The Daz Studio and Related Product Deals Thread (Daz3D, Renderosity, Renderotica, etc.)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
OK, for the most part, screw the PC+ sale for today I think. suppose if there's a PC+ for a day item that you missed and don't mind spendng an extra buck for, maybe.

Also, the daily spotlight item might be worth considering if you already have Beneath Fire Mountain. BYOB 10 might be worth a look if you haven't bothered yet.

Also, if your store credit is running low, the 15% off $100+ gift cards if you buy anything else that is at least a penny might be a thought.

I stretched my store credit pretty well with past gift card sales, so I ended up with more than I thought would still banked, so I'm good for the end of year sales I think. I guess we'll see if my game of PC+ membership discount chicken pays off (hoping for 50% off...). The Daz3D.com sales team has been rather careful with discount stacking this month...

This year's PC+ sale really seems to be going out in a whimper, but there might be some stuff that's discounted just enough to make it worth the effort for you maybe...

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
:unsure: spend $25 per day over the next 5 days to get an extra 10% off next week ... which means you have to spend $1,250 to cover the buy-in ...

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
:unsure: spend $25 per day over the next 5 days to get an extra 10% off next week ... which means you have to spend $1,250 to cover the buy-in ...

PC* for a day back to $1.99 ... for PC+ folk

Reactions: amster22

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017

PC* for a day back to $1.99 ... for PC+ folk
I think you missed a decimal point there. 5 x 25 = 125.

I'm guessing that you were going for sarcasm?

That beiing said, yeah $125 is still kind of steep for 10% off, especially since we have no idea what sales might be planned next week...

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
At rendo some items at 60% off for 24 hours.

Also several bogo offers for different artists. You purchase an item among a set of 3 and you get a random free item from the same artist.

Does not seem very appealing as most of the proposed items are undiscounted and this can just give a 50% discount with a potentially useless bogo item.

Reactions: OhWee

amster22

Nov 13, 2019

That beiing said, yeah $125 is still kind of steep for 10% off, especially since we have no idea what sales might be planned next week...
I thinks his computation is correct. You have a buy-in of $125 and you cover it if you intend to purchase $1250 next week.

This kind of proposal is rarely very interesting. Could be cool if it stacks with other discount, for instance for gift cards, but probably you will not be able to get a discount on everything. And it generally requires to use a coupon that forbids other interesting deals.

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020

my artithmetic is not the best, my reasoning was that to get 10% off you need to spend $125, and to recoupe that you need to spend $1,250 next week ... I do these gymnastics to try an pursuade myself that the 10% is not free ... doesn't always work, I've already spent $25 today ... so many $1.99 items I really really must have ... :D

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
my artithmetic is not the best, my reasoning was that to get 10% off you need to spend $125, and to recoupe that you need to spend $1,250 next week ... I do these gymnastics to try an pursuade myself that the 10% is not free ... doesn't always work, I've already spent $25 today ... so many $1.99 items I really really must have ... :D
amster22 verified your logic, so while it wasn't explained you technically weren't off base.

I'm a $1.99 PC+ for a day junkie as well. The $12.99 bundle was also fairly interesting to me, so I'll probably end up over $25 today, so 2% off maybe next week for me unless a lot of other stuff interests me this week.

That and BYOB. Hoping for a BYOB11...

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Daz3D.com Flash sale until 16:59 MDT (UDT -6). Less than an hour and a half to go as of this post.
60% off select items from select vendors, 70% off with any new release:

3D Sugar, Herschel Hoffmeyer, Linday, SWAM, Tentman, Outoftouch and TheAntFarm are the featured vendors in this sale.

Some of these items are already showing 78% off, which still doesn't put my wishlist items anywhere near $2-$3, but maybe there is stuff that you may want. The daily spotlight new item might be a decent 'cheap' item to meet the new prereq if you see something you've been wanting...

Reactions: tk99 and amster22

tk99

Jun 3, 2019
ms are already showing 78% off, which still doesn't put my wishlist items anywhere near $2-$3, but maybe there is stuff that you may want. The daily spotlight new item might be a decent 'cheap' item to meet the new prereq if you see something you've been wanting...
Yeah, again (like the last 20 sales except the decimator) nothing for me.

But thanks for the heads up.

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Flash sale at daz 3D Many DO items at 60% off, 65% for 2-3, 75% 4+
The discount stacks with PC+ discount (giving a total of 86% off).

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
Schocking Sale - 15% off gift card with 3 new, these qualify:
- free
- free
- $0.57

Reactions: amster22 and OhWee

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
- free
- free
- $0.57
Just a note that 3 new releases (excluding new freebies) will also give you 15% off PC+ for a day in today's sale (so $1.69 each), and buying any new release over $1 will net you another freebie...

The new search function makes the link above harder to find if you are looking for 'only' new releases, should you want to sort by say price low to high, but that should do the trick for ya!

There's been enough stuff that I've wanted in PC+ for a day in the last two days to 'net' a 4% discount for next week so far (throwing in a couple of other cheap discounted items to push my pre-tax total over $25 each day) and today looks interesting as well. I fully expect that next week's sales will be lame though, but maybe we'll get lucky...

Another note. If you plan to take advantage of the 15% off gift cards deal as well, you might consider setting aside the new items that oaiki mentioned and grabbing a fourth cheap new release for this deal, and/or buying the gift card with the three aforementioned new items first in a separate cart. That way you can use your 'banked discounted store credit' for the extra 15% off of PC+ for a day and such.

I REALLY need a new laptop, this keyboard is getting worse and worse... stupid supply shortages!

Last edited:
Reactions: oaiki and amster22

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
- free
- free
- $0.57
My experience is different. The new freebies do not seems to qualify for a GC discount.
They do not qualify either for PCFAD 5-15% discount.

BUT, they do qualify for the free item
Just need to buy either the two new freebies or the free PC+ anniversary pack to get a free item.
And you can do that many times (and I am not 100% certain that it was really intended :unsure:).

Last edited:

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
If the free items madness at daz3D leaves you some idle time, you can have a look at rendo.

Steampunk sale with many items at 55%/65%prime off (ends tomorrow)

Several stores at 50 to 60% off (ends on friday)

Reactions: OhWee and oaiki

Schlongborn

May 4, 2019
Just need to buy either the two new freebies or the free PC+ anniversary pack to get a free item.
And you can do that many times (and I am not 100% certain that it was really intended :unsure:).
How... can this be real? I keep purchasing stuff for free, and it's some quite nice stuff among those >1200(!!!) items that you can get for free?

tk99

Jun 3, 2019
How... can this be real? I keep purchasing stuff for free, and it's some quite nice stuff among those >1200(!!!) items that you can get for free?

It's G1 and G2 stuff.
I don't think many people spend money on these nowadays.
Not to mention lots of 3DS ... models. (sure you can retexture them with iray, but that doesn't change the fact that they are old and therefore far away from the quality you can get, for free, on other sites. For example the cars).

The few G3 are ... no thanks, same goes for the few environments and props.

So ... why not give something away nobody buys and some customers will be "oh great!"
It''s working every time.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote