The Daz Studio and Related Product Deals Thread (Daz3D, Renderosity, Renderotica, etc.)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
... and is currently 0.77$ ...
Thanks for the heads up on the low buy-in. I wanted to get a gift card but I didn't want to go too crazy, so the cheap buy-in was a nice perk and got me topped up until better sales sometime in the future on gift cards.

Reactions: oaiki and OhWee

tk99

Jun 3, 2019
Thanks for the heads up on the low buy-in. I wanted to get a gift card but I didn't want to go too crazy, so the cheap buy-in was a nice perk and got me topped up until better sales sometime in the future on gift cards.
I second that.

Without the shaders I wouldn't have bought the gift card.

Reactions: oaiki and OhWee

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
I second that.

Without the shaders I wouldn't have bought the gift card.
This sale was a bit different than past sales. In past sales, in order to get the highest discount, you had to buy an ungodly amount of $ on your gift card (like $300). This was the first one that I have seen in a long time that offers 24% just for the simple buy-in of a new release (some of which, like this one, were super cheap). I wasn't going to spend no $300 for a 24% discount, but I could spend a lesser amount just to recharge a little, as my existing gift card was almost completely depleted.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Thanks y'all for calling out the 24% off gift cards earlier. I probably could have held out for a while on my current gift card balance, but I bumped it up a bit anyways for comfort.

Today's $1.99 PC+ for a day includes at least two bundles, and is a rather interesting mix. A few of the P3Design characters are in the mix, along with other characters, some hairstyles, sets, a camera booth and so forth. Anyways, might be worth a looksee:

The BYOB and weekly PC+ sale freebies have cycled as well, so check those out of course. I've picked the BYOB categories pretty well already in past sales, but still found a few items to hit the 8 item mark.

Reactions: oaiki

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Quick commentary on today's PC+ sale.

You can pick up a Genesis 2 or 3 Pro bundle for $10 with a coupon code, or an associated G2/G3 starter bundle for $5 with another coupon code.

In my case, since I own 59 out of 59 bundles, no joy, but for others who may have had their eye on one or more of these bundles, IMHO $10 isn't bad if you have use for a few of the items in that bundle.

I'm underwhelmed by PC+ for a day today (yesterday was a good day for me), but others may see stuff there they want. I have about 35% of the items in that sale already, but flipping over to 'show only owned', yeah a couple of gems there but not many, at least from my perspective.

Also, wasn't the hot dog costume free at some point? Not in the last year apparently (according to Daz Deals) but I have it and probably wouldn't have bought it...

I'm kind of hoping to get some orange banner love for owning so many G2/G3 pro bundles, in the 'old days' they would do this, but these days, not holding my breath...

Overall, this will be a quiet sale day for me, which I actually don't mind...

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Looks like Daz3D.com changed the look and format of the shopping cart. So far, not a fan, looks too busy...

I suppose we can hope for an associated pricing glitch in our favor. Last year, when they changed the store format, there was a brief period where stuff was underpriced, until they tracked down the math algorithm issues. This isn't nearly as big of a change, but one can hope I guess...

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
So I just tried the 'buy Debut or Still new thing to get extra 70% off' of items in today's Daz3D.com sale, from here:

The daily spotlight item didn't trigger the discount, but depending on how vigilant you were with spotlight items earlier this week, you may have some cheap options in 'still new'. I ended up putting Bryson in my cart ($3.27) to trigger the discount.

Anyways, a number of these items are already discounted more than 45% off (say 77% off or higher for older stuff), so the extra discount pushes things into the 93% off+ range for these. If you are a PC+ member of course. Might be worth a looksee.

Last edited:

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Quick note:

Today's Daz3D.com sale includes a 10% off entire cart offer if you buy two debut or still new releases, with coupon code:
MEGASAVINGZ

This is slightly glitched, as the wrapping paper ($5.76) is showing as free in the cart, so it isn't counting as a 'debut new', but most of the other debut/still new items will count as your two 'buy in' items. Hence, you can grab a PC+ membership for 46% off (instead of 40% off), but of course you should factor in the 'buy in' price.

So, judgement call on your part. The 70% off 7 select items is still running from yesterday as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: amster22

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
PC+ catchup sale at Daz3D.com! You know the drill...

It's been nice that the 'PC+ for a day' catchup items are still $1.99 (for PC+ members anyways). In past sales they've done $2.99 for said catchup items, which was annoying. Knock on wood...

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
At rendo some interesting deals

Selected items at 60% off for 24 hours

Selected items at 70% off for 48 hours (until Tuesday)

Reactions: OhWee

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Flash sale at daz3D. 15% off the cart for a purchase over $50 with coupon XTRAGREAT
(Today sale is very bad and finding $50 worth buying is difficult, but who knows...)

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
15% for buying $50 of crap? I think that is a hard no from me. When I looked at it, I thought, oh boy, here we go again with another self-serving "deal" from the folks at Daz3D

tk99

Jun 3, 2019
Yeah, the latest Daz sales don't trigger more than a bored yawn.

Buy this or that shit ... or x0$ to get x% off of things I don't want.

And even if there are some good offers, they only include vendors which are known for .... not so good quality.

I've canceled my PC+ or Daz+ (what happend to the rebranding, I tought that's the new hot shit) whatever membership.
Still have 10 month where Daz can prove me wrong, but I don't think that will happen.

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
missed the gift card sale, but as with the current 10$ Winter Item sale it seemed totally uninspiring

Reactions: seamanq

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
The 15% off cart if $50 or more in cart sale might have been a good opportunity to renew PC+ at 49% off ($35.70) but I decided to hold out for 50%... I may regret that later. Probably should have 'ate' the other 70 cents...

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Again, the deals do not fail to disappoint. Buy these crappy bundles so you can get a really big discount on stuff you may really not care about. Again, a really hard pass. Are the people at Daz3D really so sadly clueless that they do not realize that these attempts are desperate? Or are they borrowing the notion that a sucker is born every minute, and that by putting these pathetic offers out there that they will snag a few unwitting victims? Pretty sad.

glassware

Oct 6, 2020
Again, the deals do not fail to disappoint. Buy these crappy bundles so you can get a really big discount on stuff you may really not care about. Again, a really hard pass. Are the people at Daz3D really so sadly clueless that they do not realize that these attempts are desperate? Or are they borrowing the notion that a sucker is born every minute, and that by putting these pathetic offers out there that they will snag a few unwitting victims? Pretty sad.
We're not privy to the sales numbers. The fact that they've been doing this for a quite a while now suggests that it's probably working.

Maybe not working on us, but on somebody. Enough somebodies that they're sticking with it.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
This is still my favorite sale of the year. Mainly for the freebies, the $1.99 PC+ for a day, and to a lesser extent the BYOBs. Admittedly, the BYOB stuff is mostly older stuff, but I've picked up a lot of fun storytelling related pieces there.

But I pretty much stopped paying attention to the new bundles. Mainly because I know that someday they will be offered for cheap, just gotta be patient.

There's been a couple of other moments, but to be honest for those of you that were paying attention at the last weekend of September, there were some pretty cool stacking deals at that time, which in some cases beat some of the current offers.

I'd suggest taking a deep breath and watching the $1.99 PC+ for a day daily, as a lot of cool stuff is rotating though that category. Also, the 'deeply discounted spotlight item deals have often been notable.

Last edited:
Reactions: oaiki

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Flash sale at daz3D on 1K+ items (OoT, xtrart, Ansiko, etc) with 65%/70%PC+ off.
Discount stacks with DO discount (but it mostly concerns very old assets).

Reactions: OhWee
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote