. We had a loyalty discount that was in play for most of December, but I fully expect that the Daz sales team will water down sales running concurrently accordingly going forward, based on the language in today's orange loyalty banner offer.

I miss the sales from the old days (2017-2019)...

Last edited:
Reactions: amster22
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote