The Daz Studio and Related Product Deals Thread (Daz3D, Renderosity, Renderotica, etc.)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Boogie

Aug 7, 2017
Its a minor thing, but I just noticed that the free item requirement of x$ is not really accurate. For example I put a whole bunch of the 1.99$ items into my so I that I get >10 for the extra 10% discount, so my cart is at ~20$ currently, but when I add the free item with a requirement of "spend more then 35$ in a single transaction", I still can get it for free.

I also have an orange banner for a "free" item with a single transaction of 50$, and that works too in that cart with only ~20$ in it.
I did some testing and it looks like the Free Item is calculated on the undiscounted price. So if you buy just one of the $!.99 items with an original price over $35 you can get the freebie.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: amster22 and OhWee

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Several sales at rendo

Vendors at 50% or 60% off. Depending on the vendor most items, but the newest ones, are at 60% off and the sale stacks with coupons. This includes artists like Kaleya, Rainbowlight, fefecoolyellow, ...
(ends on sunday)
(last day)

Large sale (1000 items) for medieval/fantasy assets 50%/60%prime off. (ends on tuesday)

Reactions: OhWee

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
I did some testing and it looks like the Free Item is calculated on the undiscounted price. So if you buy just one of the $!.99 items with an original price over $35 you can get the freebie.
I definitely confirm and this may be very interesting today as you can choose a freebie among 20+ items (including a g8F DO char) whenever you purchase over $50. There are today a large number of clearance items (alas at $2.99 and you must buy 10 to get them at $1.99). Most (maybe all) are recycled from previous sales, but if you can pick a couple of interesting clearance items whose total initial price is over $50, you can choose a freebie. And you can iterate this several times.

There is an extra discount on so-called "dramatic Daz Originals" for a $50 or $100(!!!) purchase and I wondered if it also worked the same way (more curious than really interested, tbh). But no extra discount is triggered, you really need to spend this (crazy) amount.

Last edited:
Reactions: OhWee and glassware

glassware

Oct 6, 2020
There is an extra discount on so-called "dramatic Daz Originals" for a $50 or $100(!!!) purchase and I wondered if it also worked the same way (more curious than really interested, tbh). But no extra discount is triggered, you really need to spend this (crazy) amount.
This is not 100% true, but I have no effing clue what the rule is.

I put a few clearance items in my cart whose list price adds up to a bit under $50. Then I put a Genesis 8 pro bundle in (to test, I don't actually want it); in the store it was listed as 72% off, but once in the cart it was 76% off (which is 15% extra) even though the cart total was under $50. Of course, the total of the list prices was over $100 and I was only getting the over-$50 deal, so who knows what's going on.

Bottom-line is, it may be worth playing around a little if there's enough sale items in your wishlist to break $50 or $100 total of list price.

Also, the list is full of deals from 70% off to 90% off, so worth a little time unless you're a "I will only spend $2 or less per item" person.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: OhWee and amster22

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
This is not 100% true, but I have no effing clue what the rule is.

I put a few clearance items in my cart whose list price adds up to a bit under $50. Then I put a Genesis 8 pro bundle in (to test, I don't actually want it); in the store it was listed as 72% off, but once in the cart it was 76% off (which is 15% extra) even though the cart total was under $50. Of course, the total of the list prices was over $100 and I was only getting the over-$50 deal, so who knows what's going on.

Bottom-line is, it may be worth playing around a little if there's enough sale items in your wishlist to break $50 or $100 total of list price.

Also, the list is full of deals from 70% off to 90% off, so worth a little time unless you're a "I will only spend $2 or less per item" person.
Yep the rule for the extra "dramatic Daz Originals" is more complex... Probably they evaluate the value of the cart and apply the discount if it is over $50. And the discount remains even if the final total is <$50.

I just noticed that some of these "dramatic" items are *very* cheap and can trigger the free item. For instance the "warrior maiden bundle" is at $0.80 but has an initial price of $59.90. Put it in your cart and you can get one of the freebies. There are other items like that. Sort the "dramatic Daz Originals" by increasing price.
Edit: I even noticed that freebies can trigger the freebie threshold!! I already have the "foxhole props" that is 100%off and initially at $19.95. I just rebought it, added Edie 8 ($44.90) that I did not own. And I get both of them free!!!! (I presume this is a glitch)
Edit2: The "weekly freebies" do not seem to count towards the triggering threshold, though... But the PC+ freebies do and you can "rebuy" a triggering freebie...

Last edited:

Schlongborn

May 4, 2019
Yep the rule for the extra "dramatic Daz Originals" is more complex... Probably they evaluate the value of the cart and apply the discount if it is over $50. And the discount remains even if the final total is <$50.

I just noticed that some of these "dramatic" items are *very* cheap and can trigger the free item. For instance the "warrior maiden bundle" is at $0.80 but has an initial price of $59.90. Put it in your cart and you can get one of the freebies. There are other items like that. Sort the "dramatic Daz Originals" by increasing price.
Edit: I even noticed that freebies can trigger the freebie threshold!! I already have the "foxhole props" that is 100%off and initially at $19.95. I just rebought it, added Edie 8 ($44.90) that I did not own. And I get both of them free!!!! (I presume this is a glitch)
Edit2: The "weekly freebies" do not seem to count towards the triggering threshold, though... But the PC+ freebies do and you can "rebuy" a triggering freebie...
This works for me too, but I had to add more then just the Foxhole Props to make it work, I used these:

EDIT: Just two of these seem to be enough. But you can use all of them to try and trigger the extra 25% for the "dramatic" items.
EDIT2: Just realized amster22 had basicly said why he needed just one of these, and I needed 2 or even 3 for some items: the item itself counts toward the transaction amount. So if you pick an expensive one from the list, you just have to add one cheap free item to make both free.

You can also just repeat the process to get the entire list for free.

Last edited:
Reactions: glassware

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Just need to say 'sucks to be me' today...

Well, not really, but most of the 'cool' $2.99/$1.99 bundles I already own, so I'm essentially left with a bunch of old stuff that I'll probably never use (I have Freak 5, so I don't really want or need Freak 3...). The 'lesser' single items, there are a few somewaht interesting ones that I've kept passing on, but I'm attempting cart Jenga anyways just to see if I can come up with something.

HOWEVER, for others that haven't been shopping as heavily as have in the past at the Daz store, this might be an excellent opportunity to pick up a few free Genesis 3 starter bundles for $2.99, and if you can make the cart jenga work, throw in another freebie just for fun! And a few other potentially interesting bundles as well.

I"d recommend moving on this now, though, in case the more expensive bundles in the $2.99 sale were a mistake on the Daz sales team end. It's a Sunday, though, so they may not notice if this wasn't intended, but don't take anything for granted.

Thanks for the heads up guys! This is, after all, what this thread is all about!

tk99

Jun 3, 2019
Thanks to all for reporting the sales and opportunities.

I would've never guessed that the "if you pay 50/100$ you get whatever" means the base price.
Daz is strange.

Nevertheless I got about 20 products for about 25 bucks (used the PC+ 18 coupon).
Nothing (really nothing) interesting in my wishlist, but some nice assets I didn't wanted *lol*

glassware

Oct 6, 2020
You can also just repeat the process to get the entire list for free.
For anybody like me who didn't check in on f95 yesterday, this "get one item free" sale is still ongoing and the $50 requirement can stlll be met by the list price for other freebies, so I just queued up three tabs with three freebies and went through one at a time and got all the items (that I had the slightest possiblity I might ever use) for free.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Just a note.

There's a bunch of older stuff on sale for 80 cents at Daz3D.com (if you are PC+). So if you've already grabbed all of the available freebies (sort price low to high on the main Daz3D.com store page, or sort by % off), these PC+ items can get you to $50 for fairly cheap as their 'full' prices may be over $10 each depending on the item, or just under $10...

So for say $3.20 or so you should be able to get the 'full' price counter over $50 to qualify for more of those freebies. Dunno if they will fix the 'glitch' if it is a glitch this morning, but in the meantime, hope this helps!

Edit: As glasswaree just pointed out, apparntly the price of the 'spend $50 to get one of these freebies' freebies counts towards the $50. .. hmmm...

Last edited:

glassware

Oct 6, 2020
So if you've already grabbed all of the available freebies (sort price low to high on the main Daz3D.com store page, or sort by % off), these PC+ items can get you to $50 for fairly cheap as their 'full' prices may be over $10 each depending on the item, or just under $10...
Just to clarify, you can REBUY free products you've already bought. So if you're searching the store, you have to remember to uncheck "Hide items I own". But also, even then, for some reason not all the free products show up when searching that way for me. So just use Schlongborn's list; for example the three free pose packs will push you over $50. Then just rebuy those three pose packs over and over and add a freebie each time. You should need to spend $0 to get every single freebie on the list.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
glassware

I wanted the really cheap PC+ items anyways, so I don't feel bad at all in spending around $15 to 'clean out' today's 'free if you purchase over $50' stuff. Most were already on my wishlist, so I managed to whittle down my wishlist a tiny bit...

I owned a good chunk of said '$50 freebies' already, so I only had a few left to choose from.

But for others, yeah have at it! If you can stuff freebies that you've already bought in there to grab the rest of the '$50 freebies', absolutely, go for it!

Reactions: glassware

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
The "premiere artist festival" continues at daz3D. There are still clearance items at $1.99 (and a part of them is new), and a free item for a $35 purchase.
And the free item glitch is still present (partly). What counts towards the $35 threshold is the sum of the base price of the purchased items, including re-purchased free items. The only difference with this week-end is that the base price of the free-for-$35 item (!) itself does not add.

Besides that, many clothing items at $10. This price is far above the usual discounted price for most of them, but there are several assets with a cloth bundled with a char, hair, etc, that are initially at $40 (75% off) that may be worth a look.

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
4 Hour Flash Sale include 10% / 15% off Gift Cards (later requires $100 basket, but the base price thing works)

Coupon code: SAVIN4YOU

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Just a quick note.

Don't forget to get your weekly PC+ botany freebie. *sigh*

Besides that *sigh* I wanted to note that currently some of the $1.99 clearance items (if PC+) are showing as $1.39 on the page and in the cart. There are a couple of characters and other stuff in that list at that price, so it might be worth a looksee.

As for the 'buy mega bundle to get huge coupon for September 28th' the buy in is pretty steep so I say 'just say no!'. Maybe I'm missing something but a coupon that is only good for one day is oddly specific, and who knows what DO's may or may not be on sale that day. Maybe if enough people pass on this the Daz3D sales team might get the message that people want better sales. Probably not, but one can hope. Glitches aside of course!

Reactions: oaiki and amster22

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Just a quick reminder that currently the 'full retail' price of the $1.99 'clearance' items is still counting towards the $35 ($50, etc.) threshhold for the daily sales 'freebie'. I keep forgetting about that, but my current cart has approx $6 of 'clearance' items in it, which is more than enough to qualify for the $35 'freebie'...

As for the rest of today's sale, 'meh' on my end, but then I have already acquired a virtual container ship's worth of Daz stuff so I'm not the best person to judge these sales, as I'm simply not hungry for new stuff.

There's a few vendors having 50% off, and 60% off for older items at Renderosity. One of those sales featuring some of those vendors ends today at 11:59PM Tennessee USA time, the others end tomorrow. Someone recently gifted me a Renderosity gift certificate for helping them out, which I used to FINALLY re-up my Prime membership for another year (I let it lapse a few months back), and I have a bit left on that gift certificate so I'm starting to care more about Renderosity sales again.

Anyways, yeah Daz3D clearance items at their 'retail' price are still counting towards the daily sale freebie was the main thing I wanted to talk about. Back to the grind!
:p

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Flash sale at daz3D. Select items at $5 and $2 with a new release over $1.
500 items Including almost all the ironman13 assets.

Reactions: glassware and OhWee

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
A couple of interesting deals at daz3D, today.

Several "free for a $50 purchase" items. Most have already appeared in a similar deal some days ago, but maybe you missed them, and a couple are new. And what counts towards the $50 amount is still the total *base* price of your cart, including any 100% off item.

"Legacy items" at 80% off. Note:
- these legacy items start at G3 and most of them are not so old.
- there are ~9k items concerned
- the 80% off stack with other discounts. DO assets are at 87%off and PC+ at 95-98% off
- the discount can also be stacked with coupons (and I took the opportunity to use my monthly PC+ coupon)

There are also newer items at 70%, 60% and 50%.

Last edited:
Reactions: OhWee and glassware

glassware

Oct 6, 2020
Several "free for a $50 purchase" items. Most have already appeared in a similar deal some days ago, but maybe you missed them, and a couple are new. And what counts towards the $50 amount is still the total *base* price of your cart, including any 100% off item.
I had to go way past $50 before it worked for me, but it did eventually work. Probably some of the items I tried didn't count, but hard to know which.

By the way, this that lists for $45 is free today, which is potentially helpful, and also I didn't have it already, so.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
For those that want to snipe at today's '$50 freebies', there are a bunch of 40 cent items for PC+ members. These are V4 era mostly of course, but it's been a while since we saw 40 cent or lower items.

The quickest way to spot these is, if you have the Daz Deals plugin installed in your browser, is to sort the main Daz3D.com shop page by % off. Sorting low to high will also work, but % off should put the most expensive 40 cent items (bundles, etc.) at the top of the list, after the current freebies of course. So you probably can combine two expensive ($25 list or more) items in your cart to get you across the $50 threshold, or 3-4 items maybe, which will still cost you less than $2 total.

As amster22 pointed out, there are other discounts in play as well, so a number of other, slightly newer items are showing at $1.00 or less on the main shop page. Also, as pointed out, newer stuff is also being discounted, this might be a great time to 'show only wishlist' on the main shop page to see what pops up.

So the $2.99 category, yeah just ignore that if you are trying to get the '$50 freebies' for cheap.

This week's regular freebies aren't counting towards the $50. Not sure about the PC+ one, I grabbed that one earlier in the week.

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote