The Daz Studio and Related Product Deals Thread (Daz3D, Renderosity, Renderotica, etc.)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
get a 20% off coupon for future purchases
still new to this kind of thing ... how do these coupons appear? ... and yes, I got suckered into the sale 'cause the was a couple of item I fancied ...

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
still new to this kind of thing ... how do these coupons appear? ... and yes, I got suckered into the sale 'cause the was a couple of item I fancied ...
We are essentially at the whims of the Daz3D.com sales team here. About the only coupons we can predict are the two monthly PC+ coupons if you are a PC+ member, otherwise it's essentially random/at the whims of the sales team.

Renderosity does occasonally spring coupons on us, but those are a bit more straightforward than the Daz coupons, i.e. a simple% off, plus if you are a prime member you get a monthly coupon (usable once) for 20% off.

Reactions: oaiki

glassware

Oct 6, 2020
I got an orange banner that I suspect is for everyone: sale on select daz originals + a 10% off coupon for all(?) daz originals.

This get-a-coupon-when-you-buy-something is not normal, it's a thing they've only done a couple of times, and you have to read the fine print:

1631205898223.png

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
Flash sale (60% off selected items) & up to 20% off gift cards ... also 2 free items, but only one with a 25$ basket ... haven't tried two separate baskets ... not that excited about them ...

Reactions: OhWee and amster22

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Emma and Jordi have left daz3d and have now a store at gumroad. Most of their Daz product (except the DO ones) are there and significantly cheaper than at daz3d ($3.5 for the v4 era and $9-15 for the other products). And for their installation there is a 50% off coupon "emmaandjordi"

Reactions: 31971207 and OhWee

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
At rendo, some interesting sales

Until sunday the stores of Rhiannon, hameleon, Seven and SWTrium are at 50% or 60% off.

Until today, the stores of Santuzy78, 3D-Arena, Rainbowlight and Luna3D have a similar discount.

Note that depending on the sellers, many items are actually at 60% and that the prime 20% coupon should apply PRIME2021SEPTP20B5

And if you are missing characters, there are many g8 chars at 50%/60%prime until tuesday

Reactions: glassware and OhWee

glassware

Oct 6, 2020
OK, so today's Daz3D.com sale has a 'buy this or that bundle, get a 20% off coupon for future purchases' thing going on. The bundle prices are rather steep, but I am curous as to whether you could apply this coupon to gift cards or memberships later on, say the next time that they go on sale...
The coupon came in today, and unsurprisingly, it does not apply to gift cards or memberships.

Reactions: OhWee

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
So it looks like we are all underwhelmed by the last few Daz3D.com sales.

I do want to mention that there are a few older bundles in the $1.99 category. A couple of these are Genesis 2 era, so if you are looking to increase your Genesis 2 library to clothe your Genesis 2 characters 'natively' or for more stuff to autofit to G3, they might be worth a look.

I found these by sorting the main Daz3D.com store page by sorting by % off (Daz Deals plugin) and hiding the PC+ items...

Reactions: amster22 and oaiki

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Flash sale at daz3D. Nothing breathtaking, but you can get up to 65% off on hair (1800 items) if you buy 5+.

Oh, and you can get 20% off PC+ membership (but PC+ annual sale is close now and it is probably wiser to wait)

tk99

Jun 3, 2019
So it looks like we are all underwhelmed by the last few Daz3D.com sales.

That's mildly put.

A few month ago I encouraged people to sign up for PC+.
I regret this.

The "freebies" are a joke, as long as you are not going to render a "this is my garden" scene, as there are mostly some (low quality) flowers, plants, whatever.
When was the last time we got something else than flowers (except the poor modeled pens and a room with a few million faces?)

Many of the latest "sales" don't let you use the pc+ coupons.

The quality ...
Don't get me started.
Some new "dforce" clothes have so many poke throughs as if you try convert a Gen2 to Gen8 clot.
Yeah, dforce and modifiers, seems like a mystery to some devs.

Some established PAs released some environment ... like Tesla. Hell, 5GB Vram only for the scene, really? Are you kidding me?

I could go on ...
Or just use some other stores.

Reactions: amster22

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
That's mildly put.

A few month ago I encouraged people to sign up for PC+.
I regret this.

The "freebies" are a joke, as long as you are not going to render a "this is my garden" scene, as there are mostly some (low quality) flowers, plants, whatever.
When was the last time we got something else than flowers (except the poor modeled pens and a room with a few million faces?)

Many of the latest "sales" don't let you use the pc+ coupons.

The quality ...
Don't get me started.
Some new "dforce" clothes have so many poke throughs as if you try convert a Gen2 to Gen8 clot.
Yeah, dforce and modifiers, seems like a mystery to some devs.

Some established PAs released some environment ... like Tesla. Hell, 5GB Vram only for the scene, really? Are you kidding me?

I could go on ...
Or just use some other stores.
That is largely true. There are still some excellent artists that release outstanding products, but the economy of daz relies on mass production, not on quality. In their business model, they "must" issue 10 new items a day and put pressure on the PAs to respect this crazy rhythm. Then they try to trap the customers to buy items that they obviously do not need with huge bundles, grouped sales "buy n and get x% off", "free" items (if you purchase for $50), sale offers that are so complex that they are unable to manage them properly, and so on.

The main problem is that maintaining such a rhythm with high quality standards is impossible and 90% of these new items are either duplicates of already existing assets or of poor quality (and the daz forums are full of complaints on the lack of quality control at daz).

Except the "clearance" sales and a few excellent deals, I did not really buy many items at daz3D in the last months. And the worst is that I do not complain. I realized that I only use a small subset of what I buy at daz3D, while it is not true for sites like rendo or renderotica where I buy less, but much more useful assets.
Presently I am mostly interested by envs and tools at daz3D. I keep an eye on chars and hair (that both may be excellent), but I already have so many that I am rarely interested. I no longer buy light sets, hdri or shaders except if they are massively discounted. I never buy poses, it is the fun part of creating a render. When I need a specific prop, I generally find it either in my library or on free sites.
And for the cloths (and most of my purchase are cloths), I really prefer rendo. Their assets are generally more original, sexier, of a higher quality and finish, with more movement morphs, you can buy a dress without cluttering your disk with a nth useless pair of shoes, and the cloths always have several materials in the base asset (while daz generally carefully selects the ugliest texture for the asset in order to force people to buy the texture addons).

Reactions: tk99

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
As someone that pretty much ignores Dforce, which is not to be confused with Geforce, or G-Force...

gforce.jpg

Someone is actually working on a live action version of this old 70's cartoon in 2021 (There was an update about this in July of this year, but a lot of this stuff never makes it past the development stage), but I digress...

Anyways, yeah I'm happy with Genesis 3 stuff. Quality is all over the place in any generation of Genesis figures, and yes you are right that in one respect the production pipeline does water down the quality a bit, but at least the older generation stuff goes on sale more often, and often for better discounts, but of course once you own the stuff you want... I still have a bunch of pre Genesis 8 stuff in my Daz3D.com wishlist though, just waiting on the right sale.

Dforce is just an extra step in the production process, and renders already take me a long time and for a 'game' environment, anything you can do to 'cut corners' and still have stuff look nice helps. Most people around this forum are just here for the sex scenes anyways...

But yeah, although tk99 is grumpier about it than amster22 , I can't argue with the general sentiment these days. This whole 'season pass' thing is another more overt money grab by the Daz3D.com sales team, which tends to dilute Platinum Club even more.

But the main two reasons why I still recommend grabbing plat club, but only if it's on sale for 40% off or more, is the additonal 30% discounts on DOs and the two monthly coupons. Sure, coupon blocking is an issue with the coupons, and it's becoming harder and harder to employ those coupons in sales, but so far I'm still managing to find stuff to use them on. The freebies have always been more miss than hit with me anyways, although occasionally they do throw in a useful one (to me anyways) just for fun.

I do wish they'd get off this extra coupon kick though, and yeah Season Pass needs to die an ignomious death...

I'll be honest, about the only sales I closely watch for these days are the $1.99 sales, and a few of those have been $2.99 or more for non Plat Club members, so in this context, I should ask, did I buy at least $40 in these $1.99 items in the last year, that's an easy yes for me (it's been over a hundred items for me in that category).

So that alone paid for Plat Club, with everything else being gravy. So it's still worth it, to me at least, to play the Plat Club game, as it is still saving me hundreds of dollars a year...

It's easy to be grumpy about the sales of late. The reason I own almost all of the pre-2021 pro bundles from Daz3D.com, and associated G8 stuff that were prereqs, is because of sales, but that particular sales incentive structure has been really watered down lately, and once you own them, that incentive goes away anyways.

So yeah, it's best to just take a deep breath, maybe reminisce about awesome sales of old, and just focus on stuff available elsewhere as well. I agree with amster22 's sentiment about Renderosity items, many of the 'cool' outfits I find use for eventually come from Renderosity, and I really should shop there more, but the $1.99 sales keep diverting my Daz budget to the other site...

I FINALLY found a use for some Item I grabbed from Renderosity a while back... you can barely see it in the render below though , as it's an undergamernt...

It was a Renderosity impulse buy for me, but it's taken a couple of years to find just the right render for it... I combined it with some Evil Queen dress from Daz3D.com, and a ShareCG freebie (the launcher)...

Rhiannon makes some really cool outfits, so does LilFlame for that matter, their Renderosity stores are definitely worth a look if you are into sexy fashion...

This is why I don't mnd buying shaders (at least the cheaper packs) from Daz3D.com as 'New Item' prereqs. I find use for a lot of my 'whim buys' eventually, for my whim renders, back on topic though...

I don't mind paying more for Renderosity stuff, just saying. But since Daz3D.com discounts stuff more deeply occasionally, I'm a lot less willing to spend $5 or more for any item there, unless they are prereqs and my average cart price per item is $3 or less. This is where the sales strategy falls short with me, as some PA's are probably very deserving of $5 or more from me, but I'll pretty much ignore their stuff because of this particular Daz3D.com related philosophy...

I almost never buy poses, but as mentioned above I still grab shaders, particularly the Plat Clubs as 'new' prereqs or sales, as I use shaders a lot in my creative process. Some shaders I may never use, but sometimes I need some minor nuance, and a large library of cloth, leather, plastic and metal shaders helps with that, not to mention all of the others...

Characters, I'll be honest, I have too many. As I do fanart a lot though, I still need a lot of the 'base' characters used to create particular characters in games, and there's probably around a dozen games that I've done fanart for at some point or another, so there are still a few on my wishlist. Plus there are a few characters that I don't have yet that I still think are stunning, and I could use a few more male characters every now and then.

So don't let the latest Daz3D.com sales team tactics get you down. This can be a great excuse to pay more attention to creators that are marketing at other sites, such as Renderosity...

This is why I really appreciate it when you guys point out sales at other sites. But of course Daz3D.com keeps trying to suck us back in. IMHO they just aren't trying as hard these days.

Also, lots of cool freebies out there these days, I'm still finding interesting freebies on Deviantart, etc. on an almost weekly basis, and the Freebies thread on this site is a great place to explore the possibilities... So many gems hidden there, it's worth the effort to look for those IMHO!

Last edited:
Reactions: amster22

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
The freebies have always been more miss than hit with me anyways, although occasionally they do throw in a useful one (to me anyways) just for fun.
The thing that gets me about the "freebies" is that they usually have a "required" item ... accepted that the "required" item is not always really required; for example, a sitting pose does not really need the required prop, my OCD demands that I satisfy the requirement ... which dilutes the "freeness" of the freebie ...

There so many gotchas in the DAZ sales mechanism it is really time consuming to learn how navigate through them ...

Oh, I am still trying to figure out the catch with the discounted gift cards, other than it commits to to give them cash up front ... :unsure:

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
The thing that gets me about the "freebies" is that they usually have a "required" item ... accepted that the "required" item is not always really required; for example, a sitting pose does not really need the required prop, my OCD demands that I satisfy the requirement ... which dilutes the "freeness" of the freebie ...

There so many gotchas in the DAZ sales mechanism it is really time consuming to learn how navigate through them ...

Oh, I am still trying to figure out the catch with the discounted gift cards, other than it commits to to give them cash up front ... :unsure:
Just notng that in this context I was referring to the weekly and monthly Platinum Club freebies, which only require a Platinum Club membership to be eligible for. Lately, as noted, most of the recent PC+ freebies might be cool if you are a botany efficionado, but not as useful for other stuff, like clothing characters

There's also the other Freebie category which shows up kind of randomly, but is updated at least once a month. This tends to be a lot of really old stuff, so again not particularly useful. I always grab this stuff anyways, say if that fairytale unicorn ever goes on sale for really cheap those free addons might finally be of use... Free is free, and it can sit peacefully in my Daz3D store library in the meantime.

But your observation does apply to the other so called 'freebies', you are correct in pointing this out. The 'free if you spend $35 or more' item in today's sale is a perfect example of this. I wouldn't call that 'free' either.

Last edited:
Reactions: oaiki and glassware

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Just a quick note on the CELEBRATE70 coupon code in the 'today only sale'.

It requires a new release in your cart to get the 70% off (total) off of the select DOs. I placed the weekly PC+ freebie in my cart, which is new, and this counted even though it's free...

So if there is a DO that you need right now, and haven't snagged your weekly PC+ freebie yet, it's a thought. Otherwise, I'd suggest waiting as DOs often go on sale for more than that (say 60% off * .7 or 30% off, which is 72% off...).

Reactions: oaiki and amster22

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
So today's Daz3D.com sale...

Buy two bundles to get $25 in each of five categories. By my math this roughly translates to 'BOGO' i.e. spend about that much to get that much off of other items. Buy in looks a little steep to me, but maybe an orange banner or something might show up later or something which might make it look more attractive.

I do want to call out the $1.99 sale items though. There appear to be a couple of bundles in there, so it might be worth looking at. Spending $20 to qualify for the extra 10% off (so $1.79 an item), that's your call...

Two of the bundles that I noticed in the $1.99/$1.79 sale.

Are two of the bundles that I noticed. Might be worth $2 each to you, unless you already own most of the items in the bundles, even then maybe maybe not...

Schlongborn

May 4, 2019
Its a minor thing, but I just noticed that the free item requirement of x$ is not really accurate. For example I put a whole bunch of the 1.99$ items into my so I that I get >10 for the extra 10% discount, so my cart is at ~20$ currently, but when I add the free item with a requirement of "spend more then 35$ in a single transaction", I still can get it for free.

I also have an orange banner for a "free" item with a single transaction of 50$, and that works too in that cart with only ~20$ in it.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: amster22 and OhWee

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Among the many offers at daz today, probably the best (after the "clearance", of course) is the "50% off Select Resources & Add-Ons/70% off with 5+". It includes many useful assets that are very rarely discounted. For instance, 70% is one of the best deals you can ever get on "mesh grabber" if you do not have it already. Also v3digitimes tools, the other manfriday utils, ultrascatter, etc

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Mesh grabber is pretty much a must have IMHO, so as amster22 noted, it's worth considering. Sometimes it's much easier to use Mesh Grabber to deal with poke-thru issues than messing with the morph dials... and of course it's a very powerful tool to boot for other things when you need to make minor (or not so minor) adjustment to a mesh.

Alas Mesh Grabber Rotations for PC is NOT included in this sale (dammit!), but the Mac version is. Be careful here as there are PC AND Mac versions of Mesh Grabber and Mesh Grabber Rotations. There's a bundle for the Mac version included in this sale BTW for the handful of Mac users out there, not sure if we have any here...

Mesh Grabber Morph Editor is also included thankfully for those that might want that, but it's the 'original' Mesh Grabber tool that you will probably find most useful...

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Also, for you pen and paper fans around here that might have some old dungeon maps laying around that you might want to attempt to recreate in Daz Studio, this is also included in the 50-70% off sale...

If for some reason you need to create a dungeon map first, here's a free online dungeon map bulder for ya...

Might be useful if we have any RPGM types around here, or if you are really patient in trying to create this in Renpy (not recommended, but if you are looking for an insane test of your imagemap skills...)

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote