The Daz Studio and Related Product Deals Thread (Daz3D, Renderosity, Renderotica, etc.)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
so, I just discovered that the "extra discount" accumulated from last week works for gift cards ...

which kind of allows you to use it and any coupon based discount that might be going ... like:

• buy a gift card to cover what you want using the discount code
  • put your selected products which qualify for for a coupon discount into a new basket
  • apply the deal's coupon
  • pay with the gift card

... also it can extend the discount into the future if you don't use all the gift card balance ...

Reactions: OhWee

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
... and if you use the gift card purchased with the "accumulated extra discount" and the "accumulated extra discount code" it makes your effective "extra discount" 3.96%, 7.84%, 11.64%, 15.36% or 19.00% depending how many days were in your accumulator ...

... I think

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Today (and yesterday) offers are rather meh, but there is presently flash sale 50% off, 60% with 2-3 purchases, 70% with 4+ , no buy-in, no coupon.

Probably other flash sales are planned. Just change the 1 in the link to 2, 3, ..., 9.

Reactions: oaiki

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
Probably other flash sales are planned. Just change the 1 in the link to 2, 3, ..., 9
Yup, there are 9 of them and they are all up (check against the first 3) without the discounts, so you can preview them now ... quite a lot of my wishlist items on there, making good use of the accumulated discount ;)

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
$2.99 flash sale at Daz3D.com. Some (most) of these items were $1.99 in the recent fall PC+ sale, others were only $2.99, but might be worth a look to see what you may have missed.

This item still hurts my brain...

There's a turntable animation product here:

I found a Youtube video that explains how you can do this, but maybe if you want to save some time, it has various applications. If you don't want to bother with the Animate timeline/don't have animate... well maybe. I did something along these lines not too long ago following this Youtube tutorial.

https://static.f95zone.to/data/video/1147/1147025-3f7d400975399680529f447d6ad096e3.mp4

Here I have a stationary walk animation paired with a camera parented to one side of a node with the node rotating as seen in the animation above. I wanted to have her head turning back and forth to face the camera, but my Animate-fu is weak...

You can just search for orbit camera daz Youtube or turntable animation daz Youtube to find other videos on these subjects. My point here is that whether this particular product might be worth it to you as a timesaver is your call...

Last edited:
Reactions: oaiki and amster22

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
$2.99 flash sale at Daz3D.com. Some (most) of these items were $1.99 in the recent fall PC+ sale, others were only $2.99, but might be worth a look to see what you may have missed.
Thanks OhWee I just though that it was of replay of already seen PCFAD (daz+FAD?), but there are several interesting new items by Marshian .

Besides that, you may have a look at rendo with several offers

Some bogos, and there is a set of autumn items at 55/65%prime off

and some stores at 50-60% off

Last edited:
Reactions: oaiki and OhWee

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
So, total snooze fest over at Daz3D.com atm probably... unless flash/blink sales show up.

Took a look at the Renderotica sale page:

Probably the most notable sale is Layla's store is 50% off until November 15th. Layla has a number of cool pose packs.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
We are approaching the Christmas holidays.

Renderosity has run a 50% off wishlisteed items sales around the end of the year in past years, usually for only a day or a couple of days, so I'd suggest wishlisting anything that interests you routinely, in anticipation of said wishlist sale. Some vendors rarely offer more than 50% off, which makes this particular sale notable.

Daz3D.com also has decent deals sometimes around the holidays, so again it's good to wishlist stuff you are interested in (so that it's easier to find later), which I'm sure y'all are doing already. The 'after PC+ lull' is upon us, and the only thing that made this time interesting last year to me was the store software changeover glitches, something that shouldn't be an issue at this point.

Anyways, I'm sure y'all pocketbooks/daz budgets can use a 'lull' so enjoy the Daz3d.com 'sales lull' while it lasts.

As for today's 'BYOB' sale at Daz3.com, buy-in looks too steep to me, so I'm taking a pass as usual.

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
We are approaching the Christmas holidays.

Renderosity has run a 50% off wishlisteed items sales around the end of the year in past years, usually for only a day or a couple of days, so I'd suggest wishlisting anything that interests you routinely, in anticipation of said wishlist sale. Some vendors rarely offer more than 50% off, which makes this particular sale notable.

Daz3D.com also has decent deals sometimes around the holidays, so again it's good to wishlist stuff you are interested in (so that it's easier to find later), which I'm sure y'all are doing already. The 'after PC+ lull' is upon us, and the only thing that made this time interesting last year to me was the store software changeover glitches, something that shouldn't be an issue at this point.

Anyways, I'm sure y'all pocketbooks/daz budgets can use a 'lull' so enjoy the Daz3d.com 'sales lull' while it lasts.

As for today's 'BYOB' sale at Daz3.com, buy-in looks too steep to me, so I'm taking a pass as usual.
If last year is any indicator, the real big (and exceptionally good) sales at Daz3D were right around Christmas and the New Year (likely to push end-of-year numbers), including good sales on gift cards. I spent way too much then.

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
If last year is any indicator, the real big (and exceptionally good) sales at Daz3D were right around Christmas and the New Year (likely to push end-of-year numbers), including good sales on gift cards. I spent way too much then.
Oh, yes! Last new year was crazy with most daz pro bundles sold for ~$5. But the daz management has changed in-between and I am not sure that the new team is so inclined to do this kind of rock-bottom prices.

Reactions: seamanq and OhWee

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Flash sale at daz3D. 50/60/70 % off for 1/2-3/4 items. No buy-in, no coupon.

Other flash sales seem to be planned. Just changed 1 by 2-3 to see the pages.

Reactions: OhWee and oaiki

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
A couple of notable offers today

At daz3D some g3 clothing at $5. Depending on the cloth it can be up to 80% off. May be interesting for non DO items.

There is something similar at $8 for g8, but the discount is smaller.

At rendo, a bunch of items at 60% off (only today)

And if you like BOGOs

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
$2.99 flash sale at Daz3D.com until Daz Midnight:

Extra 10% off if you buy 10 or more, but most (all?) of these were recently in $1.99 PC+ for a day for PC+ members. But of course, if you are not a PC+ member, there may be some deals here to look at, and also maybe if you missed them earlier. You could also hold out for the next time a $1.99 PC+ for a day sale pops up... (June?)

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
There's another flash sale today at Daz3d.com. $2.99, or $2.49 if ten or more items.

The more notable thing today is the rollout of Daz+. This bothered me, so I read up on it in the Daz forum threads on the subject.

As I understand, this is still a PC+ membership, they are just taking out the letters PC to avoid confusion(?). A couple of new benefits are being added. We already saw the exclusive items for members thing in last month's sale ($29.95 was too steep for me though, so I didn't bother). Apparently, starting in January, there will be a monthly seminar video that is supposedly available only to Daz+ members. Not sure how they will police this, maybe do the videos as product downloads?

You can pick up a Daz+ membership today for $40. Doing the quick math, this works out to around a 42-43% off discount from the 'traditional' $70 price. I might consider this, probably should have jumped on the 49% off last month...

There's also a "buy new release that's not free, get a freebie from select list" going on, You can get two if you spend $50 plus, not sure if this can be manipulated in any way r.e. the $50 total... PC+ items with the associated coupon codes for this sale offer seem to work.
Again, here's the 'fast link' to new releases (the 'new release' link on the sale page, well that just goes to the full shop list, including non-new releases):

Last edited:
Reactions: amster22

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Today at rendo:

60% off a set of vendor stores (ends on Thursday)
55%/65%prime off ~300 items (mostly related to winter clothing) (ends on Thursday)

Reactions: OhWee

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
There's also a "buy new release that's not free, get a freebie from select list" going on, You can get two if you spend $50 plus, not sure if this can be manipulated in any way r.e. the $50 total... PC+ items with the associated coupon codes for this sale offer seem to work.
Again, here's the 'fast link' to new releases (the 'new release' link on the sale page, well that just goes to the full shop list, including non-new releases):
I did some experiments and what counts is the initial value of the asset, not what you pay.
This is what means "$50-$100 worth" in the announce.
Get 2 FREE* Daz Originals when you buy $50-$100 worth of

So with 3 pc+ items discounted at 80% I can get the two free items with coupon COMPLIMENTARY for only a $10 purchase.
Actually, it was just an experiment as none of the pc+ items interest me, and I did not purchase them. But it may be good to know.
And maybe tomorrow with the new pc+ assets, I will be more inspired.

Schlongborn

May 4, 2019
Actually, it was just an experiment as none of the pc+ items interest me, and I did not purchase them. But it may be good to know.
And maybe tomorrow with the new pc+ assets, I will be more inspired.
You were right about the new items being more interesting (at least to me). Also, you can use free items again to fullfill the requirement to get another free item. So with these two:

and the code ON-THE-HOUSE, I could get a free item without paying anything, and the same two free items together with the one new PC+ item that interested me and the code COMPLIMENTARY gave me two more free items.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Another $2.99 (2.49 if 10+ items) flash sale at Daz3D.com:

Same deal as before (many, possibly all(?), items were PC+ for a day/$1.99 recently), but if you missed them before, and need something now...

As for the other sale, the construction buy-in looks a little steep and 80% off select items, while notable... maybe I'm missing something here but I don't mind the continued 'mega deals' lull personally.

Last edited:
Reactions: amster22 and oaiki

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Gift cards are on sale again. They start at 10% for purchases up to $50, 15% for for gift cards between $50.01 and $200, and 20% for those over 200.01. You must purchase a new release to qualify. If you are looking to top up, this is one of the more decent deals this year (25% is the highest I have seen so far this year). You must purchase a new release (of any value) to qualify.

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Today at daz3D a sale that includes a 24-hour flash(?) sale.

For the regular sale, besides the usual offers, you can get an environment (sci-fi apartment) for free with any new release.

For the flash sale, you get 50/60/70% off up to 5 items with 0/1/2 new releases.
Note that a large part of the daz catalog is concerned (~15k items), including assets introduced a couple of months ago and rarely discounted items. I tried to stack the discount with other offers, but I did not succeed to get any interesting stacking.

What is interesting is that both offers can be combined. You have to buy a real new item (and some PC+ new items are around $3), then you get the free (new) item, and both trigger the "flash sale" discount at 70%.

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote