The Daz Studio and Related Product Deals Thread (Daz3D, Renderosity, Renderotica, etc.)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Another PC+ catchup sale.

BYOB 8 is (again) a bunch of old stuff mostly. This item includes 'pew pew!' laser beams...

Sound effects not included!

The 80% off these items with coupon code category if you buy 2 debut or still new might be interesting, or not, I haven't dug into it yet. Gotta luv PC+ coupon blocking...

Anyways, if you've not been paying attention to the $1.99 PC+ for a day/missed a (few) day(s), this being a catchup sale, the items from the last two weeks are included for your convenience:

The $12.99 PC Anniversary Bundle 8 includes some Yanni dude. He looks maybe 40% similar to that other Yanni guy, maybe if you give him a black mustache and some shoulder length curly locks, he might pass as the musician from a distance maybe...

Silliness aside, y'all know the drill!

Edit:
I just tried an item for the 80% off sale with this coupon code and two debut/still new items:
SATURDAYSAVINGZ

Discounts do not stack (at least for the item I tried) so only 80% off total. Haven't tried any other items yet, but it appears no stacking discounts on the 80% off...

Last edited:

Schlongborn

May 4, 2019
Anyways, if you've not been paying attention to the $1.99 PC+ for a day/missed a (few) day(s), this being a catchup sale, the items from the last two weeks are included for your convenience:
According to the DAZ forum there are a lot of items missing that were in the PC for a day sales in the last two weeks.

Reactions: OhWee

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
According to the DAZ forum there are a lot of items missing that were in the PC for a day sales in the last two weeks.
That happens. The relevant PAs sometimes withdraw their items from consideration in the PC+ for a day catchup sales, or other sale elements, as they'd like to make more money on such things when they can, and try to limit their exposure to the 'bargain sales' a bit. Some PA's just take a pass on such sales opportunities entirely, so I suppose we should be happy that the Daz3D.com sales team is able to talk some PA's into these sales in the first place.

Just another reason to suck us all in to checking the Daz3D.com site at least once a day, which of course distracts us from rendering (annoying). This is why I like the format of Renderosity sales more, they are more clear about such things and keep the silly sales games to a minimum...

There's always the chance that some of the missing items will be added to tomorrow's catchup sale, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
I was pleasantly surprised by BYOB 8, and ended up triple dipping that part of the sale. Just a lot of fun (older) stuff for one off renders and such, if you don't mind putting in a little extra work updating the textures to Iray and such...

Also, thos Plushies are just too cute! I should try loading them though to see if there are issues, but at 37 cents a pop, yeah was sucked in by the cute-ness...

For fanart types such as myself, finding unusual things and places to place fave characters in is just pure silly fun!

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
OK, that has to be a mistake...

We're Not Alone bundle (with 4 items) is showing as $10.38 on the Daz3D.com PC+ sale page and $8.82 in my cart, and is a prereq for two freebies...

Grab it while you can (if interested) in case the price jumps soon...

Reactions: oaiki

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
OK, that has to be a mistake...

We're Not Alone bundle (with 4 items) is showing as $10.38 on the Daz3D.com PC+ sale page and $8.82 in my cart, and is a prereq for two freebies...

Grab it while you can (if interested) in case the price jumps soon...
Yup spotted that too then it added an orange banner thingy and dropped it to $5.96

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face

glassware

Oct 6, 2020
If you're NOT in PC+, today is your day, as it's "everyone is in PC+ for a day" sale. You can a bunch of free items (two free items plus a free bundle), plus PC+-for-a-day, etc.

OK, that has to be a mistake... We're Not Alone bundle (with 4 items) is showing as $10.38 on the Daz3D.com PC+ sale page and $8.82 in my cart, and is a prereq for two freebies...
I could be wrong, but I suspect it's not a mistake, as the stuff in the bundle is pretty niche. I don't even want the available free items enough to get two items for $8-$10.

Which reminds me of one thing I hate about Daz/Renderosity Halloween offerings. Everyone makes monsters & spooky stuff, nobody makes Halloween costumes (and e.g. Halloween decorations), i.e. obviously people in costumes & masks, not actually twisted monstrous faces or period-perfect outfits. Obviously that's great for people making fantasy/horror stuff, but I feel like maybe if 1 out of every 3 or 5 Halloweens people instead made costumes instead that would be nice, you could use those for Halloween, costume parties, school plays, low-budget filmmaking, people playing pranks, etc.

Last edited:

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
At rendo, a set of items at 60% off for 24 hours

and stuff at 70% off for 48 hours

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
Everyone makes monsters & spooky stuff, nobody makes Halloween costumes
I agree, the thing is, though, the horror genre is a year round cross cultural thing, whereas the Halloween is culture specific so it may be viewed as not commercially significant to invest in. There are many other topics that are not well represented ... maybe one day I'll get good enough to make some ;)

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
WTF?

Well, at least it's free (for PC+ members)...
I didn't bite earlier this year when they put up the 2021 Platinum Club Anniversary Packs. Come to think of it, I didn't bite last year when they put the 2020 Anniversary Packs up either. Last year I got several for free, and this year I got packs 2, 3, and 5 for free. I might have got the others when they were offered for free, but there are some weeks when I don't even log in to look what freebies they are offering. This week's free offering is the 2021 Platinum Club Anniversary Pack 5, as well as the Cube Car, and trees lit with LEDs. On the totally free side (not PC+) there are a few models for Lee 6 as well as several tutorials for the Auto Fit function (from Gen > Gen 2, both male and female).

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Interesting Halloween week-end at rendo.

1/ many items at 50% off

2/ bogo items. You can get a free random items (out of a set) for any purchase over $3.50.

For that you need to add a specific item either for DS or poser before check out
DS :
The set comprises many items and they seem rather new (you can see them in the "description" tab).
No need to say that several small purchases are better as you get a free item every time.
And, if you previously purchase a gift certificate, you also can get an extra bogo item for the gift cert.

All these offers last until sunday 23:59 (cdt).

Last edited:
Reactions: oaiki and OhWee

tk99

Jun 3, 2019
If anybody wants to purchase the decimator plugin (100$ list price), it's highly discounted and the 6 for 18$ coupon works, bringing down the purchase to $16.20 (without gift card).

Reactions: oaiki and OhWee

tk99

Jun 3, 2019
It's getting ridiculous.

1.99$ deal.

- "Load all" preset takes 7.5GB VRAM!
- Light settings (on) do not work.

Yes, it's a big env with a lot of details.
But there is no way to load only a part of it.
There even isn't a way to delete some parts.

I'm not questioning how this can be sold at the normal price, I'm questioning how that can be sold at all, even for 1.99$.
To use this you have to pay me .... and a lot.

One more artist on the blacklist and one more blow to my confidence in the not existing Daz QC.

*edit*

Aaaannndddd...

I'm not able to file a refund request, after submitting it just jumps back to the start.

Last edited:

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Yeah, I don't think that Black Friday sales are as awesome as they used to be. In general that is, but yeah bumping PC+ for a day by a buck each, not cool. I've pretty much picked those dry in previous PC+ for a day sales, but still...

BYOB changed to BYOB10, so that's something I guess... gives me an excuse for rounding out my Plushies collection for set decoration purposes... or maybe twisted stuffed animal sex...

• Haha
Reactions: oaiki

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
Flash sale ... extr 30% off select items with new item and code: TRICKORTREAT

currently at $0.77 counts as a new item

[edit] got excited because there was a wishlist item of mine of there ... rest seems to be just spooky stuff ...

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote