The Daz Studio and Related Product Deals Thread (Daz3D, Renderosity, Renderotica, etc.)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
the 8 for a total of 2.99 in the BYOB is quite reasonalbe; until, you exhaust the items you need/want ...
It has actually been working out at $0.37 per item making a total of $2.96 ... breaks if you have more than 8 of them in the cart, but you can go back for more ... using it to add shaders and some legacy stuff, I like but wouldn't consider buying at anything more, to my library

Reactions: OhWee

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
The PC+ sale continues at Daz3D with today a gift card sale.
The GC sale is reserved for PC+ member with a 10% discount on a GC or 20% with any new release. As you can get some new releases under $2 the buy-in is quite reasonnable. 20% off GC seem to be more or less the maximum that we have got in the recent months.

Reactions: oaiki and OhWee

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
A couple of 60% off sales going on at Renderosity, plus this 70% off bargain bin sale:

Reactions: amster22

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
The PC+ sale continues at daz3D with the usual PCFAD, BYOB, freebies and some deals are very good.

But I wanted to point out an interesting opportunity today.

When you buy a debut or still new release, you can have 7 select DO items at 70% off.
Some still new releases are very cheap and there are some ways to stack discounts. Daz has been very careful recently to avoid any discount stacking and most of the concerned assets are at full price, but there are some PC+ items and some items already at 50% off. With the 45% PC+ sale discount and the extra 70% with this sale, you can get 93% off DO items, which is a very rare discount.
The discount on PC+ items can be even more impressive, but probably most PC+ will be somehow hard discounted in a BYOB.
There are only some hundreds of items already at 50% off, and to find them, sort by % off (requires the daz deals addon) and they will around pages 10-20 (depends on what you already own).

EDIT: Actually the extra 50% discount comes from the "friend of the sale" section, and it is easier to find the discounted items there. Unfortunately daz has disabled the search of DO items in this list (probably intentionally!) but by sorting by %off, you can find them easily.
And you can use this feature several times by rebuying a cheap still new release (with Aprylish hair at $1.67 while their lowest previous price was was $4.8, it is difficult to resist!).

Last edited:

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
The PC+ sale continues at daz3D with the usual PCFAD, BYOB, freebies and some deals are very good.

But I wanted to point out an interesting opportunity today.

When you buy a debut or still new release, you can have 7 select DO items at 70% off.
Some still new releases are very cheap and there are some ways to stack discounts. Daz has been very careful recently to avoid any discount stacking and most of the concerned assets are at full price, but there are some PC+ items and some items already at 50% off. With the 45% PC+ sale discount and the extra 70% with this sale, you can get 93% off DO items, which is a very rare discount.
The discount on PC+ items can be even more impressive, but probably most PC+ will be somehow hard discounted in a BYOB.
There are only some hundreds of items already at 50% off, and to find them, sort by % off (requires the daz deals addon) and they will around pages 10-20 (depends on what you already own).
They put the B.E.T.T.Y. Vintage Garden lamps on sale in the still new section ($2.74) which makes the buy-in very cheap. If you happen to be using Genesis 3 Females (or want to try your luck with clothing converters), the Merimay Dress Designer collection is part of this sale. The Base (Merimay for Genesis 3 Female) comes in at $1.34, and the three texture sets (Merimay Dress Designer One through Three) come in at a whopping $1 each after the stacked discounts. Not bad if you want to add a ton of dress options, and hey, who can't have more dresses to gussy up their womenfolk in? If you are interested in using the Merimay set with Genesis 8, purchasing the dForce MeriMay Multiform for Genesis 8 Female(s) makes all the Genesis 3 textures compatible with Genesis 8, making it a much more interesting purchase.

Some new male and female models for Genesis 8 start showing up around the $5 mark. which lists in the sale at $5.21 ends up being $1.27 after the stacking sale. Just for giggles, I thought I would throw my Platinum Club freebie coupon (10_21PlatClub) at this sale, and it zeroed out most of my purchases, so it stacks with everything else. Some really nice dForce enabled clothing for Genesis Female 8 shows up right around the $5.50 price point. Cool dresses, hair, etc. show up in the sale up to $8 and over, but after stacking with the Plat coupon, end up being heavily discounted to under $1 each.

Just for reference, I bought the Merimay for Genesis 3 Female and all three texture sets as well as the dForce MeriMay Multiform for Genesis 8 set. I stacked that with one of April YSH's hairs for Genesis 8, a high school classroom interior (hey, who can't use more of those), and the obligatory B.E.T.T.Y. lamps for a total buy-in (after applying my Plat club coupon) of $6.74. All seven of the sale items were under $1 (except for the HS interior at a whopping $1.05).
Not a bad outing, all in all.

Last edited:
Reactions: OhWee and amster22

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
By the way, this sale wouldn't have even crossed my radar (been ignoring most of the recent Daz crap sales) unless amster22 pointed it out, so props to you. Good on yer, mate.

Reactions: oaiki

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Just for giggles, I thought I would throw my Platinum Club freebie coupon (10_21PlatClub) at this sale, and it zeroed out most of my purchases, so it stacks with everything else.
It is a good idea to use the PC+ coupon with this sale. Most of my recent purchases where new or PCFAD and they cant be discounted by a coupon.
But, PCFAD items count towards the $18 threshold of the 10_21Save6 coupon which is always difficult to use.
So you can buy the BETTY item, the 70%off items, complete with some PCFAD items so that the 70%off+PCFAD items are over $18 and use the coupon. Your 70%off items will get an extra discount.

Reactions: seamanq

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
It is a good idea to use the PC+ coupon with this sale. Most of my recent purchases where new or PCFAD and they cant be discounted by a coupon.
But, PCFAD items count towards the $18 threshold of the 10_21Save6 coupon which is always difficult to use.
So you can buy the BETTY item, the 70%off items, complete with some PCFAD items so that the 70%off+PCFAD items are over $18 and use the coupon. Your 70%off items will get an extra discount.
Yeah. I had my freebie coupon, so I wasn't going there as I have very little left on my store credit from past gift card purchases. I spose I will purchase more credit once I see a decent deal appear again.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
OK, is it just me or are there no 'friends of the sale' in any of today's sales on Daz3D.com?

You know, that section where you get extra discounts on specific PA sales, usually at the bottom of the sales page?

The reason I ask is that dealspotr.com is calling out up to 50% off 5 friends of the sale items when you buy 2+ of these items with coupon code FEATURED50 . I wanted to test this coupon to see if it worked, but yeah...

It's just weird to not have any specific PC stores on sale in any case! Thinking my browser broke the webpage or something...

Boogie

Aug 7, 2017
Pretty sure the page is broken. When I left for work this morning I checked the deals on my phone and everything was there, PC+ for a Day, BYOB, etc. It's all missing now.

tk99

Jun 3, 2019
OK, is it just me or are there no 'friends of the sale' in any of today's sales on Daz3D.com?

You know, that section where you get extra discounts on specific PA sales, usually at the bottom of the sales page?

The reason I ask is that dealspotr.com is calling out up to 50% off 5 friends of the sale items when you buy 2+ of these items with coupon code FEATURED50 . I wanted to test this coupon to see if it worked, but yeah...

It's just weird to not have any specific PC stores on sale in any case! Thinking my browser broke the webpage or something...

There is

But the coupon isn't working (for me).

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
I remember there was a discussion on this coupon some days ago on the daz forums

And people were complaining that it was not working properly.
Do not know if it is still active.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Just a note. The 'regular' freebies at Daz3d.com have been updated. Nothing overly exciting, although there is a G2M mini bundle in the mix...

Also, catchup sale, so if you missed any $1.99 PC+ for a day sales earlier in the week, you get a second chance.

Reactions: Schlongborn

Schlongborn

May 4, 2019
Just a small thing I find interesting: the "exclusive" PC+ item "Old Library", is actually available on Unreal Marketplace under the name "The Bookworm Experiment".

Interesting to know that Polish now seems to be selling on Unreal Marketplace as well, might end up being the better deal if you're interested in interactive licenses, since in the Unreal Marketplace you get one in the base price. And the discounts there can be pretty substantial as well, I remember they had a 90% off sale sometime this year, or at the end of last year (for select stuff only, but still).

Reactions: OhWee and amster22

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
I just have to groan when I see a skin tight outfit that is advertised as dForce... besides the marketing angle am I missiing something, or is this essentially pointless 95% of the time?

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
I just have to groan when I see a skin tight outfit that is advertised as dForce... besides the marketing angle am I missiing something, or is this essentially pointless 95% of the time?
Completely agree. I had the same questioning when I looked at Lali Spandex dforce bodysuit. Dforce could have been useful for the shoelaces, but they are not included in the asset! Well, at least, you can drop the bodysuit on the floor and turn it to a beautiful drapery.

Reactions: oaiki and OhWee

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Today's Daz3D.com sale is currently goofy, so I'm not sure what to think.

Specifically, items in the $2.99 categories that are showing much lower prices than $2.99.

Might pay to let the dust settle. My first impression is that this whole Genesis 2 & 3 on sale thing means paying more than $1.99 PC+ for a day prices, which is almost the only part of the sale I pay attention to, that and maybe BYOB (Build your own bundle). So color me underwhelmed, speak up if you find any good deals there once the sale is fixed.

The BYOB thing mostly has the same stuff as last year, and I did a lot of BYOB-ing last year, so it's been a challenge to find 8 items that I actually want...

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Some interesting discounts at rendo
60% off a set of items (for 24 hours)
70% off a set of items (for 48 hours)
Depending on the item, this may or not be stacked with coupons.

Also some deals at 50% off, but that is more common.

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
OK, no one has commented on this (prolly cuz it is a new sale) but there is a gift card sale running at Daz3d, but especially oriented towards PC+ members. Non PC+ members get 10% off, but PC+ members get 15% off, and an additional 10% with a new release purchase, which means any gift card purchase (no matter the value) can get 25% off with a relatively low buy-in. Sounds good to me!

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote